FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
American serial killers have not needed ISIS. They have been quite competent and lethal all on their own.

"The internal info, dated Sept. 14, is from the Department of Homeland Security’s Southeast Florida Fusion Center. It also mentions calls for attacks in other cities, as well — including the Big Apple."

Snip

"Incidents involving lone wolf attackers have demonstrated the potential danger, lethality and effectiveness of a rehearsed small arms or knife attack that can be carried out by a single individual with little or no training,” one analyst said in the documents. “It also underscores the potentially higher consequences of an assault attack involving multiple operatives.”"

https://nypost.com/2017/09/15/isis-calls-for-lone-wolf-attacks-on-hurricane-relief-centers/

I think the gay issue has been brought up a lot cuz of the killer’s walk. At dirst no one was sure if he was male or female

If the killer was targeting gays, then that suggests the killer knew the sexual preference of his victims? I thought these murders were random.

If gang related yes, he is trying to prove himself to be a bad-*advertiser censored* gangsta.

If so someone knows and might rat him out for the reward money.

If he's trying to prove himself he's already succeeded. But would he stop, or keep going, after he's been admitted to a gang?

Snitches get stitches.

hmm indeed

The area of the shootings is in low crime area between two high crime areas, according to a Local News10 report (previously posted.
The area of the shooting is also between two high schools in terms of the awareness space concept. There aren't that many but one virtual shooting arcade not too far away. It's near where the recreational parks in Tampa are located. If he happens to work in one of those parks it may be one explanation of why he doesn't strike on weekends or holidays?

Missed you, Magz. Good to be back. Reminds me too a lot of NOCO.

http://www.wftv.com/news/local/moun...a-neighborhood-plagued-by-homicides/653069447
Nov 24 2017
Mounted police patrol Tampa neighborhood plagued by homicides
Police said the shootings, which happened within proximity of each other, weren't robberies and could be the work of a serial killer.

The mounted horse patrols in the neighborhood began Friday and will continue through the weekend
http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/Mounted-police-patrol-Seminole-Heights-after-killings_162960505

Attachments

• DPaoi8FUQAAUURP.jpg
    DPaoi8FUQAAUURP.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 274
Bringing attention back to thread #1 posts 388 and 389 by me and Raeann. Two points: 1) Tricia's podcast interview last night where the person she interviewed said it's like this killer is playing a video-game and just plain shooting, and 2) picking up your point about a favorite TV show. Maybe it's a favorite on-line friend to video game with.

I don't think that is such a wacky idea. To me, the video of the POI almost seems like the guy/girl is robotic, almost in a trans.

IMHO
KR
Reacher

Seeing all the pictures of the spooky, creepy alley ways, makes me think of zombies. Maybe in his mind he is killing zombies? Were all the victims shot in the head? Just a crazy thought! lol! I've probably watched too many seasons of The Walking Dead.

If he is targeting gay people, then this is a hate crime on top of a serial killer which would definitely be (as someone posted above), a pattern.

The heat is on right now. I think if he chances killing someone now he will likely be caught. He's going to have a longer cooling off period due to the presence of LE. Will he be able to control himself and not kill? Or will he simply move to a different neighborhood? The not knowing is the worst!

Not by any means a sketch or rendering, just playing with one screenshot's light/contrast/temp/ etc...

Full frontal.png
Screen Shot SH 2017-11-21 at 10.29.46 AM copy.png
Screen Shot SH 2017-11-21 at 10.37.49 AM copy 2x.jpg
1 eye & nose.png
Screen Shot SH 2017-11-21 at 10.37.49 AM copy.jpg

from here

[video=youtube;bFVgEZ1rZzU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFVgEZ1rZzU[/video]

orig profile neck.pngpossible profile neck and beard?
profile of lips car against reflection of car bumper.png of lips back lit off glaring car bumper
Screen Shot 2017-11-21 at 12.46.47 PM.png cheek bones, jawline
Screen Shot SH 5 2017-11-21 at 12.32.08 PM copy.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-21 at 12.32.08 PM.png

(Yaaaayyyyyyy, FindHG is back! Great to see you!! :happydance: )

(Article from October)

"Clint Van Zandt, a former FBI profiler and NBC News criminal analyst, said in the early days of an investigation like this, police try to rule out motives like drugs or robbery and hunt for anything the victims could have in common. They will comb through older crimes to see if any of them fit the pattern, and they will broaden the search beyond Tampa, he said.

Normally when something like this happens, a serial offender would start out in neighborhood or community he's comfortable in — a place he knows the way in and out — and that territory may expand as he becomes more emboldened," he said.

Enzo Yaksic, who tracks data on serial homicides at Northeastern University, said the indiscriminate nature of the shootings could point to gang initiation rituals, but could also be the handiwork of a modern serial killer.

"The recent crop of serial murderers with anger-based motives strive to exact revenge on society with quick bursts of violence often within a tight geographic area aimed at those readily available to them," he said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/grieving-dad-find-shooter-stalking-tampa-residents-n813291

attachment.php
possible profile neck and beard?
attachment.php
of lips back lit off glaring car bumper
attachment.php
cheek bones, jawline
attachment.php

attachment.php

That enhanced picture looks like Kevin Durant. You can make out the face vaguely. Should be able to make a decent composite sketch with it.

(Yaaaayyyyyyy, FindHG is back! Great to see you!! :happydance: )

Thank you, Magz. Great to be back! :loveyou:

Location, opportunity, timing to get away, vulnerable, unarmed, not associated with gangs for example, a gamers civilian as it were. I think the getting away with it, the hunt and retreat is part of the high for the perp, a big part, psyching up to it, feeling the power of his seeming spontaneous will to kill, always aware of the hunt and how to get away, and when those to things fit perfectly in his mind he strikes.

Here's more Pinocchio, MzOp. He seems to swivel his head from side to side always looking out, as his nose seems to either shine or be in the dark in intervals.

looking down at cell phone - full head of hair?.png the reflection of the device he's holding may be in effect here, lower out of the picture. He''s looking down at it at this moment.

Screen Shot 2017-11-21 at 12.31.16 PM.png

from the Tampa PD video as sourced upthread.

Could the perp possibly be wearing something on his head giving a false perception of his height?

Could the perp possibly be wearing something on his head giving a false perception of his height?

It seems possible he has a lot of hair wrapped tight pushed kind of to the back of his head, as his head covering creases seem full of something and consistent, and the space around his neckline seems devoid of hair. Maybe a wig, a hat or real hair that would make him look very different without his hood and jacket?

Thank you, Magz. Great to be back! :loveyou:

attachment.php

from the Tampa PD video as sourced upthread.

snipped!

Slightly O/T:
Am I the only one who is consistently disappointed (and frustrated!!!) by the low resolution of the security camera footage in recent cases? Heck, it's almost 2018, and while it's true that digital technology has allowed for cheaper buy-in and storage costs, the quality IMO still lags far behind what one might expect.

Of course, it's important to realize that the "original" un-compressed offline version is usually more detailed, or at least free of compression and upload artifacts, and the dpi/resolution of any particular camera factors into the overall quality and all, but still. . . I've seen better surveillance footage of Bigfoot!!

I hope that LE has high (or higher) resolution footage available to them.
:gaah::sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members