GUILTY FL - Markeis McGlockton, killed following parking dispute, Clearwater, 19 July 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

SeesSeas

FLORIDIAN
Reaction score
Michael Drejka Arrest Warrant 081318
How prosecutors decided to charge Michael Drejka, shooter in controversial stand your ground case
Updated: August 13, 2018 at 07:09 PM
Prosecutors on Monday decided to charge 48-year-old Michael Drejka with manslaughter in the fatal shooting of Markeis McGlockton, a major development in a case that has drawn national scrutiny over Florida’s stand your ground law.
A complaint filed with the arrest warrant provides key new details about the investigation so far.

Read the arrest warrant here.
[...]

That arrest warrant cleared up many things for me. Very helpful information, particularly regarding the distance between shooter and victim, the trajectory of the bullet, and the shooter's several previous incidents.

ETA oh yes! And how could I forget! The fact that another customer wanted to intervene on behalf of the woman in the car and instead alerted Markeis to what was happening. Very interesting information indeed.

Oops one more ETA
It's also interesting to me how the shooter described what he saw of the victim.

There is a defense fund for Mr Drejka and it's doing well. There is also a backlash building against the prosecutors. People are tired of high crime and violence from career criminals like MM.

I remember, but can't find it. a woman who was prosecuted even though it was self defense and she's suing the state since she was found not guilty. I hope Mr D gets rich off this.

Last edited:
Also interesting from the arrest warrant was Mr Kelly (from earlier parking altercation) saying that MD reached toward his center console.
From a link posted in the other thread,LE said MD kept his weapon in the center console.IMO

I doubt he will get more than a slap on the wrist if that. It won't be just... because Florida.
I do like that he may lose his ability to carry. IMO
It's all on video. He won't lose his right to carry because he was forced to defend himself. It's just that the state is wasting money and is wanting to waste Mr D's money. The state is just opening itself up to another expensive lawsuit for unjust prosecution. Thank goodness it's on video and is obviously self defense.

I remember, but can't find it. a woman who was prosecuted even though it was self defense and she's suing the state since she was found not guilty. I hope Mr D gets rich of this.
Here is the link to a Pinellas 2017 Stand Your Ground case where the woman was arrested, but she was not prosecuted.
She sat in jail for five months waiting for the state attorney's decision. 12/04/2017 NO INFORMATION FILED
She is not suing the state of FL.
She is suing Pinellas County Sheriff's Office.

Romano: This is the case that changed the way a sheriff looked at stand your ground
The story begins with the delivery of legal documents at the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office involving another stand your ground case from 2017.
Except in that case, an arrest was actually made.
And now the Sheriff’s Office is facing a lawsuit.
The two cases share little in common, other than a controversial Florida statute.
One late night in July 2017, Georgia Michielson says she was trying to barricade herself in the bedroom of her Seminole apartment because she was in fear of her husband, Bruce, who was drunk and had a lengthy history of abuse with her and other women.
With Bruce trying to push his way in from the other side, Georgia reached blindly around the door and stabbed him once in the chest with a knife.
Bruce died, and Georgia was hospitalized with a stroke. Several days later, as she was being discharged from the hospital, she was arrested on a charge of second-degree murder.
For five months, Georgia sat in a Pinellas County Jail while the State Attorney’s Office reviewed evidence and previous domestic violence claims.
[...]

It's all on video. He won't lose his right to carry because he was forced to defend himself. It's just that the state is wasting money and is wanting to waste Mr D's money. The state is just opening itself up to another expensive lawsuit for unjust prosecution. Thank goodness it's on video and is obviously self defense.

Could you please provide a link or something to support your assertion that the state "is wanting to waste Mr D's money?" Or just perhaps clarify if that's simply your opinion on the matter?
Thank you in advance.

Also, do we know Mr D will indeed be paying for his own defense?

I appreciate all clarification, thank you to anyone who can provide it; I just want to be clear, not argue :)

ETA I apologise, I see it was mentioned there are funds being raised, I failed to connect that to his defense--my bad. Thank you

Here is the link to a Pinellas 2017 Stand Your Ground case where the woman was arrested, but she was not prosecuted. She sat in jail for five months waiting for the state attorney's decision.
She is not suing the state of FL.
She is suing Pinellas County Sheriff's Office.

Romano: This is the case that changed the way a sheriff looked at stand your ground

The story begins with the delivery of legal documents at the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office involving another stand your ground case from 2017.
Except in that case, an arrest was actually made.
And now the Sheriff’s Office is facing a lawsuit.
The two cases share little in common, other than a controversial Florida statute.
One late night in July 2017, Georgia Michielson says she was trying to barricade herself in the bedroom of her Seminole apartment because she was in fear of her husband, Bruce, who was drunk and had a lengthy history of abuse with her and other women.
With Bruce trying to push his way in from the other side, Georgia reached blindly around the door and stabbed him once in the chest with a knife.
Bruce died, and Georgia was hospitalized with a stroke. Several days later, as she was being discharged from the hospital, she was arrested on a charge of second-degree murder.
For five months, Georgia sat in a Pinellas County Jail while the State Attorney’s Office reviewed evidence and previous domestic violence claims.
[...]
She is suing the entity that imprisoned her unjustly. For Mr D, that will be the prosecuter's office, which is probably a state thing. The Sheriff's department didn't want to be sued so they didn't arrest Mr D for obvious self defense.

Could you please provide a link or something to support your assertion that the state "is wanting to waste Mr D's money?" Or just perhaps clarify if that's simply your opinion on the matter?
Thank you in advance.

Also, do we know Mr D will indeed be paying for his own defense?

I appreciate all clarification, thank you to anyone who can provide it; I just want to be clear, not argue :)
Well, technically because others are donating money, Mr D will not be paying for his attorneys, but for the state, since he wouldn't be using a public defender, then yes, he will be paying for his own defense. As for the wasting of Mr D's money, yes that is my opinion. That is why the founding fathers created "innocent until proven guilty" and "double jeopardy" legal system for America and I am a strict believer in innocent until proven guilty.
Do you know where spellcheck is on these posts?

Well, technically because others are donating money, Mr D will not be paying for his attorneys, but for the state, since he wouldn't be using a public defender, then yes, he will be paying for his own defense. As for the wasting of Mr D's money, yes that is my opinion. That is why the founding fathers created "innocent until proven guilty" and "double jeopardy" legal system for America and I am a strict believer in innocent until proven guilty.
Thank you. I don't know how to check spelling on here, I'm sorry. I rely on my phone's autocorrect.

I'm unfamiliar with other systems and don't want to be off topic, but am interested in the issue of paying for one's defense and will do research as to not derail the thread.
Again, though, thank you for answering.

Every western country in the world has those tenets. They are not original to the Founding Fathers. It was contained in the 1215 Magna Carta.

No he didn't. It's all on video.
He held that lady and baby hostage with verbal assaults while looming towards her car. She was terrified once she seen him place his hand near his hidden gun. Others wanted to help but her boyfriend came to her rescue.

This guy deserves significant decades in jail. He also should have lost his license from the previous road rage incident where he was the only one to pull out a gun.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back