FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
45 runs parallel to 13th so you mean 41 (Hillsborough) instead right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Right, I actually had 41 and changed it to 45 after seeing what Tom wrote and glancing at google earth which shows Nebraska is 45 and its marked at the corner of Neb and 41 so yeah 41, Hillsborough Ave.

South on 13th then cuts over where? Which direction? I also thought he went north for some reasom

That we don't know. But if the Shadowlawn theory is correct, we can get a much better idea of where he actually lives.

I haven't re-watched the press conference to double-check this, but yesterday I noticed that LE seems to emphasize the perp hits a switch, or flips a switch....using that as a description as part of his actions. I don't know if he was referring to the phone or the perp's personality or both....but to me, it seemed like he was describing a personality.

Anyone else catch that?

I'm going back to watch again.

jmo

epicenter.jpg

I've posted a potential area before, but the new info about him heading west on Shadowlawn I think is useful.

That we don't know. But if the Shadowlawn theory is correct, we can get a much better idea of where he actually lives.
In your opinion based on what we know do you think he could potentially live somewhere south of east lake ave above east 21st between north 34th st and north 22nd st?

locals this is is the location of the video footage released of the suspect. that the suspect at the time of the video was walking west on shadowlawn toward nebraska.

https://www.google.com/maps/@27.993...4!1soozi2FhOOZvSemjIE5VJdQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

also. i keep getting confused about what roads you are trying to talk about. i didn't even know they had state road numbers! the north south road is Nebraska. The east west road at the northern boundary of the neighborhood is hillsborough.

How positive are you this is where the footage came from?

Edit: looking again at the video I think you're right, probably the pawn shop there. Scratch the church parking lot guess from last night.

epicenter.jpg

This map to me is the most likely area where he lives based on what I know about the area.

My brother and good friend, as well as several other friends, live in this area.

His posture is so straight, which is something to notice in a young person who often slouch. Some have mentioned military, another mentioned back surgery...but what came to my mind is an athlete or even a dancer.

To me, the posture as well as the gait stands out.

jmopinion

http://wusfnews.wusf.usf.edu/post/seminole-heights-killer-developing-profile
[h=1]Seminole Heights Killer: Developing A Profile[/h] By Hafsa Quraishi • 6 minutes ago
We don’t often see serial killers selecting victims completely at random,” said Fox. “(They) often like to pre-select their victims because that’s something they get a lot of enjoyment out of.” Fox compared serial killers picking their victims to how one would pick and plan out their vacation; the Seminole Heights shooter is operating in a way that is akin to going to the airport and choosing the next flight out.

The victims also vary in terms of race, age, and gender, which are critical demographics law enforcement tend to see are normally steady among serial killers.

“(Serial killers) tend to pick a type and then stay with that type across their victims,” said Fox. “We’re not seeing that in this case.”
Fox says that most serial killers are motivated by a sense of powerlessness over their own life.

“They’re trying to regain some power and control in how they feel about themselves and the most extreme way to do that is by taking the life of another,” said Fox.

She also encourages people in and outside of Seminole Heights to exercise caution, because the killer may change his tactics

Seminole Heights killer reward nears $100K as new video released
Published on Nov 16, 2017
There's renewed fervor in the investigation into three killings in SE Seminole Heights after a fourth person became a victim early Tuesday morning.
[video=youtube;BEALYT1PYPQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEALYT1PYPQ[/video]
http://wgno.com/2017/11/16/life-in-the-shadow-of-a-killer-on-the-loose/

‘I just can’t sleep’

In the past month, police have swarmed the Seminole Heights neighborhood. Dugan and other Tampa officials have advised residents not to go outside alone, to be alert, to keep porch lights on at night and to set up cameras that might capture suspicious activity.
Haynes said he has kept his lights on at night and noted that streetlights have been on as well. Police drive by every 15 to 20 minutes, and he also has seen officers on bicycles and horseback.
“We all appreciate the heavy police coverage,” he said. “This is unusual for this community. This is a low-crime area.”
With such high stakes and so few answers, some residents have embarked on their own investigating. Reginald Pringley, 58, said he can’t sleep because of the killings, so he took it upon himself to use his “criminal mind” and investigate what he thought might be the killer’s steps.

Pringley found discarded socks in an alley nearby and told police about them, hoping they might lead to a break in the case, he told CNN.

“I think that he ran down the alley and was changing clothes,” he said.
rbbm

This info about west on shadowlawn comes from where? I'm trying to keep up.

Almost 100%. There are not many places with surveillance cameras in that area with parking lots like the video released by Tampa PD. It is just north of the incident and the police confirmed it was captured moments before the shooting.

Almost 100%. There are not many places with surveillance cameras in that area with parking lots like the video released by Tampa PD. It is just north of the incident and the police confirmed it was captured moments before the shooting.

Gotcha, I agree. And welcome to WS

This is the quote that stands out to me from Wed's press conference, bbm:

"It's clear to me that this person is able to flip a switch and go out there and murder somebody."

Why describe him that way? There are hundreds of ways to talk about a suspect's demeanor, appearance, etc, and the LEO seemed deliberate with this description about "flipping." To me, this is telling especially in conjunction with what looks like a flip phone in the suspect's hand.

He goes from walking casually down the street turning into a killer and then turns into someone who disappears. Perhaps the suspect also does this "quick turn" behavior in other aspects of his life too, which people who know him might recognize as unique (and probably annoying). Or maybe it's part of the suspect's job to be able to quickly react like that - an athlete in competition, rescue worker, military, guard, etc.??

I don't think the chief used his words lightly - I think he chose them carefully.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/15/us/seminole-heights-tampa-serial-killer-video.html.

Jmopinion at the moment.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/l...ole-heights-community-about-missing-dead-pets

The name in the article is common, but assuming they are the owner. The resident in the article either lives on Shadowlawn or N Olney Ave.

attachment.php

Attachments

• sem.jpg
    sem.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 143
His posture is so straight, which is something to notice in a young person who often slouch. Some have mentioned military, another mentioned back surgery...but what came to my mind is an athlete or even a dancer.

To me, the posture as well as the gait stands out.

jmopinion

A dancer comes to mind when he runs, practically leaping into the air with footwear that is almost reminiscent of dance shoes, even a pair of socks!
Twirling the phone/gun? like it was a baton.
Conversely, maybe the straight back is due to some form of protective vest, or, back to the socks- maybe his torso is iron straight due to constriction caused by layers/change of clothing underneath his coat?
imo, speculation.

This is the quote that stands out to me from Wed's press conference, bbm:

"It's clear to me that this person is able to flip a switch and go out there and murder somebody."

Why describe him that way? There are hundreds of ways to talk about a suspect's demeanor, appearance, etc, and the LEO seemed deliberate with this description about "flipping." To me, this is telling especially in conjunction with what looks like a flip phone in the suspect's hand.

He goes from walking casually down the street turning into a killer and then turns into someone who disappears. Perhaps the suspect also does this "quick turn" behavior in other aspects of his life too, which people who know him might recognize as unique (and probably annoying). Or maybe it's part of the suspect's job to be able to quickly react like that - an athlete in competition, rescue worker, military, guard, etc.??

I don't think the chief used his words lightly - I think he chose them carefully.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/15/us/seminole-heights-tampa-serial-killer-video.html.

Jmopinion at the moment.

Quoting myself!

I also noticed in the press conference that the chief called out for people to do the right thing and to come forward with a name. To me, this indicates the suspect is connected to a family or community....connected to people who would do the right thing, as opposed to a group who avoids LE, for example. I don't think this suspect is a drifter or on the run, but someone with a family and from an established mainstream community.

total speculation, jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members