GUILTY FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
According to the arrest warrant they did not have bullet shell casings at the scene of the fourth murder nor did they have cell data. Could it be another perp working with him? I thought the guy in the RF looked shorter and different than the first--anyone else think that? Maybe it was the angle.

My "theory" was just a shot/thought due to MelbourneSleuth's post (se below) and HD's parents lawyer Ralph Fernandez's mysterious statement in the media saying something to the effect that when more info comes out it will change the whole case completely (quote and video link below).

HD's parents lawyer Ralph Fernandez's mysterious statement:
http://wfla.com/2017/12/01/tampa-at...-revealed-about-seminole-heights-murder-case/

"“There is a factor here that just completely changes the dynamics and at some time that will become public in the appropriate forum,” said Fernandez."

TBH, that's the job of defense attorneys - to throw out "red herrings" to distract the jury pool.

At this point, the defense attorney's job is to prevent his client from being sentenced to death. The red herring tactic was recently used with some success in the case of Craig Woods, who abducted, raped and killed Hailey Owens and was caught with her body in a tote bin in his basement. His defense drew out the trial process for 3 years and managed to convince a jury that he was taking meth and couldn't control himself. Not true, there was evidence of premeditation. Woods' attorneys were successful in getting a hung jury on the death penalty ruling. Woods parents payed big money to these lawyers to keep their son from receiving the DP. Same thing here, IMO.

I just saw them lifting that black raincoat/hoody out of the car--the one in the first video before BM's murder. eerie......http://wfla.com/2017/11/29/inside-t...at-is-donaldsons-motivation-for-killing-four/

Here is a link that dotr posted right after the arrest. It is nothing but the search of the car and you can see the LE officers look around when they pull the long hoodie out of one of the luggage bags. You can almost read their minds. "Are you seeing this? This guy kept his murder outfit in his car!!!"

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/scen...the-recent-seminole-heights-murders/495325594

Here is a link that dotr posted right after the arrest. It is nothing but the search of the car and you can see the LE officers look around when they pull the long hoodie out of one of the luggage bags. You can almost read their minds. "Are you seeing this? This guy kept his murder outfit in his car!!!"

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/scen...the-recent-seminole-heights-murders/495325594

Have they determined yet if he was getting ready to leave town? Sounds like he was going to take the evidence with him. He couldn't leave it at his parent's home.

According to the arrest warrant they did not have bullet shell casings at the scene of the fourth murder nor did they have cell data. Could it be another perp working with him? I thought the guy in the RF looked shorter and different than the first--anyone else think that? Maybe it was the angle.

What does RF stand for? Sorry. Not enough caffeine yet.

As far as no shell casings or cell phone data from the 4th murder, I think he picked up the casings and didn't take his cell phone with him. It would seem he was actively learning how to get better at murder. Just my opinion.

What does RF stand for? Sorry. Not enough caffeine yet.

As far as no shell casings or cell phone data from the 4th murder, I think he picked up the casings and didn't take his cell phone with him. It would seem he was actively learning how to get better at murder. Just my opinion.

RF stands for Ronald Felton

How do they tie him to the fourth murder? By bullets in the victim probably.

Have they determined yet if he was getting ready to leave town? Sounds like he was going to take the evidence with him. He couldn't leave it at his parent's home.

Hi Betty! Good to see you! I haven't come across anything that specifically states LE thinks he was going to leave town. I'm still looking for a link though because watching that video it looks like he was either: (1) Living out of the car.
(2) Leaving town. LE does think he gave the gun to the manager because he didn't want to get caught with the gun in his possession.

That is my guess. Plus the location and similar MO as the other three murders. Was there any CCTV video from Mr. Felton's murder?

I wonder what HD parents said to him when and if they saw him in jail. How can you tell your son you love him after you find out his is a serial killer? He needs to be told that he is a horrible person even by his parents. If not, he can be made to believe that anything he does is OK. Not that he will have an opportunity to do much more.....:jail:

I'd be crying my heart out. I would tell him I love him, but WTH were you thinking? My love for my son would not outweigh my feelings regarding his horrible murder spree. In my mind, there are no excuses. This young man knew right from wrong and he must accept the consequences of what he did, either death or life in prison w/o possibility of parole.

Seminole Heights murder suspect’s public defender talks about case

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – The public defender who represents accused Seminole Heights murderer Howell Donaldson III said it could take years to go through the tips, police reports and search warrants connected with the case.

Hillsborough County Public Defender Julianne M. Holt spoke to WFLA News Channel 8 in an exclusive interview about the case.

It is the first time that we’re hearing from someone who spoke directly with the suspected serial murderer, who is charged with four counts of first degree murder.

http://wfla.com/2017/12/04/seminole...-public-defender-has-large-team-working-case/

I'd be crying my heart out. I would tell him I love him, but WTH were you thinking? My love for my son would not outweigh my feelings regarding his horrible murder spree. In my mind, there are no excuses. This young man knew right from wrong and he must accept the consequences of what he did, either death or life in prison w/o possibility of parole.

I guess when his Dad said or Mom can't remember "I'll let God be God" they left it to whatever will be will be. In this case God's will or not, he is definitely not ever getting out. Being saved from the death penalty is all they can hope for. It is going to cost his parents a fortune as well as ruin them emotionally and possibly even ruin their business. What a tragedy for everyone. What right did he think he had to kill others.

Seminole Heights murder suspect’s public defender talks about case

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – The public defender who represents accused Seminole Heights murderer Howell Donaldson III said it could take years to go through the tips, police reports and search warrants connected with the case.

Hillsborough County Public Defender Julianne M. Holt spoke to WFLA News Channel 8 in an exclusive interview about the case.

It is the first time that we’re hearing from someone who spoke directly with the suspected serial murderer, who is charged with four counts of first degree murder.

http://wfla.com/2017/12/04/seminole...-public-defender-has-large-team-working-case/

Why do they have to go through the tips? What does that have to do with HD's case as no other person was identified.

Possibly because there was a witness to the 4th shooting.imo.
http://wfla.com/2017/11/14/tampa-pd-officers-responding-to-shooting-in-seminole-heights/
TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Tampa police say a witness was able to provide a description of a suspect who is believed to have shot a man from behind, killing him near a Seminole Heights church early Tuesday morning.
The crime scene is a few blocks away from a memorial that honors three people who were previously shot and killed in Seminole Heights.

Why do they have to go through the tips? What does that have to do with HD's case as no other person was identified.

I don't know. Looking for someone else to put the blame on and create reasonable doubt. Good luck with that though! He has tied himself to "the gun," lock, stock and barrel.

It is very sad. Mr. Donaldson certainly could have done very well in life without murdering 4 innocent people.

News Channel 8’s Amanda Ciavarri asked if Donaldson has anything he wants the public to know. Ms. Holt said it would be inappropriate for her to answer that at this time.

I wonder if he has a long list of "injustices" that he feels he has suffered.

Hmmmm... that article that Alireba posted is interesting in more ways than one.

1. Police sealed the scene, called in forensic investigators and began looking for Donaldson, who had walked to a nearby Amscot where he bought a $160 pre-paid MasterCard, according to the company.

He was talking about leaving Florida altogether. Where would $160 get him?

2. That’s where things stood about 2:30 p.m. Tuesday when Donaldson, a crew chief at a McDonald’s in Ybor City, handed a takeout bag to a supervisor and said something about getting out of Florida. Then he walked out.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...nd-it-Turns-out-the-gun-found-them-_163117628

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmb123
Back