Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she was gonna spill, I don’t know why she would have let her aunt take her home before doing so? I have wondered if MS didn’t know SS was going to be there. Maybe JS knew and didn’t mention it or maybe SS just showed up. I wonder if she didn’t expect him, she may have become angry toward him or her mum and it escalated? But then nothing we have seen suggests a commotion heard by neighbours which makes me think that perhaps there wasn’t a big fight. Or an accidental fall. I noticed the forensics in the grey Hughes video mentioned her neck both left and right side so I believe strangled was the likely cause of death. Could she have been asleep when he killed her?
good point taken. the aunt's several small sound bytes to the media when she was missing, she didnt have much to say other than she wouldnt run away and everyone is concerned, and hoping she is somewhere safe. she appeared to me that she was holding back an 'opinion' right below the surface, especially when she said "I dont know if she is somewhere safe, I have HIGH DOUBTS', and is asked why? 'because of the world we live in, everythings crazy'.

Im still of the impression there was discord in the family with JS and the SS relationship and they perhaps confronted JS about it. after all, Madeline did not have her own room, the family had to have known that and expressed their anger about it...something of that nature to start with, probably among many things they considered inappropriate or suspect.

was the aunt (sister of JS) still there when SS showed up? I did not see any interviews released for the family. namely, her's. all I saw was a mention of JS's sister last seeing Madeline at her birthday, she gave consent to have her house and vehicle searched including the grandfather's.

Is "we did not go to McDonald's" code for something???

Edited: I tried to reply to this, but it did not carry over:
cujenn81 said:
10:15 AM - JS’s scheduled doctor’s appointment

10:18 AM - SS calls JS to let her know he & MS did not go to McDonald’s
Maybe code for “the body is now in the trunk”??

I'm also so very sad to learn poor MS did not even have her own room, and the condo had additional roommates during this entire time. I know times are tough, and as others have mentioned can understand if JS truly NEEDED to rent out a room to make ends meet, however she should have prioritized MS safety and wellbeing.
Why did JS have roommates anyway? extra income makes sense but was she paying the mortgage or not? or maybe they helped with childcare? Hope they find out what was going on there.
I bet they will justify it by saying maddi didnt sleep alone anyway, so we made her a space in the L/R and rented out the rooms.
Another time when the "not being able to sleep alone " is affecting her life. If it's a problem big enough that she no longer has a bedroom. It should be a problem big enough to discuss with the DR. or therapist about.
Another missed opportunity if she didnt.

Last edited:
I know the bar is pretty low where I live to be a sub though, and if JS was between jobs and needed quick money, she may have been on the sub list.

No idea what it is like in other parts of the country?
you just answered my question, I was going to ask if she was a teacher why did she sell vacations.
In canada to be a sub you actually need to be a teacher.

JS states they chatted for a bit and she asked SS, "what happened?" Even the cops were like, wait, what do you mean? She then tells them about a phone call SS supposedly made earlier where he told JS that Maddie didn't want McDonald's after all that morning because she was sleepy.
^^rsbm

I do believe JS was interested in hearing "what happened" on the way to school that interfered with or prevented their "special" McDonald's breakfast event.

By all accounts, SS's taking MS to school was not the norm. JS/SS had a motive for the Monday ride to school: SS had moved out only for his job with his dad to not work out! SS was wanting to move back to the Soto residence and had JS approval but there was a problem... MS put it on record with school counselor that SS living with them made her uncomfortable. In her last report, MS told the counselor she was happy and things were better at home and with her mother (sans SS).

I think JS/SS were relying on the Monday breakfast to begin smoothing things out with MS (i.e., by manipulating and love bombing) and MS wasn't having it. The child found strength to say NO to SS on Sunday night and it cost MS her life. JMO

^^rsbm

I do believe JS was interested in hearing "what happened" on the way to school that interfered with or prevented their "special" McDonald's breakfast event.

By all accounts, SS's taking MS to school was not the norm. JS/SS had a motive for the Monday ride to school: SS had moved out only for his job with his dad to not work out! SS was wanting to move back to the Soto residence and had JS approval but there was a problem... MS put it on record with school counselor that SS living with them made her uncomfortable. In her last report, MS told the counselor she was happy and things were better at home and with her mother (sans SS).

I think JS/SS were relying on the Monday breakfast to begin smoothing things out with MS (i.e., by manipulating and love bombing) and MS wasn't having it. The child found strength to say NO to SS on Sunday night and it cost MS her life. JMO
Does it make you wonder if maddi didnt want him to drive her, and they thought they would sweeten the pot with the " special breakfast" :rolleyes: Maybe in the morning she resisted, refused.That could send him off the rails , not just b/c of that one time, but b/c it meant he couldnt control her anymore and that resistance might make her speak up eventually? Maybe he snapped cause he was afraid, he's not used to losing the control. he surrounds himself with yes men.

you just answered my question, I was going to ask if she was a teacher why did she sell vacations.
I believe each state has different requirements regarding how many credits in education, or maybe even college classes in general, you need under your belt to qualify to be a substitute teacher.
Some states have very low requirements. I remember being very surprised when a sub told us during a HS class in NJ. It may have changed since then.

Why did JS have roommates anyway? extra income makes sense but was she paying the mortgage or not? or maybe they helped with childcare? Hope they find out what was going on there.
I bet they will justify it by saying maddi didnt sleep alone anyway, so we made her a space in the L/R and rented out the rooms.
Another time when the "not being able to sleep alone " is affecting her life. If it's a problem big enough that she no longer has a bedroom. It should be a problem big enough to discuss with the DR. or therapist about.
Another missed opportunity if she didnt.
If you can't afford to a 4BR apartment, move to a smaller apartment!

smh

jmo

If you can't afford to a 4BR apartment, move to a smaller apartment!

smh

jmo
Exactly!!
I dont know if she was even paying rent or a mortgage. There are things that are unknown, and what about him didn't the family like ? freeloading?
We havent heard a word from them not standing up for Jenn and not being outraged at SS.

Not in some parts no. They’re desperately in need of supplies.

Does it make you wonder if maddi didnt want him to drive her, and they thought they would sweeten the pot with the " special breakfast" :rolleyes: Maybe in the morning she resisted, refused.That could send him off the rails , not just b/c of that one time, but b/c it meant he couldnt control her anymore and that resistance might make her speak up eventually? Maybe he snapped cause he was afraid, he's not used to losing the control. he surrounds himself with yes men.
But again why wake early if no actual rush??

Here are my notes from the documents covered in the Grey Hughes videos posted upthread (of the things I found important).
:)
Wow! Thank you, @cujenn81 for doing this!!! GREAT work! I'll be shortening most of it for focus on a few items.
Jennifer’s 2nd Statement to the Police (1st Digitally Recorded) - 2/27/2024

She said Maddie had a “makeshift room” in the living room that she only used to hang out in but never slept in. [Detectives described this room as a portion of the living room turned into a bedroom with a folding divider between the bedroom space and the kitchen/dining room.]
I'm venturing a guess that was because the spare bedrooms were all taken by roommates so this was her "room" (I read upthread where it had a dresser, etc.), but when she slept, it appears she slept a lot with the 3 of them in JS's bed, or shared a bed with SS. That surprises me that she didn't just sleep in the living room. Perhaps it was too noisy down there with so many people in the house?

Which bring me to my first question... with that many people all living under the same roof, in a small condo (1470 SF according to Zillow, which is small for up to 4 adults and 1 preteen IMO (I live alone in the same SF so can't even imagine that many people all living here!) how could not one of them be suspicious of what SS was doing?!? They had to hear things one would think! smh
She said sleeping arrangements depended on everyone’s schedule the next day. Sometimes they all slept in her king bed, other times SS slept upstairs alone and she and Maddie slept in her bed, and other times she would send Maddie and SS to sleep in the upstairs bedroom if she needed a good night’s sleep.
Oh, she sent Maddie to sleep with SS so JS could get a good night's sleep?!?!? What about Maddie getting a good night's sleep?!?!? That for sure wasn't happening with the 2 of them sharing a bed behind closed doors!!! Apparently JS came first to JS. :mad:
After Stephan heard Maddie hadn’t shown up at school, JS says he met her at her mother’s office, where they waited for LE to arrive. She said she’d brought Maddie’s phone with her when she went to pick her up from school.
That seems like an odd thing to do IMO. I can't see a reason a child would need her "forgotten" phone between being picked up and the short ride home. If Maddie didn't have it all day (if she was alive) surely it could wait till she arrived back home. It takes 15 minutes or so to get there. Since that makes no sense to me I'm thinking JS had another reason to bring Maddie's phone with her to "pick her up".
When asked if they went back out that night, she said Stephan had gone back out in the middle of the night in her car.
Why not his car or his dad's car? And where was Maddie at this time? Dead in SS's bedroom? In JS's car? In whatever car she was seen in video in. Perhaps he was going to discard her that night but couldn't find a suitable place.
7:35 AM - SS is spotted on surveillance at the trash compactor in his father’s Lincoln; he throws a white trash bag filled with items (Maddie’s laptop, backpack, a white Croc) into the compactor
I am still puzzled over what he could have been thinking to bag up and throw away only ONE croc.
[Maddie is visible in the front passenger seat of the vehicle with her head tilted on her left shoulder, mouth open, and belted into the seat.]
Safety first! </end sarcasm>
10:18 AM - SS calls JS to let her know he & MS did not go to McDonald’s
Why? For what reason would he feel the need to do this? Was it code if JS knew he was off to dispose of her body? Is "Didn't go to McDonald's" code for "I couldn't leave her behind the school"? (too many people at that hour is my guess)
11:00 - 11:15 AM - JS returns home from her doctor’s appointment

12:45 PM - SS leaves the house to run errands; he stops at Coliseum of Comics and a couple of Target stores
So 90ish minutes of conversation between the 2 before SS needs to "run errands".
4:10 PM - JS leaves the school when she doesn’t see Maddie right away because she’s holding up the pickup line and drives to her mother’s office
Something that FINALLY makes sense!
6:53 PM - Orange County SO receives a call for service in reference to a missing juvenile
So almost 3 hrs after JS "noticed" she was missing she makes the call.
EVIDENCE

- 2022 Nissan sedan towed from TownePlace Suites at Flamingo Crossings, 2/28/2024 at 8:30 PM
Do we know whose car this is? I searched this thread for Nissan and didn't find it. 2022 is pretty new so wouldn't be considered a hooptie. Google was clueless too.
MA, 2/29/2024

- SS told her that he was separated from JS but still slept at her house, specifically in the bed with Maddie; he explained this by saying he needed to cuddle with Maddie so she could fall asleep

- SS one day revealed to her that he’d woken up in the bed with Maddie with an erection; MA felt his comments were inappropriate and stopped talking to him soon after
Welp. That sure confirmed my suspicion that he was looking for a replacement as Maddie would no longer be in his preferred age range. <insert barf emoji here>
Maddie’s Best Friend - 2/27/2024

- MS has only briefly mentioned her biological father but is always on the phone with SS, texting or talking, usually in the afternoon or at night

- JS or Maddie’s grandparents usually bring Maddie to school; she doesn’t recall SS ever bringing her
As all, or most of us thought.
- MS talks to her dad and sister who live in Washington DC and she believes Maddie is close with her sister
Maddie has a sister? I thought Maddie's dad lives in TX. I'm confused. Can someone shed some light on who lives in DC and whose sister this was? Her dad's sister (so Maddie's aunt?).
- JS called her (the best friend) on the evening of 2/26/2024 to ask if Maddie was with her; JS told her she’d last seen Maddie at 8:45 that morning when she dropped her off at the church near the school; the friend said this was unusual because Maddie was typically dropped off in the car line
No longer "we". Now it was "she" who dropped her off at the church. That's.... odd.
7th Grade School Counselor - 2/29/2024

- she was told MS has ADHD and has a hard time focusing; Maddie also has anxiety and panic attacks

- MS typically comes to see her when she’s feeling panicked or overwhelmed; Maddie has also said she’s dealing with things at home including fighting with her mom
- MS reported that her mom’s boyfriend lived with them and she didn’t like him because he was weird; when Maddie was pressed about why she thinks he’s weird, she said it was because he ate all their food, hangs out in the living room, and makes her feel uncomfortable; MS reported in December that he was moving out and that made her happy

- JS told her that Maddie was seeing a therapist weekly
All of the above SHOULD raise red flags IMO, especially with a counselor. I hope changes are made to protect other children with similar experiences.

Also, "Including" fighting with her mom should raise a red flag when told by a child that "she's dealing with things at home". "Including" to me means things other than her fighting with her mom.
7th Period English Teacher - 2/29/2024
- he described Maddie as “quieter”; she sometimes does her work but has a lot of “sleepy days” where she comes in and puts her head down and does nothing

- he saw that MS was “fatigued” which he believes may have been a sign of depression, but he didn’t see anything more overt

- Maddie’s grades were rough but then she brought them up; she went through phases where she wouldn’t turn anything in

- MS seemed normal but quiet and tired
More red flags. :(
Friend of Maddie - 2/29/2024

- she didn’t notice MS going through a depressive phase but MS said she was going through one earlier in the year
I wonder if her depressive phases revolved around when SS lived with them and when he didn't.
- she never saw any bruises on Maddie but noted that MS occasionally came to school wearing red makeup that made it look like she’d been crying
I have never heard of red makeup. Is it a thing? Or was she really crying and said it was red makeup?

Close to my thinking as well.
The house of cards resultant of a manipulator's continued lying will inevitably collapse at some future point...I believe SS had experienced this repeatedly, that it had caused him to get outa Dodge in the past, that the household scenario with JS had survived for an extended period in spite of it. The on-again, off-again nature of the JS-SS relationship indicates that he had talked his way back into her good graces in the near past. Some of the wording attributed to MS by her school counselor sounds more like the complaints of a head of household than a victimized pre-teen. That victimization had become the norm for SS and his twisted cravings needed satiation.
The cell phone sequence indicates SS was not at the birthday party and the remaining timeline indicates SS and MS were at the condo at least briefly before JS got there. Shortly after JS arrives, MS and SS are headed for Room 4.
I believe SS was not considering murder until sometime after midnight, and as you indicated, that was result of MS refusal to abide by SS's agenda; and SS was counting on persuading a reconciliation. As MS resisted and refused, SS got enraged.
I do not believe there was any extent of pre-planning or conspiring because after the murder, everything SS did was just so sloppy and ineffectual. If there was an intent to indicate that MS ran away or was abducted after being dropped near the school, then the evidence of presence, the laptop and the Croc and so on, should have been "lost" near the school. And following that...well, its just a comedy of errors.
I believe the murder happened at the condo, because I believe that the deposit in the dumpster at 7:45 AM with a figure slumped in the car is consistent with that. There is a warrant out for the GPS data from the Lincoln; I will be interested to see if there was another departure, but if so, the Lincoln would have to return to within the security perimeter prior to 7:40. Was the whole story about needing the transmitter at 8:19 a red herring?
Oh and I believe SS is a vile P0S but thats hardly conflicting with consensus at this point.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members