FL - Mass Shooting at Pulse nightclub, Orlando, 12 June 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I so agree IMO we are gonna find it was hate crime primarily, but I do not know enough about their religious beliefs are not like gay friendly, so it would be like gay stirred up a lot of stuff for him (often it is self hatred, for having desires for same sex, but early religous exposure creates intense conflict inside)

This self hatred often gets turned external, resulting in intense homophobic behaviors - projection

Well just learned about their hatred for gay folks. MSNBC Isis has thrown gay folks off buildings , killed them etc so there is congruence in the notion that ISIS is not gay friendly!!

Mix that in with possiblly his own issues and we have last night IMO

MSNBC also reports that his ex wife described his as mentally unstable .

moo

It's not just ISIS who punishes homosexuality with death. Homosexuality is still punishable by death in 10 countries, many citing sharia law.

washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2014/02/24/here-are-the-10-countries-where-homosexuality-may-be-punished-by-death

Iraq: The penal code does not expressly prohibit homosexual acts, but people have been killed by militias and sentenced to death by judges citing sharia law.

Saudi Arabia: Under the country’s interpretation of sharia law, a married man engaging in sodomy or any non-Muslim who commits sodomy with a Muslim can be stoned to death. All sex outside of marriage is illegal.

Perp needed an excuse. If it wasn't the gay club, it would have have been something else. He beat his wife for Christ-sakes. He hated a lot more than just a group of people.

True - but I think there might be places where he lives , he could go shoot up the place. The fact that he drove for an hour and half, got there at closing, at what then happened,kinda seems like a targeted gay bar.

I assure you , Orlando gay bars are bigger (and more of them) than Port St Lucie

That city has a gay bar !

Pulse is a busy bar- but it caters to demographic that is much younger than him. The fact that he targeted a very busy and popular gay bar some drive away means much IMO.

???Hating much younger people that are gay, are comfortable with who they are , while he might still be sturguling with who they are

he just MSNBC bought weapons recently ..

http://www.gaybarmaps.com/bars/florida/port-saint-lucie

ITA, that's why I said it feel it's shifted on its axis, yet again. I'm having difficulty finding the right words, I guess.

:(
I have that same feeling...something shifted. Today is a new reality. Also at a loss for words.

With the reported accounts of abuse by his ex wife, I wonder if the account (by his father) of him becoming enraged by seeing 2 men kissing a week ago, "in front of his wife & son" as an explanation for his actions is accurate or just an excuse? He could have vistatation & custody, of course, but it sounds like this was an evil, unstable individual.

With the reported accounts of abuse by his ex wife, I wonder if the account (by his father) of him becoming enraged by seeing 2 men kissing a week ago, "in front of his wife & son" as an explanation for his actions is accurate or just an excuse? He could have vistatation & custody, of course, but it sounds like this was an evil, unstable individual.

I don't believe anything any family member says, too bias.jmo

I gotta tell ya that after reading many articles and seeing his face I am not on board with him doing this just because he hates gays. It was much deeper then just hating gays or transgenders.Ask the Fed's, they know it was islamic terrorism. they know they just don't know what to do and they don't want us to know they are at a loss. jmo idk It's here.

Agree. I wonder if he felt that a gun search would be less thorough due to the majority of the crowd being happy people vs a club in the Pork n Bean section of Miami or something where the element is very different. Idk.

No!

A couple of hours ago when I saw some pictures of him, in some I thought handsome, in others I thought oh pls that he is a sister!!

Thinking he was alarmed at his own (perhaps favourable) response to the gay men kissing, rather than worried about his son's well-being, and wanted to eradicate those feelings in the worst way possible.
Also, interesting that he stayed with the hostages for several hours, and essentially chose to die with them.
imo, speculation.
https://www.google.ca/search?q=Omar...UICSgC&biw=1366&bih=659#imgrc=FTM9j1K7y6ewoM:
screen-shot-2016-06-12-at-9-36-59-am.jpg

Isn't that special! So loving! So "Christian" . Vomit

I know we have lots of fine folks on here from Texas and should not judge the entire state by the thoughtless comments of one elected official.

Still I cannot help but wonder what on earth is wrong with the culture of the place. It was like he couldn't wait to get something hateful out in public. Some of the most horrific on line comments I have read about this are from folks there.
So 'Christian'...

Agree. I wonder if he felt that a gun search would be less thorough due to the majority of the crowd being happy people vs a club in the Pork n Bean section of Miami or something where the element is very different. Idk.

Looking for link but thought I heard he was security guard? and had a permit for the gun. if true then it was legal. jmo

That simply compounds this tragedy three-fold. Let them donate!!!!
I agree. My younger brother just graduated from his masters program and is advocating for the LGBTQ community for the summer in DC before going back to work for the hospital at the university. This scares the living he.. Out of me for him.

But, in such a tradgic situation, making such an exception would be such a big thing for the LGBTQ community. Take something awful for this community, & at least make something positive happen. It is such an unspeakable tragedy that so many innocent lives were lost over a senseless monster, but let's pray these lives that were taken will not be in vain. This is even more of a reason for all of us to be more accepting & understanding. Whether or not Isis was involved (IMO - yes) this is a hate crime. Ugh, will the hate ever end? Such a sad day.

I feel the same way, and we're only in June.

Speaking of June, it is LGBTQ pride month. This guy could have been waiting til one of most popular club nights, in this particular month, to make his statement.

He put out a statement. It is an automated Bible tweet that posts every Sunday.

[video=twitter;742041865784958976]https://twitter.com/DanPatrick/status/742041865784958976[/video]

Whether you believe him is up to you.

[/url]twitter;742041865784958976]https://twitter.com/DanPatrick/status/742041865784958976[/url]

It matters somewhat that it was not in response to Orlando, but the message still is incredibly disgusting and hateful whether it was today or two weeks ago.

People who are gay have been the targets of death so many times right here in the USA. Women are abused and killed evryday by domestic violence . Picking out Sharia law is like ignoring the log in our own eyes.

these muslim radicals need to be charged with hate speech / crimes whenever they spew their garbage about killing / hurting gays and other crap they spew. something needs to be done yeasterday :steamed:

She said he worked as a guard at a facility for juvenile delinquents and frequently exercised at a nearby gym in his spare time.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/1...r-had-made-threats-in-past-reports-claim.html

Security firm G4S confirmed he'd been an employee since September 2007. "We are cooperating fully with all law enforcement authorities, including the FBI, as they conduct their investigation," company executives said in a statement.

The elder Mateen once voiced support for the Taliban and denounced Pakistan while hosting a television show on a California-based channel called Payam-e-Afghan, the Washington Post reported.

bbm like I said I don't trust family.

Might have been the reason that the sight of two men kissing troubled him.

Reports say it was because it was done in front of his 3yr old.

We can say it was 1000 things that caused his anger...personally I couldn't care less and don't think he's worth one moment of excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState