FL - Mark Schwab facing execution for the '91 murder of Junny Rios-Martinez

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree with a previous poster, dead is dead.
If his execution is lethal injection under anesthesia, so be it. If that it what makes bleeding hearts sleep better at night, I don't have a problem with it.

If you live in the USA and enjoy all of the rights and priviledges that provides, you also have to be aware of the justice system, and the potential punishment for your actions. If you murder, there is a good chance you could be executed if you commit your crimes in a state that has capital punishment. And with most of these , this is not their first introduction into the justice system.

Executions are not pretty, and I'm sure the condemed can come up with an argument against any form. Maybe we should return to the days of a hanging out behind the courthouse - a well tied noose is very quick and efficient. Hell, I'll volunteer to pull the handle, kick the horse - whatever.

These cannot be rehabilitated. Why should they get more compassion than they show their victims?

http://www.wesh.com/news/16755955/detail.html

A former detective said he remembers the case like it was yesterday, including the moment when Schwab led him to the body of Junny Rios-Martinez -- and not even a minute later made an extraordinary request. He asked for a couple of Burger King Whoppers and a pack of smokes," Blubaugh said.
This was said as he was standing over the body of the boy he killed.

After reading this I am quite proud to count myself as one of the bloodthirsty.

I do not know Junny's mother's feelings on the matter, but I don't think it's safe to assume she would be in favor of more killing. I would be further crushed if more killing followed the killing of my child.

I believe I could repeat GW's words to Junny's mother. Given proper context and relationship, they do not seem hurtful or something that could not be said, so I guess I am trying to figure out where you're coming from with your question.

Well - actually I do know how his mother feels about it and have for about 15 years when I became Pro-Active in the movement for Victims Rights in the State of Florida and Junny's case was one of my very first eye-openers. Sorry that I was too hard for you to figure out where I was coming from though - hopefully this post will clarify for you as I was only wondering of Glitch could make such a statment to the victim's family and now I know that at least two members here are capable of such. So - we all learned a thing or two here in this thread and move on to the next case.

Thankfully, Vicki was also taking a strong stance to change the laws here instead of letting the death penalty "crush" her as it ends the life of the monster that played God with her little boy and the laws enacted as a result of her loss now gives more protection to our child victims and more severe penalties for the Monsters that can't help but to touch them........ Please forgive me, but there are more than enough Inmates for Floridians to keep footing the bill for, so I do tend to NOT enjoy having to do so for Special Ones that make it to the Row.

No Party. No Cheering. No arguing. This is what it is - Justice.....Long Over-Due.

16 years to say his goodbyes. a last meal of his choice. his family will get to be near him at his death. he can pray with a pastor one last time for his soul. he will be given a drug to put him to sleep before he is killed.

i wonder if we could give junny's mother the choice in her childs death what she would want. the cruel DP or her child raped by a grown man after he was beaten then tied up only to have his nightmare end with his abuser choking the life out of him.

This man raped and murdered a child!
I say the monsters "mother" failed somewhere along the way. Feel sorry for him all you want and feel sorry for his mother.

I bet you a million dollars this monster was not thinking of HIS OWN mother when he pulled the pants off this child and sodomized him. DO YOU THINK HE WAS THINKING OF HIS MOTHER???

Her son is also being murdered? WHAT? No, he is not being murdered, he is being punished for his crimes...his many many crimes against children.
Now, if you want to save him from the DP and take the chance he will be out again in a few years, write a letter to him giving him your address. Let him live near you and your family.

I will never ever understand how anyone could have warm fuzzy feelings for someone who kills children.

I haven't the first warm fuzzy for this person or any other that hurts children. never have, never will. But those of you that could turn your backs on your own children scare me.

16 years to say his goodbyes. a last meal of his choice. his family will get to be near him at his death. he can pray with a pastor one last time for his soul. he will be given a drug to put him to sleep before he is killed.

i wonder if we could give junny's mother the choice in her childs death what she would want. the cruel DP or her child raped by a grown man after he was beaten then tied up only to have his nightmare end with his abuser choking the life out of him.

Sad words, but so true. :(

I think that it is safe to say that she does not oppose the penalty dealt to the killer of her child.

I didn't ask GW if she would offend the mother.......only if she could repeat the same words if she was one on one looking into the eyes of a woman who had a son that was bratally raped and murdered.

If I were to be face to face with the mother of Junny OR the mother of this man, I'd give them the very deepest of my sympathies and love because they each had their child murdered. My views do not change based on who is standing before me, and I would venture to stop either one from being more hurt than they already are.

