Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere he was a property manager at sometime in the recent past. Super scary thought that he would have access to peoples homes when they weren’t there. His Father has a lot of different businesses related to real estate and marketing. Seems like he worked for him mostly.

This guy is 37, never been married. No kids of his own. We would be foolish to think this is the first time he’s ever sexually abused a child. It’s just the first time he got caught. And I do believe there is a good chance Maddie was pregnant.
I wonder if she had been a wearing baggy tops and was gifted a new dress to wear for her birthday and SS became concerned. Although it is very common for girls of that age to gain weight before a growth spurt.

Wondering if the thread title should be updated as Maddy wasn't ever dropped off for school and likely not in any church parking lot video.

Maybe it should be:

FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, did not arrive at school, last seen unresponsive on video in vehicle with identified suspect Kissimmee, 26 Feb 2024​

??

MOO

Yes, she did report earlier that it was at 8 pm and now, it's 4;45 pm.
The police will have an accurate record. Wonder what else Creepy Life partner did once he disposed of Madeline? Did he try to clean the house? His car? Shower? Google things? There is going to be a lot of horrible info coming out soon I think.

Oh yeah something else that bothers me…why did mom say she didn’t find anything on her daughter’s laptop or phone that would indicate where she would have gone, but when police went thru the devices they notated the “living in the woods” text right away?
What if mom or perp erased things from her cell phone / computer? Maybe she had a diary they weren’t happy about?

Wondering if the thread title should be updated as Maddy wasn't ever dropped off for school and likely not in any church parking lot video.

Maybe it should be:

FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, did not arrive at school, last seen unresponsive on video in vehicle with identified suspect Kissimmee, 26 Feb 2024​

??

MOO
That would be helpful if she were still considered missing and there was a possibility of finding her alive. I think the way it is now, with the "Found Deceased" label and a mention of there being an arrest, is good.

I find this super happy girl, and the perfect day narrative, a bit overdone. The argument can of course be made that mom was trying to convince the audience that she would never run away, but I do find it a bit curious.
Agree @MassGuy. Reminds me of something that happened to me personally a few years ago when I lost my sister due to questionable circumstances. The narrative was a bit too overdone, many details and how "happy" she was that morning...

Maybe it should be:

??

MOO
Good idea.

Maybe it should be:

??

MOO
The idea that he dropped her off in a church parking lot makes me wonder what remorse he may have felt? Were they / was he involved in a particular faith? Interesting choice - if other fam said it was unusual for her to be dropped off there, it sure didn’t seem to phase mom any. She was adamant the church is right next to the school. I googled. It’s about a half a mile out from the school. Then she was sure Madeline wouldn’t be found in the woods and she stayed home in case Madeline called or came back - she just wanted her back - whatever that meant (I forget how she worded it but it seemed like she was saying, even if she was dead, she just wanted her back). Moo

If the mother and SS were never married then he is not her stepfather. Grandma says they have been together "for several years." That could mean anything from 3 years to like, 8.

If we go with the number 5, that would put SS entering Maddie's life at around age 8. This is young enough for her to be more open to establishing bonds with new family or parental figures (we typically become more "closed off" as we age) and get attached. That said, it doesn't make any sense for her to still be spending a significant amount of time at the pseudo-stepdad's apartment if he is not longer romantically engaged with the mother. It would be far less strange if they were actually married and SS had adopted Maddie, for example.* Why wasn't the mom at her birthday party? Could it not have been scheduled around when she works?

* I know Maddie has a bio dad but this is just a hypothetical example.

1709403310956.jpeg

“It’s hard not to blame myself,” Sterns told the outlet as his eyes appeared to well with tears and his voice became thick with emotion.

“I dropped her off [at school] early, I could have waited longer. She looked okay she was walking towards the school,” he explained. “I went on with my day.”

Stephan Sterns spoke to WFTV 9 on Tuesday.
“We don’t know where she could be, and we’re scared,” Sterns lamented. “I just want her home.”

“I told her to have a good day at school and I love her, she said ‘Thanks, love you, too,’ and that was it,” he told the network of the last time he claimed to see Madeline.

“It just keeps coming in waves, reality keeps hitting. We don’t know where she is, we don’t know if she’s safe,” Sterns said during the interview, adding that Madeline’s mom, Jennifer Soto, had been “a lot stronger” than him.

“It’s a living nightmare,” he told the outlet. “I just wanna wake up.”*
*so does Madeline. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, @Leilei. Curious if the school called Madeline's mother in the a.m. on Monday morning advising her (mother) that Madeline wasn't at school.
If they did, did he see the number on screen and ignore the call? Delete any record of it from her phone device? Her phone record from service provider might be telling.

Couldn’t make myself watch any more of that video. To be very honest - much of it gives me the creeps. I didn’t watch mom’s part at all. I saw enough of her in the interview where he’s sat a few feet behind her cracking knuckles and stone cold.
Agree, could not handle watching the whole interview. I am having a hard time looking at even SS's photo. I am sick to my stomach visualizing what this monster did to this helpless young girl. May justice be swift and the consequences be handled by the general population in prison..JMO

If the mother and SS were never married then he is not her stepfather. Grandma says they have been together "for several years." That could mean anything from 3 years to like, 8.

If we go with the number 5, that would put SS entering Maddie's life at around age 8. This is young enough for her to be more open to establishing bonds with new family or parental figures (we typically become more "closed off" as we age) and get attached. That said, it doesn't make any sense for her to still be spending a significant amount of time at the pseudo-stepdad's apartment if he is not longer romantically engaged with the mother. It would be far less strange if they were actually married and SS had adopted Maddie, for example.* Why wasn't the mom at her birthday party? Could it not have been scheduled around when she works?

* I know Maddie has a bio dad but this is just a hypothetical example.
You don't have to be married or live together to be romantically involved with someone. The exact housing situation has been unclear, but as far as we know he and the mother were a couple at the time of Madeline's disappearance.

Not known yet...On his FB profile, he claimed to be a Disney cast member since 2022. However, Disney has denied that.

He also listed "Smart Built Homes" on his FB, and "Home Clicks Realty" on LinkedIn, which both are owned by his father. So perhaps these are where he was actually working, but maybe not in a traditional "realtor" position that would require him to hold an active license.

In Sept I forgwt 2033 or 2022 he shared on his FB he was celebrating getting his one year pin as a cast member at Disney. I looked at his friend list. Massive red flag on what was visible - all the “women” on his friend list. This guy was vile. If the person I was interested in had a profile like his on social media I’d have been gone so fast his head woulda spun. Of course it’s easy to say from here because I haven’t lived the life of someone attached to a predator. It’s probably more complex but his profile on FB alone was enough to creep me out even before he was arrested.

View attachment 487492

“It’s hard not to blame myself,” Sterns told the outlet as his eyes appeared to well with tears and his voice became thick with emotion.

“I dropped her off [at school] early, I could have waited longer. She looked okay she was walking towards the school,” he explained. “I went on with my day.”

Stephan Sterns spoke to WFTV 9 on Tuesday.
“We don’t know where she could be, and we’re scared,” Sterns lamented. “I just want her home.”

“I told her to have a good day at school and I love her, she said ‘Thanks, love you, too,’ and that was it,” he told the network of the last time he claimed to see Madeline.

“It just keeps coming in waves, reality keeps hitting. We don’t know where she is, we don’t know if she’s safe,” Sterns said during the interview, adding that Madeline’s mom, Jennifer Soto, had been “a lot stronger” than him.

“It’s a living nightmare,” he told the outlet. “I just wanna wake up.”*
*so does Madeline… you #$&%
Even that was a red flag when next interview mom said he dropped her off but she was on video hanging around for awhile before heading toward school. If you weren’t noticing his bull crap before, you sure noticed it when mom’s statement contradicted his - he said he watched her walk toward school.

Not known yet...On his FB profile, he claimed to be a Disney cast member since 2022. However, Disney has denied that.

He also listed "Smart Built Homes" on his FB, and "Home Clicks Realty" on LinkedIn, which both are owned by his father. So perhaps these are where he was actually working, but maybe not in a traditional "realtor" position that would require him to hold an active license.

I looked up his linked in and I guess since I’m local to him it suggested colleagues for me to connect with in similar fields as SS. I know many of them from my previous job (they were clients of my firm). That was odd to see that.

Apologies if this has already been addressed. Just confused by the bolded part, from the article:
Why would he have had her visible if she was already dead? Why was he returning? Horrible ending to this case.

It is believed Madeline was killed in Kissimmee, where her family lived in an apartment, and that Sterns moved her body in the early morning hours Monday, Mina said.

"We have evidence that shows Stephen Stern’s returning to the complex and Madeline was visible in that vehicle. We believe she was already dead at that time,” the sheriff said. Authorities did not state what time that footage was captured.

I think she could have been in the trunk and LE saw her when he opened the trunk to retrieve items out (backpack, laptop) to put in the dumpster. Just a theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawk53