Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m relatively new to posting and need to know if you can search for posts you saw early on, or if you have to go back to the beginning and go through them one by one.
Welcome. If you are on a laptop you can search using the search feature at the top right of the forum page. select "this thread" and type a keyword(s) to find posts about specific topics within this thread. If you are looking for posts made by a specific member in this thread you may search that way as well. good luck.

If using a phone and a tapatalk type feature I am not sure how as I don't use that app but I believe you can also search if using the app.

I wonder if she was assaulted/ hurt during the night, passed away and they didn't realize until the next morning. It would make sense to discard the backpack and to have Maddie in the vehicle in the morning if they just realized she was dead.

I heard someone suggest a reason for dumping it in the apt complex garbage was in case it had some sort of GPS tracker on it.( I dont know how that would work if it was off tho)
I think the person replying meant that the OP's theory wouldn't fit about Maddie suddenly being killed in the car b/c SS dumping her school stuff in advance would have meant she was either already dead or he was planning in advance to kill her.

Not liking the fact I have a reason to ponder about things like this, but:

If she was really dead by 8:19 AM-ish then I think that means she died in the night (which includes the early morning hours like 2 AM) or the evening prior. I say this because, while I know predators don’t think in the same way normal human beings do, I can’t see the usual “wake up for school” hours (6AM-8AM) being the peak time a predator would choose to engage in predatory activities.

This is of course working off what I think is the most commonly accepted theory: her death was related in some way to the predatory activities that unfortunately occurred frequently (instead of falling down the stairs in an accident, for example). MOO.

Welcome. If you are on a laptop you can search using the search feature at the top right of the forum page. select "this thread" and type a keyword(s) to find posts about specific topics within this thread. If you are looking for posts made by a specific member in this thread you may search that way as well. good luck.

If using a phone and a tapatalk type feature I am not sure how as I don't use that app but I believe you can also search if using the app.
Thanks. I’m on an iPad, but I’ll see if that works on it.

The aunt was merely told what was on the video, and I don’t believe she saw it herself. It then appears that mom jumped all over this, and behaved as if it was definitely Maddie on video. This was then repeated by the media, making it sound like fact.

I think it was just a coincidence, and not any effort to mislead on the part of the aunt. JS and SS just took advantage of it.
JS ran with the video as if it were fact but when asked if LE showed it to her, JS said no, no one saw the CCTV, LE relayed to her sister what they saw. I dont recall the aunt mentioning it.

if it had any potential value, that image would have been sent out to all of the media and if anything else besides the grainy image of a girl was caught on video, the public would have been asked to call if they had something they thought LE should know.

IMO, they knew right away it wasnt her, probably something as simple as the time even allowing time before he said he dropped her off or a little later. or of course, there was no image of a person all alone, childlike or otherwise captured on that video.

Snipped for focus. Thank you so much for posting that video again!

If JS and SS made up the video story out of whole cloth, that was really stupid. LE would know at some point no such video existed.
I think it is likely LE went to the church and asked for video - and found there *was* a video. But they weren't able to confirm if it was Maddie on that video at that time. I think when they realized they had video of an already dead Maddie in his car at 8:20 - they realized it could *not* be Maddie in the video at the church (time stamp of the video would probably help them to confirm this imo - especially if the time stamp is anytime after 8:19am (and I believe he said he dropped her at 8:40am but MOO since I haven't a link handy).

Did we ever hear what time the grainy video was at? I'd be curious to know because I'm starting to wonder if mom did a walk outside that parking lot attempting to pretend she was her daughter about the be snatched. I'm partly wondering this because police wouldn't show mom the video (or anyone else apparently). They apparently told the aunt what they saw in the video and that was relayed back to mom. Link to the interview where in mom says this is at end of post.

ALSO:

"It was seen on video footage that she hung out in the parking lot of the church for a few minutes and then got up and walked towards the school, but she never made it that walk and that was around 9am that she got up, she never made it school after that. Its *right* next to the school, I don't know why she didn't make it. I don't know if something happened on her walk along the way or she got taken, but she never made it".

Also what just struck me? Mom does this entire interview and says "once upon a time we had her diagnosed with austim..." - how much of mom's life is once upon a time?

Mom talks about people going to the airport, the greyhound, amtrack with flyers, just to get her face out there - mom on this interview? Does not even have a photo in hand of her daughter. Doesn't say her height, eye color, hair color, nothing.

Madeline Soto missing: Jenn Soto, Maddie's mom, talks daughter's disappearance (full interview)

Last edited:
If she was really dead by 8:19 AM-ish then I think that means she died in the night (which includes the early morning hours like 2 AM) or the evening prior. I say this because, while I know predators don’t think in the same way normal human beings do, I can’t see the usual “wake up for school” hours (6AM-8AM) being the peak time a predator would choose to engage in predatory activities.
I would actually not rule the morning option out (link):
Sexual assaults on children are most likely to occur at 8 a.m., noon and 3-4 p.m. For older children, ages 12-17, there is also a peak in assaults in the late evening hours (Snyder, 2000).

Is this an IMO post? Has JS now been charged as a conspirator?

These threads are moving so quickly that I'm finding it hard to keep up, but I'm not seeing much in MSM about JS at this point.

Hard to believe this level of enmeshment given the alleged on-again/ off-again nature of the SS/JS relationship and the absence of some usual triggers in cases we've seen, but sadly anything seems possible at this point.
It is indeed an IMO post. I don't have much sympathy in this case for anyone aside Maddie and extended family / friends. To my knowledge she has not yet been charged in any wrong doing. It remains to be seen if she will be. Even if she isn't, it is my OPINION that she hardcore FAILED to protect this child from SS.

Did we ever hear what time the grainy video was at? I'd be curious to know because I'm starting to wonder if mom did a walk outside that parking lot attempting to pretend she was her daughter about the be snatched. I'm partly wondering this because police wouldn't show mom the video (or anyone else apparently). They apparently told the aunt what they saw in the video and that was relayed back to mom.
I'm pretty sure that would've been determined pretty quickly (and JS would have already caught some kind of charge by now) because I think JS and MS vary in size, and also have different hair colors...

Question: weren’t we told that Madeline died in the house or was just the city mentioned? I’m getting confused!

(This is all an opinion/my own thoughts, not facts.)

COULD it be possible that JS and SS were desperate for money and SS convinced JS that that sweet girl Maddie was their meal ticket? I’m not convinced that SS would “share” her, though, so I’m wondering more about selling photos/videos. As a mom it’s so hard for me to even try to think that way, but we all know worse things have gone on with the mother knowing/accepting it. My question about THAT, however is: when did she stop caring about her baby girl and protecting her at all costs? The photos I’ve seen show a little girl who appeared to be wholly loved BY HER MOM at some point. Even her employment history appears to have gaps that one could assume were related to raising Maddie.

It all just breaks my heart.

I wonder if she was assaulted/ hurt during the night, passed away and they didn't realize until the next morning. It would make sense to discard the backpack and to have Maddie in the vehicle in the morning if they just realized she was dead.
I think it's quite possible that the reason he hurt/killed Maddie may have been that she was finally able to get the courage to speak up and let him know she was going to tell her Mom. He makes me sick.

I think it's quite possible that the reason he hurt/killed Maddie may have been that she was finally able to get the courage to speak up and let him know she was going to tell her Mom. He makes me sick.
I think mom already knew, but that’s a possibility for sure. I say this because if mom didn’t know, then there’s less reason to help him cover this up, which it seems very likely she did.

Personally, I think he was angry about something already, she said no, and he killed her in a rage.

I think mom already knew, but that’s a possibility for sure. I say this because if mom didn’t know, then there’s less reason to help him cover this up, which it seems very likely she did.

Personally, I think he was angry about something already, she said no, and he killed her in a rage.
Mom may have already known or at least suspected, but I can imagine a scenario in which she says she's going to tell her dad, maybe even tell her dad she wants to come and live with him and the stepmom. That could certainly trigger him into doing something in a rage. IMO, MOO, etc., etc.

I also think Mom knew, she seems to be covering for him. No reason to cover unless you're guilty of something. If he murdered her in a rage and mom didn't know about the SA she would have immediately called LE, or told them at the first opportunity when she got away from SS.

Or as SS returned back to the house via the school area where he was seen on camera, he saw someone walking the direction of the school that might be able to be used as "cover?"

Then he possibly fit the alleged (nearly an hour early) drop off time around that (fake) "Maddie" heading toward the school appropriately, just in case of video footage and as "proof" he dropped her off to shore up his cover story.
Depends what time the license plate scanner got his car driving away from the area of the school, and what time the video (if it actually does exist) was captured at the church I guess?

Mom may have already known or at least suspected, but I can imagine a scenario in which she says she's going to tell her dad, maybe even tell her dad she wants to come and live with him and the stepmom. That could certainly trigger him into doing something in a rage. IMO, MOO, etc., etc.
Yup, or tell a teacher or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member