FL - Markeis McGlockton shot and killed in front of family, Clearwater, July 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The

Look at the frames right before that one. He takes a step or two toward MD his hands are at his waist. MD pulls the gun and MM starts to retreat.

Look at the video. He pushes Drejka, and before Drejka even pulls his gun Markeis steps back. He steps back before the gun was pointed. The step back shows he is not advancing.
U2hsDva.jpg

My favorite local columnist:
The story of this stand your ground case is not told by four seconds of video
Published: July 25, 2018
Updated: July 25, 2018 at 02:03 PM

[...]
It took Markeis McGlockton six seconds to reach the man arguing with McGlockton’s girlfriend in the parking lot.
What was running through his mind? Was he worried about his girlfriend and children? Did he really think a middle-aged man standing outside a car was a threat? Had he already made the decision to knock Michael Drejka to the ground and then fatefully take another step in the fallen man’s direction?
[...]
So, yes, McGlockton’s death was a senseless tragedy. And, yes, it is beyond infuriating that a jury may never get the chance to consider the facts and circumstances.

But this story is not fully explained by the final few seconds of a video or by the decisions of law enforcement and prosecutors.

This tragedy began long ago. It was accelerated by a series of poor decisions by three adults. And the result is three children will now grow up without a father.

With so many chances for a different outcome, I wonder if there are an equal number of regrets.

I don't see that. What I see is a man looming over a downed man who has no ability to retreat. I see the man back away AFTER the other man shoots him in self defense.

Well, but you're the one insisting he's got a "pristine" background, based on the assumption that his background checks and whatnot were all done correctly and thoroughly. Someone else shouldn't have to find a link showing a negative in order to disprove your assertion--you should be able to back up your assertion or perhaps not assert things you can't actually back up.

And a lot of people had "pristine" backgrounds on paper right up until the time they didn't... Charles Manson's record started out pristine... Until it wasn't...

Being "clean" on paper doesn't mean a person can't be an belligerent jerk. It's not a lifelong endorsement of character.
OK, where is the police reports showing that he didn't have a pristine background. Please post a link.

Look at the video. BEFORE the gun was ever pulled Markeis takes 2-3 steps backwards. Its clear as day, slow down the footage and look.

Markeis takes multiple steps back and starts to turn away BEFORE the gun was pulled.

W4d9frt.png
Look at the last picture in the series. Gun is out and pointed at MM and MM is still facing MD. Thanks for posting the photos.

I don't see that. What I see is a man looming over a downed man who has no ability to retreat. I see the man back away AFTER the other man shoots him in self defense.
IMO you willfully dont see it, wonder why. Markeis take at least 2 steps back before lunatic Drejka even pulls and aims his gun. When Markeis was shot he was heading the opposite direction.

U2hsDva.jpg

My favorite local columnist:
The story of this stand your ground case is not told by four seconds of video
Published: July 25, 2018
Updated: July 25, 2018 at 02:03 PM

[...]
It took Markeis McGlockton six seconds to reach the man arguing with McGlockton’s girlfriend in the parking lot.
What was running through his mind? Was he worried about his girlfriend and children? Did he really think a middle-aged man standing outside a car was a threat? Had he already made the decision to knock Michael Drejka to the ground and then fatefully take another step in the fallen man’s direction?
[...]
So, yes, McGlockton’s death was a senseless tragedy. And, yes, it is beyond infuriating that a jury may never get the chance to consider the facts and circumstances.

But this story is not fully explained by the final few seconds of a video or by the decisions of law enforcement and prosecutors.

This tragedy began long ago. It was accelerated by a series of poor decisions by three adults. And the result is three children will now grow up without a father.

With so many chances for a different outcome, I wonder if there are an equal number of regrets.
Thanks for posting the article. I thought it was well done and unbiased.

I would imagine dad would have gotten another good lick or two or three in before D pulled the gun. Let's not forget M's history of violence. In the past he's been arrested for aggravated assault.

well, he did not, and was shot anyways so my point is proven. and he was not charged in that case from YEARS ago.

Not me, I will never allow anyone to assault me. I will rely on my CCW. There is no law requiring me to submit to a beating from anyone. So, no, I will never "go toe to toe" with anyone.

you are misunderstanding me. I would not start a fight w anyone. but I will fight anyone who would come to me. and that's a fundamental difference between me and you. you rather kill someone. says a lot about you.

Yes but if everyone would just stop violently putting their hands on anyone else, we’d never have an issue. Easy peasy. Black and white. Just stop violently touching anyone. Then we wouldn’t even need guns! Yay!

right but im thinking some of these ppl would turn around and blow away someone for accidently brushing against them. guns escalate situations that would have blown over. case in point.

He was being assaulted by a large angry man. Of course he was in serious danger. He didn't have to submit to a beating. As for weak, just look at him. You can see it.

maybe he should mind his own business then. I don't care about his record, he is the type of person who feels emboldened by being armed. he is the type of person who will initiate conflict because he is armed. he is the type of person who will escalate situation because he is armed. PPL LIKE THIS SHOULD NOT BE ARMED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Checkyourhead