I agree with a previous poster, dead is dead.
If his execution is lethal injection under anesthesia, so be it. If that it what makes bleeding hearts sleep better at night, I don't have a problem with it.

If you live in the USA and enjoy all of the rights and priviledges that provides, you also have to be aware of the justice system, and the potential punishment for your actions. If you murder, there is a good chance you could be executed if you commit your crimes in a state that has capital punishment. And with most of these , this is not their first introduction into the justice system.

Executions are not pretty, and I'm sure the condemed can come up with an argument against any form. Maybe we should return to the days of a hanging out behind the courthouse - a well tied noose is very quick and efficient. Hell, I'll volunteer to pull the handle, kick the horse - whatever.

These cannot be rehabilitated. Why should they get more compassion than they show their victims?[/quote]

Nicely said:clap:Welcome to WS.

:clap:

IMO, you don't stop loving your children, period. You love your children unconditionally. I've only posted here a few times, but I do read quite a few of the threads, and it amazes me how some people here seem just as bloodthirsty as the criminals that they talk about, when they wish for long painful deaths for them. IMO, that solves nothing.

Welcome, truecrimefan. I hope you will post more!

Thank you for that link, sherri.

I read the link you mention. So, now that this woman says she can move on (I think she is mistaken and this will NOT help) it's now time for Shwab's mother to lose her son and begin (continue) HER years of grief as well. I guess misery loves company. I am truely sad for them all.

Well - actually I do know how his mother feels about it and have for about 15 years when I became Pro-Active in the movement for Victims Rights in the State of Florida and Junny's case was one of my very first eye-openers. Sorry that I was too hard for you to figure out where I was coming from though - hopefully this post will clarify for you as I was only wondering of Glitch could make such a statment to the victim's family and now I know that at least two members here are capable of such. So - we all learned a thing or two here in this thread and move on to the next case.

Thankfully, Vicki was also taking a strong stance to change the laws here instead of letting the death penalty "crush" her as it ends the life of the monster that played God with her little boy and the laws enacted as a result of her loss now gives more protection to our child victims and more severe penalties for the Monsters that can't help but to touch them........ Please forgive me, but there are more than enough Inmates for Floridians to keep footing the bill for, so I do tend to NOT enjoy having to do so for Special Ones that make it to the Row.

No Party. No Cheering. No arguing. This is what it is - Justice.....Long Over-Due.

Thank you for giving me the background of your relationship to Junny's family and this case. Now I do understand better where you were coming from. It is wonderful that she has had the courage and strength to walk through her suffering and become active in changing things for the better for others. That is beautful. I hope that the end of this matter will, as much as it can, help her find further peace and closure.

You would know better than me if GW's words would be bothersome to her. I still dont.

SCM your comparison about someone who kills their parents is comparing apples and oranges.
I am saying that someone who systematically rapes and tortures and kills another is almost always from a screwed up childhood.

Some of you seem to think that because some of us are not grieving over the loss of this that it means we are cheering or happy.
I personally am happy he will never harm another child. I just can't really work up much sympathy for this waste of a human.

As for the shock about turning our backs on our children.
I don't know whats so shocking or outrageous. If my child committed a crime like this I would never speak to them again. They would be disowned and could enjoy their prison time with out any support or help from me.
I can say this knowing that none of my children would do such a thing.

SCM your comparison about someone who kills their parents is comparing apples and oranges.
I am saying that someone who systematically rapes and tortures and kills another is almost always from a screwed up childhood.

Some of you seem to think that because some of us are not grieving over the loss of this that it means we are cheering or happy.
I personally am happy he will never harm another child. I just can't really work up much sympathy for this waste of a human.

As for the shock about turning our backs on our children.
I don't know whats so shocking or outrageous. If my child committed a crime like this I would never speak to them again. They would be disowned and could enjoy their prison time with out any support or help from me.
I can say this knowing that none of my children would do such a thing.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this! I hope neither of us ever finds ourselves in a situation where one of our children commit attrocities. I approach it from a there-but-for-the-grace-of-God standpoint.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this! I hope neither of us ever finds ourselves in a situation where one of our children commit attrocities. I approach it from a there-but-for-the-grace-of-God standpoint.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
It's easy to say what you would do until you find yourself in that situation.

Truly,

I am so sorry and saddened by what you went through as a child. I hope the ones who did this to you are not free today.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back