Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People have asked this question and unless we got a more clear answer when I wasn't looking, people say it was maybe because she was working.

But if she was working from home for Disney on a Sunday night (I think) could she not have taken her laptop to where the party was? MOO.
I'm wondering why she wouldn't have planned the party for another day / time when she could have been there???

Just curious, does anyone here think Madeline's mom is innocent of any wrongdoing (aside from the inconsistent statement about seeing MS getting dressed at 8am) as it pertains to the ongoing SA or the death of Madeline?
I do. Inattentive, uninvolved, distracted? Probably. Complicit in her daughter's abuse and death? I just really do not get that feeling in this case.

This part was interesting "and while a license plate reader captured Sterns’ vehicle at some point, the details about where and when this happened were redacted from the report".
It's my belief that MSM has that wrong (that it was redacted). Unless I don't know what exactly redacted means and it could mean when they have an arrest warrant in History as being "redacted". Either way, @MassGuy posted SS's of both arrest warrants upthread. One was dated and signed 2/28 (2/29 on the court website) and has 2 charges. That's the one with the 8:10am license plate reader info in it. It's under the History tab. The one signed and dated 2/29, and (3/1 on the court website) which isn't under History, only has 1 charge, and it's written a bit differently. Changes can be seen by looking at the 2 docs side-by-side. MassGuy brought that up in his post.

As you can see, plate reader info wasn't redacted, it's just in a different doc. Here is MassGuy's post with the SS's and 2 slightly different arrest warrants:

Just curious, does anyone here think Madeline's mom is innocent of any wrongdoing (aside from the inconsistent statement about seeing MS getting dressed at 8am) as it pertains to the ongoing SA or the death of Madeline?
No, from the first interview I thought something was not right ,but I was not sure what.

I dont believe she participated in maddis death ( I just cant believe that) I think if anything, she has said some things that aren't true and is now deathly afraid, afraid to come clean? Her daughter just passed she probably cant even think. When the world is coming at you she probably feels like a cornered animal. Easy to say she must have known about the SA but there are many kids out there who havent disclosed and their parents havent noticed and not because they are negligent. For all we know SS could have told her " I know youre tired, you have a good sleep tonight and I'll take maddi to school" Maybe took an extra med? maybe given an extra med? she could have slept through it all. ( long shot I know) Just the story telling has got her in some hot water. To me she looks terrified especially in the second interview but that could be for so many reasons maybe she feels responsible in some way. Easy to make assumptions , but I havent seen or heard enough to make any judgements confidently.

Last edited:
Ok. In the "Gray Hughes discussion video" I linked to a few posts above, Gray Hughes is reading the docs and he confirms SS had a room in the apartment. He explains when the LE saw the images of the abuse on SS phone, there was sheets, clothing etc visible and at that same time, other members of LE were back at the Soto apartment and those LE were able to locate and confirm the same items in both SS room AND in MS room.

Edited to add this is around 45 minutes into the video. So we have proof from the docs and LE that SS had his own room and that he abused MS in his room and in hers, at minimum. :(

Edited to add a screenshot from the relevant portion courtesy of the docs @MassGuy shared upthread: Screen Shot 2024-03-10 at 3.33.47 PM.png

Last edited:
The only inconsistent statements it appears she has made is to the press. According to police reports and statements I've seen she hasn't made any inconsistent statements to the police, as far as we know. It's not illegal to make inconsistent statements to the press, there could be a litany of reasons of why she did, perhaps because she is guilty of something or perhaps she isn't guilty of anything. Anyone could run with it one way or the other. Imo.

Quoting myself, sorry.

Apparently, according to Josh, SS and JS were into some kinky …

Honestly disgusting to tell another man that detail.

Josh said that he figured that’s why SS was attracted to JS when asked by Gray why he thought SS was with JS.
Frankly I find this interview with Josh disgusting. Madeline can’t give consent or be ok with anything they were doing. Josh is disgusting for suggesting Madeline may have been okay with it. :mad:

Since you've brought this topic up again, curious what your thoughts are?

The only inconsistent statements it appears she has made is to the press. According to police reports and statements I've seen she hasn't made any inconsistent statements to the police, as far as we know. It's not illegal to make inconsistent statements to the press, there could be a litany of reasons of why she did, perhaps because she is guilty of something or perhaps she isn't guilty of anything. Anyone could run with it one way or the other. Imo.
According to reports obtained by this outlet and sources they have spoken to, JS lied about seeing her daughter that morning, and has made inconsistent statements.

I was thinking this as well! She's nervous as anyone would be, probably has not slept or slept well OR slept medicated and was foggy...and her inconsistencies weren't drastically different light night and day, etc. We are talking tight instances of time, within an hour.

Frankly I find this interview with Josh disgusting. Madeline can’t give consent or be ok with anything they were doing. Josh is disgusting for suggesting Madeline may have been okay with it. :mad:
Agree. He also seems to have some issues, and says some things that are not OK. I'm hoping he did a poor job of trying to explain he felt she was groomed, but then he also went on to try and paint SS as grieving, which just...no words. Face up to the fact that your friend is a monster and be grateful your own kids hopefully were never harmed by him.

According to reports obtained by this outlet and sources they have spoken to, JS lied about seeing her daughter that morning, and has made inconsistent statements.

I see where they say they obtained reports but they're not provided? I choose to reserve my judgement for what the police say directly not what unnamed sources or unlinked reports say. Just me.
Also, I'm not convinced that she didn't make inconsistent statements, I would just like to see the official reports or hear official statements from the investigators. After all, she hasn't been charged with making these alleged inconsistent statements... Yet. Not to say she will or she won't. Omo.

I was thinking this as well! She's nervous as anyone would be, probably has not slept or slept well OR slept medicated and was foggy...and her inconsistencies weren't drastically different light night and day, etc. We are talking tight instances of time, within an hour.
Great point!!!

ITA. Also noting that most of the accusations he levels at the other poster are true of himself. Almost like it's his own inner dialogue. Personally, I see a lot of things about SS that scream psychopath to me. Particularly that he doesn't seem to care who he is as a human being or what he does with his life but does seem to try to control how OTHERS view him. I see him attempting to control narratives a lot, whether in those threads, or in the interviews. I see that no matter what is being discussed, it always comes back to him and stroking his own ego. While I don't completely discount the friends accounts of him on the GH vids, I keep my thoughts in check to remember that SS controlled those narratives as well, only telling the friends what he wanted them to believe. So grain of salt on those for me. We don't know how long SS and JS have been together, whether there were breaks in the relationship, or what the living arrangements might be, and I doubt either "Frank" or the other guy ever got a real story about it all either. I see a man who didn't let people into his life on any real level because then he lost control of the narrative and his ability to manipulate, gaslight, or other wise gain empathy or favors from others.
One thing that stands out to me very greatly is that we have yet to see ANY other woman come forward to say they went on a date with him or had a relationship with him etc. I find that odd and telling about him. edited by me for spelling/grammar.
I think he’s a pathological narcissist.

Now if indeed he is a psychopath as you believe, then being a narcissist he is as well. And has Machiavellism too. Aka The Dark Triad.

For short, we could just call him a “Cluster B Milkshake”.

moo ymmv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member