Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How did she look from the laptop when it was disposed of by SS in the dumpster at around 7.45
Apologies if I missed it, but can someone please post a link where JS actually says she looked through the school laptop that SS had tossed in the dumpster Monday morning?

Given the slew of confusing and often somewhat contradictory info we’ve gotten over this past week, I definitely might’ve just missed something. But considering the massive implications behind the claim that JS looked through a laptop that had already been turned off and dumped before Madeline was even known to be missing and after she was already dead no less, I definitely want to make sure it’s accurate an one.

The most I’ve seen her say on the topic comes from this interview, which I’ve gone ahead and snipped & partially transcribed with timestamps for relevance below.

Added emphasis is my own.
@ 1:43 Interviewer: Have you heard from any of her friends? Has she been active on any social media?
JS: She hasn't been active on social media, none of her chats, none of her games. We did contact all her friends, none of them had seen her Monday or heard from her.

@ 2:03 Interviewer: And I have to ask this, and I hate doing it, but is she the type that would run away? Has this happened in the past?

JS: Never, she's never ever mentioned anything like this before, and she's not the type to want to do this. @ 2:22
She did accidentally leave her phone on Monday, which is kind of normal for her, she’s got ADHD and very forgetful. So she left her phone at home so there’s no way to trace her. They tried tracing her school laptop, but that’s off so it’s not pinging to anything.

@ 2:43 Interviewer: What is your fear? Do you think she could have met somebody and tried to meet up with them?

JS: She’s open to us, she’s open with us about, you know, if she’s got a crush with anyone, and she told us she had a crush on someone at school, and I looked at their messages– nothing was weird. I looked at all of her messages, all of her deleted messages, nothing seemed weird. It didn’t seem like she was talking to anyone, so I don’t feel like that’s the case. I feel like she may have been taken, because this is not like her at all, to just disappear and not tell us, not let us know where’s she going or who she’s with.

@ 5:31 Interviewer: There's no way that she just, being a teenager, maybe had a fight with you, or an argument with you and was like, “You know what? I'm gonna go hang out at so and so's house and teach her a lesson.” Could that be a scenario?

JS: I don't believe so. We actually haven't gotten into a fight in, like, a few weeks, or arguments or anything like that. If anything, on Sunday she celebrated her 13th birthday with my entire family, and she had the best day. She was so happy, she showed us all her gifts. She’s just a happy girl, and she showed it on Sunday night. When she went to bed, she was so happy. She had the best day. @ 6:17
There was no moment in that evening, from when she got home from the party, that she had her phone or had the laptop– she went straight to getting ready and went to bed– so I know she didn't have any conversations with anyone, she didn't make plans with anyone. I didn't see any of that.

Interviewer: So she spent the whole Sunday celebrating her 13th birthday. Was her 13th birthday on that Sunday? Or that was just the time you guys were celebrating?

JS: That was the time we were celebrating, her birthday was on Thursday the 22nd, she just turned 13.

Unbeknownst to JS and the rest of us at the time, we now know the reality behind “She did accidentally leave her phone on Monday,” and that it wasn’t due to Madeline’s ADHD– or Madeline at all, but to SS being the monster he is. The same can be said for “They tried tracing her school laptop, but that’s off so it’s not pinging to anything.”

But overall this interview just reads as JS discussing the laptop in the context of not seeing Madeline use it or her phone after she got home from her birthday party Sunday night (which JS couldn’t attend due to work), and that it didn’t seem like she could’ve been communicating or trying to meet up with anyone, in response to the interviewer’s question.

So sorry for the lengthy response this kinda got away from me lol (am also sorry for accidentally clicking post before i was finished and then having to hastily edit this to be somewhat intelligible) **fixed the formatting so it wouldn’t be a huge wall of text sorry y’all :)

Last edited:
KISSIMMEE, Fla. - Stephan Sterns was a no-show for his first appearance in Osceola County court. His lawyer didn't want the judge reading out the charges.

Not sure I've seen the lawyer's reason before? Anyone else? The PCA is pretty descriptive and in everymedia outlet nationwide - cat's out of the bag?

Anyone seen this?
STEPHAN STERNS: Body language expert assesses Stephan Sterns' body language in Zoom interview with Jenn Soto

KISSIMMEE, Fla. - Stephan Sterns was a no-show for his first appearance in Osceola County court. His lawyer didn't want the judge reading out the charges.

Not sure I've seen the lawyer's reason before? Anyone else? The PCA is pretty descriptive and is in everymedia outlet nationwide - cat's out of the bag?
Maybe he doesn't want his future cellmates to hear all the details?

Of all the areas to dispose of her body, he left her seemingly in the open and easily discoverable. Grateful for this, but he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

This whole thing was incredibly sloppy, and wreaks to me of panic.

Dumping her backpack in the dumpster (obviously it’s going to be searched).

Her body being caught on camera within his vehicle.

The fact that she was apparently disposed of above ground.

He must have been thrilled when he heard about the alleged surveillance footage of her near the school. At best, that only delayed the inevitable though.

What a crybaby! Doesn't appear, lawyer doesn't want charges read in open court..... oh my, maybe he thinks he'll still have a rosy reputation in the court of public opinion. He's already been crucified and justifiably so, in the media.

He’s a coward
JMO

It is a little curious. The party wasn't on Maddie's actual birthday, it was a few days later. So why schedule it for a time that her mother was working?
I don't know what Maddie's mom did for a living but not everyone works a 9-5 job. People who work in the service industry, whether it's in the hospitality business, essential services like home care, medical facilities etc. all work hours that can change on a whim.

In regards to this guy working at Disney, unless there was another statement released, Disney merely said that he was not (currently) employed by them. This wouldn’t mean that he was not employed with them in the past, like he claimed.

I’ve seen plenty of evidence that he did work there.
I thought that he may have worked for his dad's company in Disney. But that he wasn't an actual employee of Disney but rather his dad's companies.

Ladies we have really got to stop letting just any man hang around our kids all the time, we gotta stop prioritizing "our man" over our kids.
<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
And women who are enjoying being a "Cougar" need to particularly wonder if he's attracted to them or their children.

I thought that he may have worked for his dad's company in Disney. But that he wasn't an actual employee of Disney but rather his dad's companies.
According to his posts, he claimed to be an “attractions cast member.” His knowledge was very detailed in this regard, so I think he was an actual employee. I’d like to know the circumstances under which he left if he did in fact work there.

MOO…
I thought it was weird the Mom placed the emphasis on that the party was with “her” family… wonder if there was bad blood between Mom & Grandma. Also seemed to be alluded to when she said she drove around Grandma’s office but didn’t seemingly make contact with anyone.

Grandma hosts a “family” party when she knows Mom is working? SS brings her and hangs around.

IF MOM IS INNOCENT… I’m not convinced Mom saw her that night… it makes more sense to me that she’s relaying what SS told her about Maddie going to bed. Rumor is mom worked nights.

Timeline makes more sense to be:

Early evening dinner party with “family” - SS in attendance
Goes home to get ready for bed with SS - something happens
Mom comes home in the early morning hours from work
SS tells her to go to bed, she’s tired, he’ll take care of Maddie and get her off to school
SS uses this time to clean up, everything know LE saw on camera
Mom’s asleep - uses “we” language in early interviews to cover up how much SS is around her daughter - minimizes damage for custody issues/relationship with “family” later on once daughter is found
Mom wakes up in time to pick Maddie up from school - she’s not there and Mom takes time to look for her first and wait for the teacher to respond to the email - unsure when/if she would get a robo-call about attendance

This is all predicated on Mom actually telling the truth about not knowing anything which is 50/50 to me at this point.

Again MOO
We
I wonder if there was a catalyst for him to take this a step further and kill her. If he had been abusing her for a while, why do it now? Did she threaten to tell? Or was there a pregnancy? Did she fight back and he felt like he had no choice?

Why now, days after her 13th

This was a longer version of the mother talking, and the bf behind her monitoring what she said and his creepy hand movements. Mother says Madeline was evaluated by two different drs. One dr. said she had autistic traits, but didn't actually diagnose autism, and the other one didn't say so.

Why I mention this is it seems there was concern about Madeline at that time... what prompted Mom to want to have her evaluated? I imagine bf wouldn't want Madeline talking, and maybe spilling anything that might've been going on with him taking advantage of this young girl's vulnerability.

(MOO here-- If he was abusing her before the day he killed her, which seems likely, then Madeline must've been being groomed and constantly told to not tell. His killing her might indicate he felt threatened it was going to come out.)

I want to hear what the grandmother and other family members perceived of him. Mom talks as though she, herself, was at that birthday party, but she wasn't. Later she includes that she heard about it and that Maddy told her all about the presents she got. It all matters because apparently that night SS killed this young girl, and dumped the body early the next morning. :(

So the timeline is quite confusing. Where was the mother when SS took this precious girl’s life?? Was she sleeping in the house? Was she already at work? The dumpster video is from 7:15 am ish so it’s baffling to think this assault/murder happened while the mother was potentially home??

So the timeline is quite confusing. Where was the mother when SS took this precious girl’s life?? Was she sleeping in the house? Was she already at work? The dumpster video is from 7:15 am ish so it’s baffling to think this assault/murder happened while the mother was potentially home??
Exactly. He supposedly picked her up, but the timing provided by the video is way too early. I think it had to have happened at home.

According to his posts, he claimed to be an “attractions cast member.” His knowledge was very detailed in this regard, so I think he was an actual employee. I’d like to know the circumstances under which he left if he did in fact work there.
Disney must be getting sick of people claiming they worked there, It's like he took a page right out of Casey Anthony's book.

The thing that keeps standing out to me about this case is that apparently SS had been abusing Maddie for quite some time but she either never told anyone or she did and no one was able to help her.

I know the former happens, but I still find it tragic and heartbreaking in this day and age.
There's a list as long as your arm here on WS where single mothers have boyfriends who murdered their child, and helped them get rid of the body. It seems that some parents overlook the abuse because it's more important that their own needs are being met. In many cases there's a lot of gnashing of teeth and overly dramatic displays of emotion but thankfully they are so messy getting rid of the body they get found out fairly quickly. It seems like there's script somewhere that some people follow. It must be titled "Needs Must When the Devil Drives".

Edited: I am not suggesting this is what happened here but it is depressingly common. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper