FL - Mass Shooting at Pulse nightclub, Orlando, 12 June 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had dozens of patients that have come here just to have their baby, and then they leave. Several yrs ago I had this Pakistani couple and this was their 12th time. just saying

Examples like this is just one way we need to put control on who comes into our country and for what reason. We allow citizenship to be passed out like candy! It is going to backfire on us eventually.

My opinions only.

That particular speaker almost certainly opposes ISIS. He is Iranian (lives in Iran) and was traveling as a guest speaker. He is Shi'ite as is the mosque that hosted him, ISIS is at war with the Shi'ites too.

He belongs to a totally different branch of Islam that is completely opposed to ISIS but they still follow the same book, believe in Sharia law, and believe the punishment for homosexuality is death.

That may be true but he still has very anti-gay views. So why allow that to be heard when it just keeps the hatred of gays alive in the Muslim community. If he is there preaching this hate it is logical to think the people there believe the same as he does.

IMO

Are we supposed to be sleuthing innocent people (people who did not commit mass murder yesterday) who spoke to the media?

Please tell me you're being facetious.

Actually they put themselves out there! Slippery slope I guess, I did not link profile BUT it is disturbing, actually more disturbing than OM. As far as I knew if they mention themselves to MSM it is OK. Like I said they should not give out their name!

ETA I am going to report my original post and include a link because if we were suppose to be vigilant about OM beforehand, then I would say signs are there as well.

Maybe rsd1200 needs to explain Sharia law to them to clear up any confusion.

I have never read the Quaran nor the Hadith, so that would be difficult for me to go into depth on but, in a nutshell: Sharia Law (or Islamic law) is the religious legal system governing the members of the Islamic faith. It is the rules, so to speak, of Islam, that are gleaned in particular, from the Quran (basically, their Bible) and the Hadith (the words of the prophet Muhammad). If anyone wants know anything further than that, I suggest they read the Quran and the Hadith. ISIS does not follow those. ISIS creates their own rules. On a side note: I know of quite a few people who would like much the same type of religious legal system instituted in our country based on the Bible.

There are all kinds of groups that it is legal to belong to. Read on the Southern Poverty Law Center about hate groups. It is perfectly legal to be a member of Posse Comitus or Christian Identify or KKK.

I was just thinking about the SPLC and its list of hate groups. Wouldn't it be nice if the FBI could go shake them all up and make some arrests? But that's a little too McCarthy-esque for me. And who can say what the future holds? What if Senator Byrd had been arrested and jailed in his youth for his beliefs at the time? America would have lost a great public servant.

We need to find other ways to fight hate because arresting people and locking them up doesn't do anything. JMO

And managed to get a gun license even though he was investigated by the FBI! And it was definitely those people who love political correctness that made that happen!

He not only managed to get a gun license. He got an armed security guard license, and he got a job with a security company that's a contractor for the US government.

That may be true but he still has very anti-gay views. So why allow that to be heard when it just keeps the hatred of gays alive in the Muslim community. If he is there preaching this hate it is logical to think the people there believe the same as he does.

IMO

Freedom of speech I assume. Another poster insinuated that this speaker probably supports ISIS, my point was the "death to homosexuals" viewpoint is standard among virtually all branches of Islam. The folks that are okay with Sharia Law are also okay with the execution of homosexuals, can't like one and reject the other.

What do we need Homeland Security for if they can't act until someone has actually committed an act of terror?

No system is infallible. However, there are threats that are stopped but those do not make the news simply b/c if it doesn't bleed, it doesn't lead.

Let's not forget this isn't ONLY an 'imported' point of religious view:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friend...tclub-massacre-brought-death-upon-themselves/

WBC is odius and vile.

But WBC is pretty much hot air & bloviating.

An Islamic terrorist actually killed 50 people and injured about 50 more.

That's why WBC is free to spout its particular brand of hate.

Islamic terrorism is a different animal altogether.

Personally, I'd rather have some odius group say hateful things about me, than have a follower of another group kill me.

Let's not forget this isn't ONLY an 'imported' point of religious view:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friend...tclub-massacre-brought-death-upon-themselves/

Terrible. But have they actually killed anyone yet? Blown up any airplanes? Blown up any national sporting events? Shot up anArmy recruitment Center? Shot a bunch of people on an Army Base? Gone into a nightclub and killed fifty innocents?

Are people from that church killing people in airports...in restaurants in Paris...in subway cars in London?

When the violence done in the name of that sect is equivalent, then we can have a moral equivalency drawn. They are odious. But the death count...is zero to...??????

He was able to buy guns because he had no criminal convictions, no mental illness history and displayed no mental illness and people can't be refused a gun purchase based on race, religion, who you know in Syria, being a homophobe, being a muslim....etc. etc etc. It's the American way.

He was determined a 'non risk' by the FBI. People can't be arrested/convicted/placed on watch lists based on their thoughts or opinions. Freedom of speech etc. It's the American way.

Political correctness is NOT the reason this guy was free to create carnage. The American constitution is the reason.

The right to bear arms, the right to practice any religion without persecution, freedom of speech etc.

Which part of your constitution are you willing to change?
BBM, He still could have purchased a firearm if he had been all of those things. He could have even been on a terrorist no-fly list and still purchased both of those weapons, legally. No problem. Only felons (not even a violent felon, just a felon) cannot purchase firearms in the United Sates.

