Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they are waiting for the autopsy results since he isn’t going anywhere ?
JMO
Possibly. They'll throw the book at him if they can prove it started before she turned 12. Florida doesn't play. Just look at the different Sheriffs across the state that have public media personas. Ex: Grady Judd, Polk County

SS thinks he's quite clever, can put on a public persona and stay silent to his benefit. If there is any prison justice, I sure hope it finds him.

If she was killed in the apartment they lived in, are they referring to HIS apartment, or the mothers apartment, if they didn't live together? If it was the mother's apartment, how did she not know this was happening? I know she mentioned she was very tired, and outwardly didn't appear to know what had happened to her child.

Snip
Her mother's boyfriend is suspected of moving her body and the case is a homicide investigation, Sheriff John Mina said........

It is believed Madeline was killed in Kissimmee, where her family lived in an apartment, and that Sterns moved her body in the early morning hours Monday, Mina said.

Sterns was seen driving a silver 2010 Lincoln MKZ on Monday between 1 and 2:30 p.m. in the area of State Road 192 and Old Hickory Tree and Nulty roads.

In the full interview that's been released and is upthread mum says she reported her missing at 4.45 and I think she said she went to pick her up at 4.00.
(Sorry I was going to get time stamps but I can't face listening to it again)

Hmm. This is the bell schedule for Maddie's school:
Last bell at 4:04pm.
Her mom, "around 4:30", would be having to navigate car riders, plus the buses, plus the kids that walk home, in order to get into the parking lot and entrance to the school. Plus the faculty who are leaving to go home. It's super busy. I asked hubby (he's a teacher, but we're in GA) about visitors/parents coming into school buildings. Here, they have to be buzzed in. There is a camera at the door that you show your ID to, and then someone verifies you and buzzes you into the building.
Also, he said that, more than likely, front office folks were already packed up and leaving/left for the day.
Just something to ponder IMO.
My grandson is in school in GA, but it's a very small private school. They check attendance as soon as school starts and if a child isn't there they call both parents to check on them. Do other schools not do this? Maybe it's the size of the school, but I know we forgot to call once when he was home sick and his parents received calls almost immediately.

My grandson is in school in GA, but it's a very small private school. They check attendance as soon as school starts and if a child isn't there they call both parents to check on them. Do other schools not do this? Maybe it's the size of the school, but I know we forgot to call once when he was home sick and his parents received calls almost immediately.
From what I understand, it depends on the school district.

In the full interview that's been released and is upthread mum says she reported her missing at 4.45 and I think she said she went to pick her up at 4.00.
(Sorry I was going to get time stamps but I can't face listening to it again)
I swear I read that she reported her missing at 8pm. I'll have to find the article. But, she did say that she had driven to the school at "around" 4:30 and spoke with someone there, who told her that Maddie hadn't been at school that day. Plus she drove to her mom's (Maddie's grandma's) office, but I don't think she actually went inside. Between her and SS, there was a lot of driving that day, IJS.

Yeah it’s probably due to the size as well as it just being a private school. My mom’s a recently retired private school teacher, also in GA, and they always called/emailed parents to confirm an absence. Can’t say the same for the public school i went to, but granted that was over a decade ago now lol

Sadly in this case, it would not have mattered if they called mom 10 seconds after morning attendance.

Sadly in this case, it would not have mattered if they called mom 10 seconds after morning attendance.

True, but it might have helped them find her body quicker, same with Audrii, but we can't ever be certain.
It's still not good enough though because there may be kids that it could save in the future. JMO

They can already give him the death penalty for these charges alone based on new FL laws, so my guess is they will take their time with all evidence before charging him with anything else and make sure they have everything sewn up seamlessly. IMO
I was about to post about the new law that was signed. I think every state should have it.

I swear I read that she reported her missing at 8pm. I'll have to find the article. But, she did say that she had driven to the school at "around" 4:30 and spoke with someone there, who told her that Maddie hadn't been at school that day. Plus she drove to her mom's (Maddie's grandma's) office, but I don't think she actually went inside. Between her and SS, there was a lot of driving that day, IJS.

I thought the same thing when I heard her say 4.45 on the video because I could have sworn I'd seen it reported that she reported Maddie missing at 8pm.

True, but it might have helped them find her body quicker, same with Audrii, but we can't ever be certain.
It's still not good enough though because there may be kids that it could save in the future. JMO
I don't disagree it's a good policy. Our local public school district rapidly upgraded the system after Victoria "Tori" Stafford was kidnapped, assaulted and murdered. Unfortunately, it often takes a horrifying case to change school district policy. Now in our county, parents get an automated call usually before 10am if their public schooled kids are unaccounted for at attendance.

I thought the same thing when I heard her say 4.45 on the video because I could have sworn I'd seen it reported that she reported Maddie missing at 8pm.
Holy cow, it's right there in the warrant. February 26, 2024, at approximately 2000 hours.
Even if she actually called LE at 4:45, they're not going to wait until 8pm to come out and take a missing child report.
As my hubby's students say - the math ain't mathing.
IMO.

Exactly, 8pm was in the warrant. And 4.30 pick up was in a different interview. So much conflict of information

I don't disagree it's a good policy. Our local public school district rapidly upgraded the system after Victoria "Tori" Stafford was kidnapped, assaulted and murdered. Unfortunately, it often takes a horrifying case to change school district policy. Now in our county, parents get an automated call usually before 10am if their public schooled kids are unaccounted for at attendance.

Yes, here in the UK my kids school call by 10am if you haven't contacted them to report an absence, and if there is no answer they will email and try again too.

The system definitely needs changing and for many reasons, safety of the child first and foremost of course, but also because there will always be cases similar this one and if a parent is the one that's done the child harm in some of them, they wouldn't have the excuse to hand or the protection of saying they didn't know the child was missing until much later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member