Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Has anyone else seen this interview with Maddie’s mother? She says “we drove her to school”, “we dropped her off”, then suddenly says “my boyfriend dropped her off”…..so now I’m confused. Was the mother with him when she was supposedly dropped off across from the church or not?? I thought not, but this is odd to say the least.
There is a lot of information in this interview. Boyfriend creepily sits behind her during almost all of it.

Video was from the Peace Church surveillance cameras. Mom hasn’t personally see it.

I must have completely missed something because I knew that stuff was on his phone but not on her phone. :eek:
The material is stated to have been found on the boyfriend's phone, not Madeline's. If I recall correctly, all they stated about her phone is that she expressed a desire to run away to the woods or something along those lines to her friends.

I must have completely missed something because I knew that stuff was on his phone but not on her phone. :eek:
Oh, I thought you meant his phone. It was what was on his phone that led to his swift arrest. We don't know what was on hers, other than some sort of communication that she wanted to live in the woods.

Because a lot of women are desperate to be “loved”, IMO.

No. It is that without a man to help pay the rent, they would be homeless. That is an unfortunate reality now. Especially when so many men bail on child support. It is almost impossible for a single Mom, with kids, making minimum wage at Walmart, to pay rent, electricity, forget a car and car insurance.

Please don't judge women who are living constant lives of struggling. They get judged enough.

No. It is that without a man to help pay the rent, they would be homeless. That is an unfortunate reality now. Especially when so many men bail on child support. It is almost impossible for a single Mom, with kids, making minimum wage at Walmart, to pay rent, electricity, forget a car and car insurance.

Please don't judge women who are living constant lives of struggling. They get judged enough.
Do we know that this particular woman works for minimum wage and doesn’t receive child support?

Only just started reading the thread but I have a couple of questions. Her mother said they celebrated Maddie's birthday on the weekend. What day was that, Saturday or Sunday? Also they referred to the person who dropped Maddie off as her mother's life partner. Does that mean that Maddie's parents are separated or divorced or never lived together as a couple. Does her mom share custody with the dad? It says her mother last talked to her daughter on the day of the birthday but not on Monday morning. I thought perhaps her mom's partner dropped her off where he did because he got on a ramp to the Central Florida toll road but there's just an underpass, no access to the freeway.

Was the church parking lot a place where parents dropped their kids off so they could meet up with friends and walk the rest of the way? Kids that age can be mortified of being labeled a loser baby being dropped off by their parents.

I'm much older than 13, an age where kids have been listening to different ringtones while still in the womb. I got my first cell phone thirty years ago, a Nokia, and I still leave my home without one. Not all the time, but if I leave it behind I decide whether to go back for it, depending on the reason why I'm out and about. Going for groceries, nah. Getting on a highway for a couple of hours, definitely go back for it.

Edited: Oh, no just read about the boyfriend being the main suspect. Damn.

The "we" comment doesn't necessarily set off alarm bells to me. I think at that point she was just talking about the parental figures dropping a kid off, but then gets more detailed in adding "her boyfriend". For example, when talking to my friends I would say "we have to drop my kid off at practice". Just referring to someone in the family, when really it only it would be one of us. If that makes sense.?

Def weird vibes from the BF lurking behind her in that video, though!

And interesting the police wouldn't show aunt/mom the surveillance video. I bet there is more on it which hasn't been told. IMO
Bbm.
That's a possibility.
What IF the surveillance vid. showed his car driving up to or around the area, but not Madeline getting out of it ?
As in, "Hey, I drove there and dropped her off across the street, you can check and my car is on camera....".
Or something similar.
And LE want to keep this -- or something else -- close to the investigation ?
Omo.

Bbm.
That's a possibility.
What IF the surveillance vid. showed his car driving up to or around the area, but not Madeline getting out of it ?
As in, "Hey, I drove there and dropped her off across the street, you can check and my car is on camera....".
Or something similar.
And LE want to keep this -- or something else -- close to the investigation ?
Omo.
This.

I bet what is captured doesn't match what the POI reported. The video is evidence.

JMO

MOO... I take his presence behind the mom during the interview as controlling. He only came in after the interview started. It seems to me he wanted her to know he was there listening by walking by her once she was on camera talking. Very strange, but now that he's been arrested it does make sense that he would not be the type to console and support (even by sitting next to her). He was likely spiraling internally trying to hold onto his last shred of control. MOO

Ps interesting that he also did not appear in court. Another attempt at control? MOO

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
I do wonder about the family dynamic when the child doesn’t tell their mom about what is happening. I have three daughters and we have DRILLED into them the concepts of consent, unwanted touching and always being able to tell anything to a safe adult (ourselves and we asked each kid to name one safe non-parent). I don’t want to come across as victim-blaming the mom, I genuinely wonder, in cases like this, why the child doesn’t go to their mom. Do they see their mom happy and not want to ruin this, is the grooming such that it “sneaks up” - or most horrible - do they say something and it’s gets ignored or brushed under the rug? I also very much appreciate those of you on this thread who have shared about their “unsafe” homes - my heart goes out to each of you. Every child deserves a safe home!

ETA - I guess I am just wondering about the dynamics of THIS family. Did Madeline have siblings, an active bio-dad, grandparents. How long was mom with this “Life-partner” (which gives me the possible ick of trying to make a boyfriend sound more serious). There is so little information to draw from.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we know that this particular woman works for minimum wage and doesn’t receive child support?

No. But in general, hooking up with a man isn't always about love, or having a man. It is more often than not, about having a place to live.

Unfortunately.

Do we know it is true here? No. But I think that we also need to acknowledge how many times that is a reality.

Oh my goodness just caught up on the developments.

I had a feeling this was going to be the outcome but I doubted myself when it was stated that there was video footage from the church grounds.

Do we have any answers of when the text was sent which stated Madeline wanted to runaway and live in the forest when she turned 13? If this was only in the days leading up to her disappearance then I wouldn’t be surprised if her phone was confiscated and these texts came from the POI to plant seeds and cover his back.

I just watched the video interview of Madeline’s mum - that was a strange watch -the POI came across as really controlling in that video - I wouldn’t take seriously what she said regarding ‘we drove’ ‘we dropped her’ the likelihood is that he gave her a story to tell and IMO she’s frightened of him so when he’s sat directly behind her she doesn’t have much choice not to follow it.

PS I really do hope she’s just ran away and is taking refuge somewhere - if so I hope she has some way of contacting the outside world so she knows she’s safe now this monster can’t abuse her anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nocturnalmeee