Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I really look at that pic, he kinda looks like he's starting to come up with lyrics for Stone Temple Pilots song he will later write about the commenter Sustinet. The song is called Creep. Ironic joke, not so funny joke.
I'm laughing, but not in a funny way. In a nervous scared way. I totally get what you mean.

1709769100521.png Oh my, what a pleasant surprise to see him! I recognized him right away.... Judge Perry from the Casey Anthony Trial. He is commenting on this case now.

Former chief judge explains next step in Madeline Soto case as evidence builds against prime suspect
Read article here:

Perry said the case is very fresh and fluid, and Kissimmee Police are working to build a case in the death of Soto after her body was discovered in a wooded area Friday.

“You will have more and more evidence. But preliminarily, they have a very good strong circumstantial case, and it will get better based upon the forensics,” said Perry.

As the case begins to unfold, Perry said more evidence from videos, clothing, and tips to police will convey what exactly happened to Soto.

Video included:

From the Past:

I remember this case,she was found in the attic in her grandmother 's house after it was searched several times. Grandmother's partner gave a very similar vibe to SS when interviewed including the pretend tears and eye wiping.

Yes.
Really sad they didn't find her sooner. Hopefully they'll find Maddie's cause of death because she was found fairly soon, Tia's couldn't be determined iirc but they suspected smothering?
Some here have suggested there was a possibility of Maddie being drugged - believe that's possible and likely, but smothering could be too? Particularly if he was attempting something in the early hours and Maddie started to fight back, SS appears to be a big guy and could have smothered her/crushed her with his body?
Suspect he will try and claim she died accidentally somehow though and then panicked. Or he just won't say anything. SMDH

moo

The case in Lover Stalker Killer, the recently released Netflix special, had the same kind of thing. A recovered memory card that had been in the killer's phone had a photograph that showed the victim's foot. Postmortem changes to the blood vessels visible in the photo were testified about in court. It was very important in that case, because the victim's body was never recovered, and for YEARS the killer had used emails, texts, and social media to convince everyone the victim was still alive.

MOO

Ugh, bad enough they murder someone, but then for years pretend the victim was still alive - incredibly cruel moo. (Will give that a watch though)
The detectives and forensics folk are amazing in these cases.

imo

Ugh, bad enough they murder someone, but then for years pretend the victim was still alive - incredibly cruel moo. (Will give that a watch though)
The detectives and forensics folk are amazing in these cases.

imo
It's a heck of a story. Very, very creepy. Don't spoil yourself any further before watching - a big part of the experience is not knowing what's coming.

Yeah, it was an incredible team effort of detective work. No body cases are always challenging.

But yeah, to swing this back on topic - if they could see enough detail, it is completely possible they could be certain enough to announce it publicly that Madeline was deceased in the footage. There is precedent, from the case I mentioned and the case another poster mentioned.

MOO

Case: 2024 CF 000643
Stephan Michael Sterns
DOB 4/25/1986

SEXUAL BATTERY VICTIM UNDER 12 YEAR (FAMILIAL)
This is the case that sets the time frame of under age 12 and falls under the new law for the death penalty. I suspect this case is where the forthcoming murder charge will land. JMO

Thank You @PayrollNerd.
1709769751083.png

If a Death Penalty Trial, then will his parents decide to fund a strong Defense Team? Can't pay off anybody in this case, but I think they will want to help him get out of this terrible trouble he's being accused of doing. cough cough

MOO, SS was perhaps a spoiled adult child allowed to live at home, sleeping all day, gaming like a teen, having no job but money to buy stuff, and being allowed to borrow the car. (Not to mention what he did with that car.)

1709771181684.png
Former chief judge explains next step in Madeline Soto case as evidence builds against prime suspect
Article Here:

Perry, who presided over the Casey Anthony case in 2011, said he saw similarities between this case and Anthony’s.

“Casey saying that the babysitter had her, and you have this person saying he dropped her off at school,” said Perry.

He also noted that both victims knew their prime suspects, both victims were children, and the prime suspect’s stories to police leading up to the discovery of bodies.

“He’s what I call the suto (pseudo) relative that was close to the child, that was in a familiar place with the child,” said Perry.

Perry said this case could play out for some time. He said law enforcement could let Sterns’ child sexual battery case play out, which would give them enough time to gather all the needed evidence to continue building their case.

“It’s really putting together a jigsaw puzzle piece by piece. And the police will build their case,” said Perry.

Perry said A trial could be two years away from indictment and that it would be hard for Sterns to post get or post bail.

“The state can file a motion for pre-trial detention or object for bail being sentenced. After all, he is a suspect in a homicide with strong evidence. Also, there is a great incentive for him if he is released, he’s facing murder in the first degree with the ultimate penalty being death. I doubt very seriously if any judge looking at the total factual situation protecting the community, a great risk of flight would grant this guy bail,” said Perry.

BBM/UBM

I just put my finger on another thing that bothered me about the mom's interviews, and that's this.

She shows little if any affection toward Maddie. The only personal details she provides about the child are about the ADHD/autism diagnosis in a negative context (she's very forgetful). She never says anything affectionately along the lines of, for example, Maddie loves to draw, or loved horses, or whatever the case may have been.

I just put my finger on another thing that bothered me about the mom's interviews, and that's this.

She shows little if any affection toward Maddie. The only personal details she provides about the child are about the ADHD/autism diagnosis in a negative context (she's very forgetful). She never says anything affectionately along the lines of, for example, Maddie loves to draw, or loved horses, or whatever the case may have been.
Yeah, I noticed that as well - didn't mention anything positive about her either - eg: really bright, fun loving, well loved by friends and family... nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vec416