Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If MS died somewhere public though, like a hotel, given all of the publicity in this case, doesn't it seem likely a hotel desk clerk or someone would have come forward saying they saw SS, at minimum, if not SS and MS?

And wouldn't there have likely been some kind of camera footage as well? That would seem pretty damning. I usually follow the really old cases here on Websleuths, but I know from just watching the news there have been other terrible guys like SS caught because they were carrying kids in/out of hotels on camera.

I understand why people are mulling over this as a theory, but it doesn't seem especially likely.

It may be possible MS died in another residence though.

I don't feel we're especially clear as to where SS, JS and MS were following the birthday party.

We know SS was on camera several times doing various things Monday morning, and MS was also on camera, most likely already deceased around 8:19 am. We know SS had the flat tire and was seen by someone (alone) around apparently changing the flat 1:30 pm by a shipping container right across from the area MS remains were found. (per recent Gray Hughes vids.)

We have no idea where JS was until she went to the school to go get MS, or really until she was in contact with LE. Everything she says about her whereabouts and timelines is from her own statements AFAIK.
I remember police searching a low key hotel the day, or the day after they found Maddie.
Always wondered if it had anything to do with the case.
I’ll try to find the video.

Full transparency- no idea what the update is on this story in the link.
Could be total coincidence.

Last edited:
I remember police searching a low key hotel the day, or the day after they found Maddie.
Always wondered if it had anything to do with the case.
I’ll try to find the video.

Full transparency- no idea what the update is on this story in the link.
Could be total coincidence.
Good catch!

I thought that was blood initially, but looks like a red hose when viewed from above and water, perhaps?

Could be anything though given how much traffic in the general activity--i.e. drugs etc. When the guy who was interviewed mentioned gunshots, that makes me less likely to think it was MS directly. Even though we know SS liked guns, if he shot her somewhere, wouldn't that be kind of messy to then drive her body around propped up in his father's car? I'm not really sure, but would think a gunshot victim would appear different than someone who was deceased from drugs, lack of air, etc? Maybe not?

Good catch!

I thought that was blood initially, but looks like a red hose when viewed from above and water, perhaps?

Could be anything though given how much traffic in the general activity--i.e. drugs etc. When the guy who was interviewed mentioned gunshots, that makes me less likely to think it was MS directly. Even though we know SS liked guns, if he shot her somewhere, wouldn't that be kind of messy to then drive her body around propped up in his father's car? I'm not really sure, but would think a gunshot victim would appear different than someone who was deceased from drugs, lack of air, etc? Maybe not?

2 injured in shooting at Knights Inn in Kissimmee: Deputies​

On the potential suicide question, I wanted to be sure because I know by some definitions suicide is considered homicide, but: the medical examiner with jurisdiction considers suicide and homicide to be separate, so in saying the manner of death is homicide that means it was not a suicide.

I was looking for a nice list of possible manners of death like some other coroners’ offices have, but that would be too easy. Regardless, Florida certificates of death list the following possible manners of death: natural, accident, suicide, homicide, pending investigation, undetermined
Did I miss where they ruled it a homicide? I know LE said they were treating it as a homicide investigation but I hadn’t heard anything from an ME.

2 injured in shooting at Knights Inn in Kissimmee: Deputies​

This incidence is about 10 days after Maddy was killed.

"The shooting happened on March 7 at 4651 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway where deputies found two people shot."

This is whats confusing to me: when he says at 8:19 we have evidence that shows stephan sterns "returning" to the complex and madeline was visible in that vehicle, we believe she was already dead at that time" ( the first 10 seconds)
its our belief she was killed in Kissimee.
"Did she leave the house on her own"

Where were any of them between 7:35 and 8:19 when he is (returning ?) to the complex with her visible in the car? Why returning and Returning from where?

Mina doesn’t say that though. If you listen to his answer, he says “we believed she died in Kissimmee “.
The author of the article infers Mina is saying that.
He very well may be, but he doesn’t actually says “home”.
That is correct. But to be clear, the question asked was if it "was their belief that she was killed at the house", which is a very direct question, to which Mina replied:

"It’s our belief that she was killed in Kissimmee, and that he moved her body, and that’s why the Kissimmee Police Department is the lead investigators now."

Vid starting about that point:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member