Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How long does it take to get DNA results back?
I wonder if they were able to get his DNA before they locked him up… should they need to match it with any evidence found on Maddie or during autopsy.
Could they not just get his DNA from inside the house or the car? Would they need a warrant to get it from either of these places?

If she was credible and realised that her televised interviews and public viewable police statements appeared to show inconsistencies,wouldn't she be keen to clear up any doubts and misconceptions . If she was made to say things under duress or realised in retrospect she could have been drugged and misled by SS would she not be bending over backwards to clear her name.
If I’m innocent and realized that my interviews and statements appeared to show inconsistencies, I’d hire a lawyer and do whatever they tell me to do. We don’t know if she has a lawyer who is telling her to shut up, but lawyers very often beg their clients to stop talking.

I’m actually inclined to think if she does have a lawyer, the lawyer isn’t telling her to keep quiet. Chief Holland specified that SS has lawyered up and is not saying anything and is uncooperative. She also said that SS is the only person not cooperating. So it follows that if LE was trying to speak to JS and JS was not talking to LE at her attorney’s advice, Chief Holland would have considered that to be not cooperating.

They said everyone they have interviewed is a suspect until they aren’t and they’ve interviewed everyone close to Madeline. I imagine this means a lot of work for the police.
Isn't this quite unusual? I cannot recall another case where it has been stated every one interviewed has been a suspect until cleared.

Do we know if FDLE in Orlando is assisting with this case at all? I trust and believe that KPD is working very hard on this, and that there is a LOT going on behind the scenes. Every bit of additional resources would be beneficial, though, right?

Isn't this quite unusual? I cannot recall another case where it has been stated every one interviewed has been a suspect until cleared.
I have heard that phrase used before, but here we know it’s true due to mom’s massive lie about when she last saw Maddie.

So we know she committed a crime, and they could certainly move on that if they wanted to. They’re looking at way more than that through.

I have heard that phrase used before, but here we know it’s true due to mom’s massive lie about when she last saw Maddie.

So we know she committed a crime, and they could certainly move on that if they wanted to. They’re looking at way more than that through.
I know it is true for mum, but they seem to be including all those close to Madeline who have been interviewed. Or are they saying everyone so they do not specifically have to say they are only treating mum as a suspect ?

I know it is true for mum, but they seem to be including all those close to Madeline who have been interviewed. Or are they saying everyone so they do not specifically have to say they are only treating mum as a suspect ?
I’m convinced it’s the last part, they want to be as general as possible so as not to directly implicate mom.

Sadly I agree with what you're saying. I say sadly because I honestly don't want the mom to be involved in any way... it's just so depressing to think about.

I do remember the PD Chief saying something like - ''we are still trying to figure out the timeline for that'' - when asked about how long the relationship between SS and JS was. Wouldn't JS have given that info during her one interview? :(
Honestly, I have more questions now because of this presser. imo.
Yes, that jumped out at me....the timeframe of JS and SS's relationship and being evasive. the charges enumerated against SS clearly identify a timeframe where he had access to Madeline via JS. Chief also confined those charges to Madeline's home. its possible she didnt want to confirm a specific timeframe because there could possibly be alot of relationship issues she didnt want to get into.

It was interesting to me how they would not even give a general timeline for the relationship. This seems the sort of thing you could give a non-answer to, or even answer directly, something like"We believe it to be around _ years."

Maybe more charges are coming with dates that correspond to the very beginning of this relationship? :(

Poor MS.

I was typing and listening and did note I paraphrased and shortened. So mileage may vary. I think she did give original police an interview as she signed a sworn statement. But I don’t know if she cooperated since then. Or if she lawyered up. Police today did not say.
IMO, the sworn statement was as to her 'missing' and not related to what is termed as 'cooperated by being interviewed'. IMO, she was called in for an interview after they discovered what was on SS's phone. (but MAYBE didnt tell her exactly what they found)...and attempted to obtain additional information from her. I think from that point on, she obtained a lawyer or might have had one for that interview.

It was interesting to me how they would not even give a general timeline for the relationship. This seems the sort of thing you could give a non-answer to, or even answer directly, something like"We believe it to be around _ years."

Maybe more charges are coming with dates that correspond to the very beginning of this relationship? :(

Poor MS.
Especially because if they’re talking to mom, surely that would be an easy answer, unless she’s still giving inconsistent statements or they simply have evidence that implies a time period other than what she is saying.

Poor MS.
I agree,especially as they have not been able to give any other information. I would have thought that they would be pleased to have a question they could actually answer.

WHAT WAS THAT NONSENSE?
The Chief started off with saying Maddie was reported missing on Monday Feb 26th... "just one day after her 13th birthday"

NOPE. NOPE. NOPE.
Her real birthday is Feb 22nd.
Her party at Grandma's/ Aunt's was held on the 25th.

I'm sorry I know that's a small detail but... to me, it matters. It speaks to how detailed the KPD are bring about this case and how much the chief knows about Maddie. Remember the chief of Moscow Idaho? He knew his case inside and out. I understand she's the chief and not one of the detectives working the case but this to me rings as careless and sloppy, period.

Last edited:
WHAT WAS THAT NONSENSE?
The Chief started off with saying Maddie was reported missing on Monday Feb 26th... "just one day after her 13th birthday"

NOPE. NOPE. NOPE.
Her party at Grandma's/ Aunt's was held on the 26th.

I'm sorry I know that's a small detail but... to me, it matters. It speaks to how detailed the KPD are bring about this case and how much the chief knows about Maddie. Remember the chief of Moscow Idaho? He knew this case inside and out.
I’d be concerned if that was a detective behind the podium, but she’s not conducting the investigation, and it’s not going to be reflective of the ones who are.

WHAT WAS THAT NONSENSE?

NOPE. NOPE. NOPE.
Her party at Grandma's/ Aunt's was held on the 25th.

I'm sorry I know that's a small detail but... to me, it matters. It speaks to how detailed the KPD are bring about this case and how much the chief knows about Maddie. Remember the chief of Moscow Idaho? He knew this case inside and out.
I had forgotten about that and I'm so glad that you mentioned it! At the very least, have your facts straight about the victim.
The whole presser was just "off" to me.

Poor MS.
I think they may have been friends first perhaps online? It’s possible the abuse of Maddie began long before he was even living with them. And then it may be a question of whether abuse happened online eg; over video calls etc. there may be a lot to unravel.

If I’m innocent and realized that my interviews and statements appeared to show inconsistencies, I’d hire a lawyer and do whatever they tell me to do. We don’t know if she has a lawyer who is telling her to shut up, but lawyers very often beg their clients to stop talking.

I’m actually inclined to think if she does have a lawyer, the lawyer isn’t telling her to keep quiet. Chief Holland specified that SS has lawyered up and is not saying anything and is uncooperative. She also said that SS is the only person not cooperating. So it follows that if LE was trying to speak to JS and JS was not talking to LE at her attorney’s advice, Chief Holland would have considered that to be not cooperating.
well said regarding an attorney. IMO, Chief H was evasive but I have a few theories why as many do.

Chief H did say this: the mother has cooperated, she did give us an interview (not plural and used past tense).

IMO, in a case such as this, its not a one and done interaction with mom/LE who is attempting to resolve the death of her child. (and sexual abuse). it should be ongoing as information comes to them that may provoke additional questions that need answers. I apologize if I am picking words apart, but the manner in which Chief H answered the question, leaves it open to interpretation...IOW, she did not say anything about JS being currently front and center assisting LE.

she did say, "our detectives are dedicated to pursuing every lead, uncovering every fact and holding those responsible accountable". she also said they are 'working with the state's attorney's office to ensure every piece of evidence is revealed and uncovered'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jangelyn