I was replying to a poster who stated that just saying (x minority group) deserved to die should be illegal.

Look, we all know this is a huge political mess and everyone has a dog in the fight. But religious fervor + mental illness + weapons of mass killing is bad news. It's going to continue to be so while weapons are so easy to get.

It's going to continue to be so while there are Islamic terrorists in the world.

Actually they put themselves out there! Slippery slope I guess, I did not link profile BUT it is disturbing, actually more disturbing than OM. As far as I knew if they mention themselves to MSM it is OK. Like I said they should not give out their name!

ETA I am going to report my original post and include a link because if we were suppose to be vigilant about OM beforehand, then I would say signs are there as well.

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?291123-Social-Media-Facebook-Twitter-etc

BBM, He still could have purchased a firearm if he had been all of those things. He could have even been on a terrorist no-fly list and still purchased both of those weapons, legally. No problem. Only felons (not even a violent felon, just a felon) cannot purchase firearms in the United Sates.

He could have purchased a firearm even if he had been a felon. Just not legally. If laws against murder and terrorism didn't stop this Islamic terrorist, then a little thing like a firearm purchase prohibition certainly wouldn't have stopped him.

I have had dozens of patients that have come here just to have their baby, and then they leave. Several yrs ago I had this Pakistani couple and this was their 12th time. just saying
I've had the same experience, Popsicle, both in Boston, MA and in Florida.

I was replying to a poster who stated that just saying (x minority group) deserved to die should be illegal.

Look, we all know this is a huge political mess and everyone has a dog in the fight. But religious fervor + mental illness + weapons of mass killing is bad news. It's going to continue to be so while weapons are so easy to get.

Very few mass murderers here kill in mass because of religion. In fact it is rare and most mass murderers don't murder others where the motive for their killings was based on their religion. Now since 2009 when Major Hasan murdered many at Fort Hood because of his fanatical Islamic faith there have been several now who have murdered in the name of fanatical Islam. There have been many casualties plus countless injuries sustained when a Islamic terrorist/s has struck on our soil. The victim count keeps getting higher and higher when it comes to those murdered by ISIS sympathizers who also have radical Islamic beliefs. The ones now who are not making it a rare occurrence are the ISIS radical Muslim Islamists who are doing it on our soil more often.

It doesn't matter how many gun laws we enact. We will never be able to keep firearms away from the ones hell bent on taking the weapon to use it against human beings. It is a proven fact that criminals do not respect laws no matter what they are.

We lose thousands of more lives every year due to individual murderers against individual victims. The yearly mass shootings cant begin to compare to the lives lost by other offenders. 67% of them were firearm homicides and 33% were from other methods. The 33% are just as dead as the other 67%. Those victims are in the thousands too.

The common denominator in most of the homicides which happen daily is the firearm used was obtained illegally. Look at all the murders or attempted murders that happen everyday in LA, Detroit, Chicago, Memphis etc. These homicides are being done by ex-felons and gang members. They do not follow gun laws. They love restricting the actual legal gun owner to possess one. That is why these mass shooters hit places they know are almost always a gun free zone. That is never a coincidence but by design. Even this guy knew the cop's handgun would be no match for an .223 semi-automatic that he used to carry out these murders. That is like having a peashooter against a .50 caliber.

There is no way to stop someone from getting a gun. We have two open borders where gunrunners are bringing in high powered weapons to those who cant get one legally. It is like everything else in our history when we ban something. All it winds up doing is making the illegal sellers into billionaires now just like it made the liquor runners into millionaires back during prohibition.

IMO

It's mind boggling to me that you can have a radical Muslim slaughter people and it gets deflected on to every other group of people in existence.

So you are saying societies created by a majority Christian population are just as bad as those ruled by Sharia law when it comes to the persecution of homosexuals?

Cause the countries with the most liberal gay rights policies were all founded by majority Christian populations. Christianity has been a big part of the culture and the tolerance associated with it lead to the most inclusive, and gay friendly countries in the world.

That's not the point.

The point is there are Christians who would be happy to live in a country ruled by laws of the bible - even the harshest laws and most violent punishments - the way countries live under fundamentalist Islam. No, those Christians aren't turning into terrorists and killing people, but they have the same sense of right and wrong, crime and punishment, and justice in their hearts. They would be running from the Bible the same way ISIS has run afoul of the Kuran.

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...r/news-story/51744035832be20816d947b89fd453f8

THE father of the gunman in the Orlando nightclub massacre has posted a bizarre series of videos on social media declaring himself leader of Afghanistan and said God will punish those involved in homosexuality.

Omar Mateen’s father Seddique describes himself as a “politician” on a page called Provisional Government of Afghanistan — Seddique Mateen.

He appears in several videos wearing army fatigues in front of the Afghan flag. In a post after the deadly shooting which is the worst in US history, he says the family is shocked by the “tragic” news.

“I am deeply saddened and announce this to the people of America,” he said according to Washington Post reports while noting the shooting took place during the holy Muslim month of Ramadan.

But he also warned: “God himself will punish those involved in homosexuality.”

“This, is not for the servants” of God.

I see the apple doesn't fall far from the diseased tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper