FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you on this. My best guess is that the suspect is a 19-24 year-old male (based on his clothing and projected demeanor). I don't see breasts or overly defined pectoral muscles. I see a tall, lanky, and toned young man. I agree he has a very distinct gait, but I don't think it's the result of any injury or medical issue. All I see is an overly confident and arrogant swagger. The video that shows him running reinforces my belief that he's a young, fit male. I think he had the hand in his pocket to keep his gun from falling out or his pants from falling down. Also, I don't think he's using a flip phone. I think he's flipping the phone over to keep his adrenaline-fueled idle hand busy.
Also, the witness in the murder of the 4th victim Ronald Felton identified the killer as a man. The suspect in the video captured that morning, looks very similar to other videos released.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What kind of pants is he wearing? Skinny jeans?

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

In the videos he is looking around him as he walks, and intermittently checking his phone. It's as if he's looking at his phone to blend in, but he might be looking for random victims as he walks. Where is he carrying the gun and how does he pull it out so fast? So he sees someone and shoots the first person he sees and runs away. Maybe the first one was a gang initiation (or some impulsive act) but since he got away with it he decided to see if he could do it again? Also, he's walking like he's got flip flops on - how does he run away with flip flops on? When he's running away his arm/left and is not moving - is he holding the gun in his pocket with his left hand? Does that mean he's left handed?

He does a quick & complicated phone maneuver with his **right** hand.

Also, this killer has long feet which may indicate long toes.....if he is wearing flip flops, long toes will secure them. When I ran track and did **hurdles**, my shoes were so thin as to be considered a “sneaker sock”.
They were very close to running barefooted & that is a desired trend for some.

Sounds crazy i dont know about plenty of fish of Grindr gives you the exact location of the people around you.

He might have used it to find victims?

There has been reference to dating apps ?

Also, the witness in the murder of the 4th victim Ronald Felton identified the killer as a man. The suspect in the video captured that morning, looks very similar to other videos released.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

with the dainty walk and their problem finding him i think the notion that it is a man that cross dresses or woman that does so to confuse getting caught

fake facial hair ??

two were gay - and female might have been two as far as we know

the older man might have just been to throw off LE

just speculating the reasons why his her gait has not resulted in folks calling in for the 100K --

drag queens often exaggerate the feminine attributes when in drag drama drama drama

could be the first one was something drag related (ladies and gentleman you do not mess with a drag queen! They can hiss!!!

and then he found out he liked killing or it could be cross dressing in secret that was discovered

we gotta figure out why his gait has not got him caught

the most logical answer to that is gender flipping IMO?

He does a quick & complicated phone maneuver with his **right** hand.

Also, this killer has long feet which may indicate long toes.....if he is wearing flip flops, long toes will secure them. When I ran track and did **hurdles**, my shoes were so thin as to be considered a “sneaker sock”.
They were very close to running barefooted & that is a desired trend for some.

Yes i remember that being said.

While showing the videos, Dugan pointed out the person flipping their phone while walking and called it significant.

http://wfla.com/2017/10/26/tampa-police-to-release-new-video-from-seminole-heights-murders/

Yes i remember that being said.

While showing the videos, Dugan pointed out the person flipping their phone while walking and called it significant.

http://wfla.com/2017/10/26/tampa-police-to-release-new-video-from-seminole-heights-murders/

We've talked about the possibility of a basketball player upthread. Basketball players have great hand skills. I know I wouldn't be able to flip a phone around without dropping it, especially while walking! They also run fast, have quick reflexes, and usually are tall.

I'm keeping basketball player on my list.

jmopinion at the moment

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/semi...e-chief-calls-seminole-heights-home/492974865
jane-castor_1511065460384_11733952_ver1.0.jpg
(Photo: WTSP)

TAMPA, Fla. – Jane Castor spent 31 years working in law enforcement — six of them as Tampa’s top cop.
She hasn’t worn the badge or her midnight-blue uniform since her retirement in 2015, but the former police chief finds herself right in the middle of what has become one of the city’s biggest unsolved crimes: the murders in Seminole Heights.
Since the murders, has she considered moving?
"Absolutely not," Castor answered resoundingly
Though retired, Castor says she's still curious, still tries to remain connected with what's happening with the investigation. She might not be privy to day-to-day developments but that still hasn't stopped residents from coming to her with tips, questions and, of course, their own theories.

"You can take the police officer out of the uniform but you can’t take the police officer out of the person," she said laughing.

"Having it occur in a neighborhood I’ve lived in my entire adult life really brings it home.”
Is it an embarrassment for the department that the most recent murder was able to occur even with police saturating the neighborhood? No, she says, but there's no doubt it's frustrating.

"I can tell you I feel for the mayor, the chief and all the men and women of the Tampa Police Department because this is very, very personal to them," Castor said. "It's not for a lack of trying."

<modsnip>

2015-Black-New-Fashion-Cosplay-Mens-Streetwear

This is an unusual jacket perp is wearing. It is extremely long and I found this by googling Hip Hop styles.

View attachment 126671

2015-Black-New-Fashion-Cosplay-Mens-Streetwear

This is an unusual jacket perp is wearing. It is extremely long and I found this by googling Hip Hop styles.

very popular to be worn with tight leggings/sweatpants and shower shoes (slip-on).

A suggestion came my way concerning squatters in and around Tampa and considering the shooters pussy-footed ways, wondering if the perp tucks away into homes that are not necessarily abandoned, but the owners are away?

Could the perp even be angry and seeking revenge on the neighbourhood due to a squatter who was shot by a resident?
imo, speculation.
http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-news/deputies-homeowner-shot-squatter-in-self-defense
Jan 10 2017 09:51AM EST SARASOTA (FOX 13) - The sound of gunshots pierced the silence along Constitution Boulevard in Sarasota Sunday afternoon, shattered the nerves of residents.

"I just can't imagine how scared and freaked out they must have been," neighbor Pam Zeck said. "There have been minor break-ins and things like that since I've lived here, but never anything like this."

Sarasota County deputies said a family came home from a weekend trip and found Glenn Oliver inside their home. Oliver allegedly threatened the family with a baseball bat, and that's when the homeowner pulled out a gun, shooting the intruder in self-defense.

[video=youtube;4XlhzmAhJSg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=65&v=4XlhzmAhJSg[/video]

...wondering if the perp tucks away into homes that are not necessarily abandoned, but the owners are away?.....

It's possible. If so, and he's otherwise homeless or lives an itinerant lifestyle, maybe that explains why he wasn't identified in the police's "door-to-door" campaign and why the latest killing involved a man connected to a food pantry. Since many of his previous advantages have been stripped away (abandoned homes boarded up, overgrowth cut away, increased lighting, police on virtually every corner stopping to question anyone walking alone, etc.), perhaps he was forced to select a less random target in the community and knew someone like Felton would be arriving early to set up the pantry because he had used it before?

I've had the impression that this 4th killing was not really his preferred M.O. It worked out for him, but the location was a little more commercial/exposed and led to an eyewitness account. He also had to switch to the early morning to sustain his cover of darkness since police presence in the evening was suffocating.

Police should already have a trusted member of the community or a celebrity volunteer to take anonymous tips.
Not that it would really change people who really distrust law enforcement.
They aren't stupid and aren't going to fall for any stunts.

I do have to say, I think if this were a gang member going off on his own and putting
"slugs" in people, getting caught on camera etc.
They would dispose of him for bringing "the heat" on them in terms of all the various departments there trying to shake everyone out.
I could be wrong

MOO

Tonight at 8:00 PM we welcome Sheryl McCollum to discuss the Tampa Bay Killer.

You know Sheryl is not one to be shy when expressing her opinions on anything, especially true crime.

Also, Websleuths members CarlK and ICE190 discuss how they were able to untangle the case of Strongsville Jane Doe

CLICK HERE to listen live tonight 8:00 PM Eastern for Websleuths Radio. If you miss the live show no worries, the link is good for anytime you want to listen to Websleuths Radio

WFLA News Channel 8

Published on Nov 19, 2017 Tampa police chief discusses Seminole Heights investigation with News Channel 8
[video=youtube;50UrHZw8bsU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50UrHZw8bsU[/video]

many of the homes in SH and along the reported escape routes have tiny sheds in the backyards. it's reported that LE has looked in these but I wonder if perp could be hiding in them intermintently and leaving no traces of his presence.
It's possible. If so, and he's otherwise homeless or lives an itinerant lifestyle, maybe that explains why he wasn't identified in the police's "door-to-door" campaign and why the latest killing involved a man connected to a food pantry. Since many of his previous advantages have been stripped away (abandoned homes boarded up, overgrowth cut away, increased lighting, police on virtually every corner stopping to question anyone walking alone, etc.), perhaps he was forced to select a less random target in the community and knew someone like Felton would be arriving early to set up the pantry because he had used it before?

I've had the impression that this 4th killing was not really his preferred M.O. It worked out for him, but the location was a little more commercial/exposed and led to an eyewitness account. He also had to switch to the early morning to sustain his cover of darkness since police presence in the evening was suffocating.

I wonder if LE knows who it is now. I cannot imagine that someone does not know who he is unless he comes from much further away. I cannot imagine that somone whould not think s/he or a loved one could be shot.

LE may be watching to catch him.

With the computer program, at least the tips can be organized and dealt with.

It seems like usually when the perp is revealed on here, LE had received several tips about the perp.

many of the homes in SH and along the reported escape routes have tiny sheds in the backyards. it's reported that LE has looked in these but I wonder if perp could be hiding in them intermintently and leaving no traces of his presence.
They should issue free padlocks for all of them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member