FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are flip phones still on the market?

If not, when was the last year they were made? Anyone know? Or, can you still get new ones?

jmo

My mother-in-law and my mother both refuse to upgrade to a smart phone. They still have flip phones through Verizon Wireless. Pretty sure they are both less than 2 years old, so I think flip phones are still available.

There's also been talk locally about him potentially utilizing the sewer system. I would like to learn more about this. It's interesting that the movie It debuted in September and was still in theaters when the shootings began. For those that don't know, the killer clown in the film uses the sewer system to move around the community he's terrorizing. Was the perp inspired? Seems like a stretch, but who knows.

The sewer system in Tampa is nothing like the movie IT. There are some manhole access areas, but no open areas that would allow you to maneuver around the city.

Are flip phones still on the market?

If not, when was the last year they were made? Anyone know? Or, can you still get new ones?

jmo

The killer is not carrying a "flip phone" he is flipping a smartphone.

Wish I could give all that are living this nightmare a hug. :grouphug: I hope they catch him ASAP!

This is all moo, of course. My gut tells me this is a male because of the lack of breadth of hip, has long feet, confident strut, show-off style of phone manipulation, long running stride, lean build. I do not see any injury-related evidence in his gait at all. I see a nimble athlete....someone that is nimble & with low body fat. Most of the best male athletes in my family were slightly pigeon-toed, built thin and carried themselves with great posture.
I agree, and many athletes are known to be pigeon toed. After hearing the description that arose from the 4th killing I am able to easily picture this man fitting that when going back and watching the videos. That is also based off only my own opinion, but I believe the mannerisms to be most comparable to a male more than anything else.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think the cross dressing might be important/

It would explain why the walk is generating leads as far as we know/

The are def clothes that make it hard to determine - the jacket certainly imo is not masculine!!

I also think he/she will be bright , articulate --

The sewer system in Tampa is nothing like the movie IT. There are some manhole access areas, but no open areas that would allow you to maneuver around the city.

Right and wouldn’t the scent-dogs used lead LE right to the sewer covers and signal?

Yeah, I would think it's highly unlikely, but for whatever reason there's been some chatter about it. Maybe people just had the film in their minds when they were speculating about how he could disappear so quickly.

or perhaps a release from track team due to injury. Maybe loss of scholarship too?
I agree with the observations that the shooter seems young - between 17-25, possibly military trained, and possibly trans-gendered. Their appears to be a limp in their gait - like a hip injury on the left side. Also one video appears that the right foot is inwardly rotated -pigeon toed, so possibly an injury on the right foot/ankle that causes an extended stride on the left. The gait has both masculine and feminine traits. I also see what appears to be very defined pectoral muscles and/or breast tissue. The shooter is wearing a hat with a hood over it. It almost appears in the video like a hijab, even though the actual items are western clothing. Some of the stills taken from the video appear very feminine in posture, but some of the gestures with the flip phone are more masculine. I took one still from the video that looks like a female figure with narrow waist, breast tissue, wider hips. It's confusing. Someone mentioned maybe trained in another country's military, and I wondered about that too. Maybe a recent Military discharge due to injury?

Yeah, I would think it's highly unlikely, but for whatever reason there's been some chatter about it. Maybe people just had the film in their minds when they were speculating about how he could disappear so quickly.

I think it's unlikely. The perp doesn't look like someone who would crawl into a sewer. His clothes look put together and tidy - not like something that literally was in the gutter.

jmopinion

[video=youtube;qyfTvCg_M90]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyfTvCg_M90[/video]

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/1...uspect-in-four-seminole-heights-killings.html
attachment.php

I don't know if it has been mentioned already, if so, sorry to repeat.. but this is the first time I got on this thread and looked at the video.. My observation immediately, you notice there is a strange upright sort of stiff walk. After playing it a couple of times looks to me like the person is slight pigeon toed and his left foot in the front faces in more.. you really notice it when the video turns in color.

[video=youtube;ReFwACueNZs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReFwACueNZs[/video]

omg never mind what I wrote I just noticed someone wrote it not to far above what I wrote!

omg never mind what I wrote I just noticed someone wrote it not to far above what I wrote!

Don't worry it happens a lot, it just goes to show that many posters share your observations!

Chief Dugan has said he is not using the sewer to get around and has asked for that myth not to be spread.

I can't even believe it would be a question. The sewers there, unless you get in a manhole usually aren't big enough for a teenager or adult to climb into. I've lived in several parts of Tampa and in St.Petersburg and I think I've only seen one or two that had a wide enough space for anyone but a small child to climb into.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

if posted sorry

he was talking to his brother right before he was gunned down

[video=youtube;pdX_IBUkvp0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdX_IBUkvp0[/video]

In the videos he is looking around him as he walks, and intermittently checking his phone. It's as if he's looking at his phone to blend in, but he might be looking for random victims as he walks. Where is he carrying the gun and how does he pull it out so fast? So he sees someone and shoots the first person he sees and runs away. Maybe the first one was a gang initiation (or some impulsive act) but since he got away with it he decided to see if he could do it again? Also, he's walking like he's got flip flops on - how does he run away with flip flops on? When he's running away his arm/left and is not moving - is he holding the gun in his pocket with his left hand? Does that mean he's left handed?

This is all moo, of course. My gut tells me this is a male because of the lack of breadth of hip, has long feet, confident strut, show-off style of phone manipulation, long running stride, lean build. I do not see any injury-related evidence in his gait at all. I see a nimble athlete....someone that is nimble & with low body fat. Most of the best male athletes in my family were slightly pigeon-toed, built thin and carried themselves with great posture.

I agree with you on this. My best guess is that the suspect is a 19-24 year-old male (based on his clothing and projected demeanor). I don't see breasts or overly defined pectoral muscles. I see a tall, lanky, and toned young man. I agree he has a very distinct gait, but I don't think it's the result of any injury or medical issue. All I see is an overly confident and arrogant swagger. The video that shows him running reinforces my belief that he's a young, fit male. I think he had the hand in his pocket to keep his gun from falling out or his pants from falling down. Also, I don't think he's using a flip phone. I think he's flipping the phone over to keep his adrenaline-fueled idle hand busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCSouthtrust