FL - Man admits mutilating, killing family dog

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Matthew Foote has a trial date:

Trial set for man who admitted torturing, killing family dog

"....Matthew O. Foote of Gulf Breeze, 25, is due back in court on Nov. 2 for a docket appearance. Jury selection is to begin Nov. 15...."

more at link

I sure do wish they'd check out the "evil people" Matthew was visiting over in Louisiana. Not a mention of them at all. Killing a pet is awful, criminal, and morally reprehensible. Torturing and killing it in a "ritual" manner truly needs to be thoroughly investigated, IMO, concerning all the precipitating factors. This just cannot be a lone incident of "dabbling" and it doesn't sound like a psychotic break by all accounts. I keep going back to the dates presented in my Post #6 upthread. Given the crime, the statements made by Foote AND the dates, how can a ritual killing be discounted?

I just checked the Santa Rosa County Clerk's page for Foote and he has past charges of MIP, possession of tobacco products by a minor, and a speeding ticket. That's all I found.

Also, concerning him possibly wearing something different in his mug shot than the neighbor saw, that's certainly possible. Often, perps are required to change as their clothing is taken into evidence. Being that he'd killed the family pet in a gruesome manner and might have still been wearing the same shirt, that could explain the change. JMO

There are some discrepancies here. First, Foote's birthday (as logged on his arrest report) is January 28, 1985. His full name is Matthew Oromonde Foote aka Matthew Orn Foote. October 21st is the last docket call so maybe they confused that on the Vinelink info here:

Matthew O. Foote
Offender ID: L87875
Date of Birth: 10/21/1986
Custody Status: Community Supervision
Reason: Under Supervision
Date: 07/22/2010
Race: White

Secondly, it looks as if he was initially arrested on Aug. 1st for Sasha's murder (so I'm not understanding the July 22nd date on Vinelink--that would pre-date his arrest), released on his own recognizance on Aug. 6th, discovery was presented to the court on Aug. 27th, and a cash bond of $10,000 was made on Sept. 8th. On Oct. 21st, the court was notified that a claim of insanity had been made.

If I'm missing something, please amend this. I'm not familiar with Florida's system.

Also, according to the arrest record here:

http://video.onset.freedom.com/srpgazette/l6kw3h-matthewfootearrestreport.pdf

Sasha was killed on Sunday, Aug. 1st and Foote was arrested the same day. Upthread, Daisy7 related a neighbor's timeline. No doubt the neighbor did see LE on the property on both days as they were investigating. But it appears that Foote was arrested at around 7:30 pm on Sunday, Aug. 1st. It's been reported that the parents were at mass. I'm assuming Sunday morning mass. They must have looked for their dog all day and Matthew must have confessed in the evening, when the dad called 911.

I wonder what the discovery was, if it was connected to a letter from the "Lakeview Center" logged on Sept. 7th, and why the family put up $10,000 bond if he's so tremendously unstable.

July 2011:

Acquitted by Reason of Insanity

https://www.civitekflorida.com/ocrs/app/search.xhtml

Just wanted to point out that LE will often release a person's driving licence picture to the press instead of a mugshot. I've seen it happen in other cases, eg. Abigail Hanna recently. Everyone was saying she must be either evil or insane because she's grinning in her mugshot, but it turned out it wasn't a mugshot.

Also, his parents may have posted bond even though he is mentally ill and possibly dangerous because they thought jail was not the best place for him to be helped. They may have posted bond and then taken him to a psychiatric hospital to be assessed and tested. It doesn't necessarily mean he was "faking it". JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
culley2821
Back