Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Rummaged” (may have been rummaging, don’t quote me) a word he used TWICE when asked what he did after he dropped her off. He repeated the story - almost verbatim. When I think Le were asking where he went after the drop off.
~3 min into the 2/27 LE interview:

And I turned around and was driving away and was watching her in my rear-view mirror to make sure that she was going where she was supposed to go, and she was moving in that direction, but she was rummaging around in her backpack for something, what I assumed was probably headphones, or something like that, but, I find out later she forgot her phone here so, she may be rummaging for her phone. Uhm, but she was still kinda making her way towards, towards that direction, so it looked OK, it looked like any other day. And I just continued on.

~120 min in:

LE – And then after you dropped her off, what did you do?

SS – [loud exclamation of breath] Uh. Stayed, talked to her for a minute, and told her, made sure, you know, is it alright you’re going early cuz it was still early. Uhm, she said “Yeah, that’s fine. I’m gonna hang out and wait for my friends to get there” which she does sometimes, so it didn’t, it didn’t sound outrageous or anything. Uhm, and that was it. Told her to have a good day, and I loved her, she told me she loved me too, and I turned around to leave, and, I was watching her in my rearview mirror and it looked like she was walking in the right direction, she was rummaging in her bag a little bit, like I said, but still sorta just shambling in the right direction while she was doing it. So it looked, it looked normal, it looked OK.

GEMMIE’S NOTE – What did her friends have to say about this? Were they really supposed to meet at that spot that early on that particular day?

I know we beat this to death but:
this interview is on the 27th and the lady LE says she noticed he didnt have any calls before this morning.( 27th)
he said he did a factory reset yesterday morning ( 26th)
So he did it the day before? where are all the calls from the night she went missing? He should have a whole day full of calls on that phone.
If the female LE was asking on the 27 if it was normal to not have anything on his phone "before this morning" (the day after Maddie goes missing)... then he must have "accidentally reset" his phone Monday evening (the day Maddie is reporting missing).

LE –OK. And then I also noticed… I was checking your call history. I noticed that you don’t have anything before this morning. Is that usual on your phone?

SS – Uh… No. It’s-it’s a new phone I erm stupid, I went to do an update yesterday morning, uhm, and I don’t know what the F (spelled out), pardon me, uhm, I don’t know what the heck I did but somehow during the massive OS update I managed to factory reset my phone and lose all of my contacts, all my information.

If this interview was Feb 27, then he is referring to “yesterday morning” February 26th. So he was hanging out with JS February 26th morning ? She wasn’t sleeping in?
Of course. She lied about seeing her getting dressed. No wonder he had to dispose of Madeline. Can't see Jen being able lift Madeline,and move her around. MOO

I was going to say a long time ago, regarding JS saying she saw Maddy "getting dressed," which I think SS also said at one point:

To defend JS for just a few seconds, I thought the "I saw her getting dressed" could've been a case of semantics. To preface my example: I'm the oldest of several and was responsible for carting the youngin's to school when I got my first car. I helped mom make sure everyone was ready when I was done myself. I also did this when we had to ride the bus. Can't be late, after all. They still made me late all the time, lol.

If I saw my siblings in PJs one minute and then dressed for school the next, maybe even saw them switch outfits to get mom's approval, brushing their teeth, combing hair, etc., I might say, "Yes, I saw my brother getting dressed this morning!" if asked. Did I literally see him change out of his PJs, possibly be "stark nekkid" or in underwear (as older relatives would say), and into day clothes? No, but my saying I saw him "getting dressed" is technically not wrong. It would definitely make more sense to say, "I saw him getting ready for school this morning," but there we go: it's semantics. People use words and phrases interchangeably all the time, not realizing how it could be interpreted differently later on.

Of course, none of this ultimately matters. Whether JS meant that she literally saw change clothes or just "getting ready," it appears she lied about that (for whatever reason). But, I thought I'd throw this out there for posterity anyway.

It's always good to keep semantics in mind when analyzing statements. MOO.

I was going to say a long time ago, regarding JS saying she saw Maddy "getting dressed," which I think SS also said at one point:

To defend JS for just a few seconds, I thought the "I saw her getting dressed" could've been a case of semantics. To preface my example: I'm the oldest of several and was responsible for carting the youngin's to school when I got my first car. I helped mom make sure everyone was ready when I was done myself. I also did this when we had to ride the bus. Can't be late, after all. They still made me late all the time, lol.

If I saw my siblings in PJs one minute and then dressed for school the next, maybe even saw them switch outfits to get mom's approval, brushing their teeth, combing hair, etc., I might say, "Yes, I saw my brother getting dressed this morning!" if asked. Did I literally see him change out of his PJs, possibly be "stark nekkid" or in underwear (as older relatives would say), and into day clothes? No, but my saying I saw him "getting dressed" is technically not wrong. It would definitely make more sense to say, "I saw him getting ready for school this morning," but there we go: it's semantics. People use words and phrases interchangeably all the time, not realizing how it could be interpreted differently later on.

Of course, none of this ultimately matters. Whether JS meant that she literally saw change clothes or just "getting ready," it appears she lied about that (for whatever reason). But, I thought I'd throw this out there for posterity anyway.

Well said. I, also gave JS the benefit of doubt, with her less detailed statement. As I've experienced with employees and teenagers, it takes detailed questions to funnel down to the exact details. That's LEs job and I don't see reporters taking this to task.

I'm a detail person, broad comments drive me crazy, and leaves the door open for much speculation.

Yea, JS was involved in covering for SS, moo.

I’d agree. When I first read the incident report(linked below hopefully correctly) and the word used in it is “observed” my initial thought was if JS heard the “normal” routine going on that am. I know in my house I can tell you who is in the shower by what time it is.

Incident report from Orange County Sheriff’s Department​

The incident report shared by WFTV on March 5 (~1:30 into this video):
View attachment 489549

Transcribed by me:

Well, except she saw her getting dressed for school around 08:00. It was much more specific with the time than just getting ready IMO.

My only nitpick is that the incident report is that it is the LE officers interpretation of the events and conversation with JS. We don’t know exactly what LE asked and exactly what JS responded. (IIRC) The officer isn’t directly quoting her (not using “” ) so IMO we cant really study the words she used.

If JS did in fact write in her sworn written statement (which IIRC you write yourself with a pen and paper) that specific sentence about “observing MS getting dressed” then the window of misunderstanding/misinterpretation is very slim IMO.

If Maddy's murder was premeditated (swapped cars), then the manner of her death would have been premeditated too. Rumor has it was blunt force trauma. Why that manner? Minimal expected blood for one reason. If all three sleep in the same bed, and Jenn is clueless, then the scenario I see is: SS and Maddy watching Sister Act in the tv room while Jenn went to bed (drugged). Maddy was probably drugged and asleep too, so she wouldn't make noise when he hit her in the head with a hammer or something. SS staying up all night to hide evidence and clean stuff, dressing Maddy as if she were going to school, and planning to dump the body. If Jenn believes she saw Maddy getting dressed, then maybe she saw Maddy's body from her bed through the doorway, unless that view is a hallway or something. Jenn was guessing at the time, so it could have been 7:00 am or 7:30 am.

My only nitpick is that the incident report is that it is the LE officers interpretation of the events and conversation with JS. We don’t know exactly what LE asked and exactly what JS responded. (IIRC) The officer isn’t directly quoting her (not using “” ) so IMO we cant really study the words she used.

If JS did in fact write in her sworn written statement (which IIRC you write yourself with a pen and paper) that specific sentence about “observing MS getting dressed” then the window of misunderstanding/misinterpretation is very slim IMO.
Then there's "We took her to school" NOPE NOPE NOPE. Then her not going inside the school to see why she wasn't there. There is zero reason to lie when your own child is missing. MOO

Then there's "We took her to school" NOPE NOPE NOPE. Then her not going inside the school to see why she wasn't there. There is zero reason to lie when your own child is missing. MOO
Except when you are involved in some way, which is my opinion about the sitch. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. It's been dangling for a while now. Gravity will overcome! Justice for Maddie!!

1717000833450.png

Source

Which is another thing that people close to JS (sister and mother) could speak to - if it is out of character for JS to use that adaptation of the “royal we”. If JS has never used any variation of “royal we” before, than that obviously says a lot.

^^rsbm

Unless JS reported that "she saw" Madeline getting dressed for school during an MSM recorded interview, I don't think we know exactly the words JS used in her statement to Police.

In Orange County's Deputy Joseph (10644) incident report, he wrote "...Feb 26, 2023 at approximately 0800 hours, Jennifer observed (missing) Madeline Soto getting dressed for school..." [emphasis added by me].

The year stated in the report as 2023 was in error by Deputy Joseph.

In police work, observation means perception of details pertaining to persons, objects, plans, and events, through the use of the five senses (sight and hearing are relied upon most often but the senses of taste, smell, and touch may occasionally be used advantageously).

An investigator makes descriptions to convey to others his or her own observations or the observations of witnesses as reported to the investigator.

In other words, for example, JS may have told Deputy Joseph she heard MS in the shower or smelled her shampoo, and saw SS grab her green sweater from the closet, which could all be perceived as Jennifer observing Madeline getting dressed for school. MOO

IMO? He's lying.

A note I took years ago from The Gift of Fear by Gavin de Becker - TOO MANY DETAILS – When people are telling the truth they don’t feel they need to elaborate on their story with ‘too many details’.
I understand that but, my husband, daughter, and I go into minute details. We usually need wings to get to the point. Although, our stories never deviate by adding or changing details.

This article is infuriating to me regarding JS (bolding is mine).
When asked if it was normal that Stephan and Madeline would sleep together without her being there, she said yes, statements say.

"(Jennifer Soto) stated if she needed a good night sleep due to her anxiety, she would ask them (Stephan and Madeline) to sleep in a different bedroom."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper