Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. At a bare minimum, he’d have to have come over super early that morning, well before school would be open. Then he kills her, removes her body, and mom knows nothing about it.
Not caught up yet but are there two homes involved? Any chance MS never was at mom's home Sunday night? I agree something isn't adding up with the Monday morning timeline. Is someone other than SS lying? MOO

In the warrant for his arrest, it literally says, "the mother advised her daughter's step father Stefan Sterns, picked her up from home and dropped her off at Hunter's Creek...."

The monster ALSO said he picked her up that morning. So was she dead by the time he got there? Or was he never there that morning to "pick her up"??

The mother apparently lied to police then because that did NOT happen according to the presser we just watched.

View attachment 487297
So wait, is Sterns the stepfather or the live in boyfriend?

I have a "funny feeling" about her phone. I strongly suspect that her phone was not private and was often "taken" and always monitored. That it wasn't a private place for her and wasn't reliably available. I have seen this type of control tactic in adult DV situations where "taking" and monitoring phone usage is used to isolate and control the DV victim. I can't pinpoint it, but the way her phone is talked about, "didn't take it that morning," "frequently forgot" and no reaching out on her birthday, seems so off when compared with my 3 teens behavior around their phones that my hinky meter is through the roof.

ETA - and if my thoughts above are true, there is karmic justice that SS was caught and is sitting in jail because of his "factory reset" phone. Guy thinks he is sooooo smart.
IMO, we will likely find out that Maddie was an introvert and kept to herself and unlikely that she visited friends or had friends over.

This reminds me of another teen from my hometown. Janell disappeared shortly after her 16th birthday. She supposedly left in the middle of the night with her stepdad to help a friend who had broken down. Stepdad and mom are now awaiting trail for her murder.
I'm not accusing Madeline's mom of anything. Simply sharing the similarities-disappears after birthday, last seen with mom's partner.

Not sure if this has been shared. Just popped up as "Breaking News" as I was reading their article about her.

Madeline Soto was killed by mom's boyfriend Stephan Sterns, Orange County sheriff says: 'Devastating news'

Edit to add:
"Video evidence shows Sterns discarding items in a dumpster at a Kissimmee apartment complex at 7:45 a.m. on Monday, which was later recovered and identified as Madeline Soto's backpack and school-issued laptop.

There's also video evidence of Sterns returning to his neighborhood, with Madeline Soto visible in that vehicle. Sheriff Mina, however, said that the teenager was already dead at this time. "

IMO, we will likely find out that Maddie was an introvert and kept to herself and unlikely that she visited friends or had friends over.

This reminds me of another teen from my hometown. Janell disappeared shortly after her 16th birthday. She supposedly left in the middle of the night with her stepdad to help a friend who had broken down. Stepdad and mom are now awaiting trail for her murder.
I'm not accusing Madeline's mom of anything. Simply sharing the similarities-disappears after birthday, last seen with mom's partner.
The birthday thing was bugging me because it was reminding me of something. Thank you, I think it was this case.

Anyone know if the enhancement factors on a crime against a child are different if the child is thirteen, rather than twelve in Florida?

MOO

NO no no....It is all in the thread. He NEVER dropped her off.
Police confirm someone was at the church, but it's too blurry to see it was for certain. They have not said if his car was seen in the vicinity. Could he have "dropped" someone off at the church, with them pretending to be Maddie walking towards the school? I'd like to know if his car was near that schiech and if someone got out!

I find it very strange that the mom shows almost no emotion in this interview. I don't think I would be able to keep myself composed in a situation like this.

Police confirm someone was at the church, but it's too blurry to see it was for certain. They have not said if his car was seen in the vicinity. Could he have "dropped" someone off at the church, with them pretending to be Maddie walking towards the school? I'd like to know if his car was near that schiech and if someone got out!
Listen here: at 13:36 in. "our detectives have determined that Madeline was never dropped off on the morning of February 26 near her school"...,.

Not sure if this has been shared. Just popped up as "Breaking News" as I was reading their article about her.

Madeline Soto was killed by mom's boyfriend Stephan Sterns, Orange County sheriff says: 'Devastating news'

Edit to add:
"Video evidence shows Sterns discarding items in a dumpster at a Kissimmee apartment complex at 7:45 a.m. on Monday, which was later recovered and identified as Madeline Soto's backpack and school-issued laptop.

There's also video evidence of Sterns returning to his neighborhood, with Madeline Soto visible in that vehicle. Sheriff Mina, however, said that the teenager was already dead at this time. "
I wonder if she was wearing a Fitbit or Apple watch or something and they know what time her heart stopped beating.

Edit to add:

So was the apartment complex her home and then “his neighborhood” is second location?
Do we know yet?

This. At my daughter’s school you are either car line or bus. You get dismissed at different times, but there are teachers outside and nobody can just walk away….my daughter gets driven to and from every day. If she wasn’t outside for pick up, I’d park and go in the school immediately.

In our school district, many kids walk to school and walk home. I wonder if she was in that category? Sometimes someone drove her and other times she walked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay