Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
well said regarding an attorney. IMO, Chief H was evasive but I have a few theories why as many do.

Chief H did say this: the mother has cooperated, she did give us an interview (not plural and used past tense).

IMO, in a case such as this, its not a one and done interaction with mom/LE who is attempting to resolve the death of her child. (and sexual abuse). it should be ongoing as information comes to them that may provoke additional questions that need answers. I apologize if I am picking words apart, but the manner in which Chief H answered the question, leaves it open to interpretation...IOW, she did not say anything about JS being currently front and center assisting LE.

she did say, "our detectives are dedicated to pursuing every lead, uncovering every fact and holding those responsible accountable". she also said they are 'working with the state's attorney's office to ensure every piece of evidence is revealed and uncovered'.
I did think her using past tense and saying interview in the singular, said much.

I wish she was asked when any detective last spoke with mum.

I wish they asked that, and if it was true that mom's story didn't line up.
I almost feel like the reporters (having well over 24 hrs to prepare) were expecting much bigger news and were stunned by the lack of info… which caused them to use less complex questions and 1/3 of those were just a waste.

I almost feel like the reporters (having well over 24 hrs to prepare) were expecting much bigger news and were stunned by the lack of info… which caused them to use less complex questions and 1/3 of those were just a waste.
Sadly, I think you're right. The consensus seemed to be that major information was coming, to potentially include murder charges. It's shocking that the chief there had no ability to read the room in that regard, and didn't do anything ahead of time to temper expectations.

I wish they asked that, and if it was true that mom's story didn't line up.
if mom says she had no idea he was sexually abusing her daughter, evidence needs to be obtained substantiating she did know. if no evidence, what then? possibly others who did not report suspicions but did alert her and she too did nothing. what then...its suspicions not acted on. which Chief H made a point to bring up, suspicions shouldnt be ignored.

then there is the second huge component, her death. was mom involved directly with her death? if not, did mom assist him in a coverup? they require evidence of that. do they have it? LE is not saying.

heavy sigh...just a wait and see if a case is truly being compiled against any other person for the abuse she suffered and ultimately her death.

Sadly, I think you're right. The consensus seemed to be that major information was coming, to potentially include murder charges. It's shocking that the chief there had no ability to read the room in that regard, and didn't do anything ahead of time to temper expectations.
100%.
What were they trying to cause by this presser?
1. No way was it to notify the public that the fam (esp JS) were victims in all this and not suspects.
2. It certainly wasn’t to calm the speculation and public ridicule.
3. And it most definitely wasn’t to provide clarity.

They had two buckets to take to this fire. They chose the one with gasoline instead of water to pour onto it.

Either they are that dense, or this presser was calculated and with purpose (cost/benefit analysis).

Could it be that they were actually going to give some major information and something happened ,maybe a legal intervention ,which prevented them from divulging it.

Last edited:
What were they trying to cause by this presser?
1. No way was it to notify the public that the fam (esp JS) were victims in all this and not suspects.
2. It certainly wasn’t to calm the speculation and public ridicule.
3. And it most definitely wasn’t to provide clarity.

They had two buckets to take to this fire. They chose the one with gasoline instead of water to pour onto it.

Either they are that dense, or this presser was calculated and with purpose (cost/benefit analysis).

Drugged at or near the time of death, but also for signs of chronic drugging. Perhaps her hair will have its own harrowing story to tell.

My thoughts moo…
If she has been drugged over time (remember they have so many videos where it may look like she’s unconscious) and mom is her custodial parent with 100% custody, and she’s not noticing signs of her daughter being drugged?

Also there are text messages. Maybe her friends have texted her and said there is something going on . And she’s denying it, and not limiting access? There is the kid who made the statement that they knew. This was so egregious. This wasn’t once with an older teen, this was half a decade.

I think it also might have been suicide but could both JS and SS be responsible for this? Lack of supervision and accountability.

Anything is possible.

Moo

Also adding grandma seems to have strong opinions. I would NOT be surprised if the family turns on eachother. If it comes out that people saw signs and told JS and she helped him cover this up… it’s pretty bad
When Chief Holland spoke at the end about reporting abuse to LE, I wondered if she was also still speaking in reference to this case, and not just generally.

if mom says she had no idea he was sexually abusing her daughter, evidence needs to be obtained substantiating she did know. if no evidence, what then? possibly others who did not report suspicions but did alert her and she too did nothing. what then...its suspicions not acted on. which Chief H made a point to bring up, suspicions shouldnt be ignored.

then there is the second huge component, her death. was mom involved directly with her death? if not, did mom assist him in a coverup? they require evidence of that. do they have it? LE is not saying.

heavy sigh...just a wait and see if a case is truly being compiled against any other person for the abuse she suffered and ultimately her death.

There is also the horrible possibility that his final act of abuse resulted directly in her death.

I hate to even say something like this, but SS is depraved. We have no knowledge of exactly what he was doing to the poor child. (Thankfully. As what we do know is bad enough.) :(

It almost seemed like the kind of presser they hold just to get clips in the news. Maybe to get people to put pressure on anyone involved/with knowledge to say more? JMO, etc.
I wondered if they were using that to scare someone else into coming forward - but not necessarily *her* family. I wondered if they're looking at people close to SS (friends / family / gross associates)....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member