Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Orlando shooter Omar Mateen was gay, former classmate says

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/orlando-shooter-omar-mateen-was-gay-former-classma/nrfwW/

Paris terror fugitive was seen trawling gay bars of Brussels before the atrocities

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/paris-terror-fugitive-seen-trawling-6864902

Within days of Sept. 11, a rumor began wafting through media circles: Law enforcement was actively pursuing a theory that Mohamed Atta, the suspected ringleader of the Sept. 11 hijackings and the pilot of the first plane to crashinto the World Trade Center, was a homosexual.

http://www.newsweek.com/mohamed-atta-files-153835

I saw that reported this morning. I don't believe he chose this gay club because of self-hatred. He knew the place, the layout and that it would be packed and he would be able to get his weapons in. I would like to know about the other gay club he checked out as well. Do they pat people down etc and so he chose this club? jmo

I think when he went to Disney World he found out he wouldn't be able breach that security.

Just Wow.

Watching Fox News, and the Governor of Florida has just said that our leader, Obama has not called him.

I'm stumped as to how this tragedy hasn't warranted a phone call.

So, he went to a police academy, did a ride along with LE at the age of 19, but, by age 29, he's working as a security guard with a past stint as a guard at a juvi hall, but never became an actual LE officer? I wonder why? Total change of heart? We haven't heard anything about any precincts he applied to and was turned down for. Have we? I've seen a pic of him in a NY PD shirt (bought) so, I guess he didn't change his mind. This guy seems to have wanted to be a cop but couldn't???

I saw that reported this morning. I don't believe he chose this gay club because of self-hatred. He knew the place, the layout and that it would be packed and he would be able to get his weapons in. I would like to know about the other gay club he checked out as well. Do they pat people down etc and so he chose this club? jmo

I think when he went to Disney World he found out he wouldn't be able breach that security.

Ya, they do search at Disney. Tho, since 9/11 I have been saying it's a sitting goose for a mass attack in Florida.

Totally agree, just found it weird.

Yes. All schools in the US are supposed to have them once a month since Columbine. It seems some may not have them. Hospitals, airports, what else? have practices. So a lot of people have been involved in them.

Misinformation isn't helpful, and this is misinformation.

It does seem Pulse had the layout he needed. Not many exits and plenty of places to trap these poor folks. IMO

Tid bits:

This kinda sounds more like a mental health issue- inappropriate behavior. The person that knew him best was very clear that he had some serious mental issues. Divorcing after 4months sure seems like a very short marrage, which she directly stated was because of his mental illiness.

Be interesting to know if he had any invol commiments etc .

Mateen’s parents are from Afghanistan but he was not very religious,

law-enforcement source told The Daily Beast there is no immediate indication that Mateen had any direct connection to ISIS

The Guardian reported Monday that the FBI had interviewed Mateen after he said he knew the Boston Marathon bombers, a claim that the bureau later determined was false.

Media has made it sound like the FBI was really interested in him when the rality seems to be he was " questioned" (as oppossed to detained, surveyed etc etc) by the FBI

He was employed at a gated retirement community in South Florida. ....last stint as a guard in a private golf-course community, he was unarmed,.... hasn’t answered questions about what led to his transfer—and whether it was imposed on him or if requested the move—and why he was given a job without a weapon.

A co worker (Gilroy) of his also seemed to be indicating mental issues--
he was “unhinged and unstable.

Mateen’s odd, often bigoted, behavior fits in with homophobia as well, IMO.

Manicky behaviors/poor judgement/mental -IMO----Mateen began stalking Gilroy, leaving him 30 or more text and phone messages per day. Gilroy eventually quit.

WOw I did not know G4S was the one that messed up big time at the Olympics !

G4S famously bungled a contract to provide thousands of guards for the London Olympics in 2012. Thousands of British Army troops had to be brought in to fill the gaps

“They have a reputation for doing work at the lowest price that’s still technically acceptable,” the former official said. “Think of it as a security version of McDonald’s. The feeling is that they’re cheap.”

the company has won contracts totaling more than $61 million .... company says its other U.S. government customers include the Drug Enforcement Administration, the Justice Department, the Air Force, the Internal Revenue Service, and NASA.

In Canada, a member of an armored car crew shot his fellow guards, killing three and making off with the money they had been transporting.

G4S guard in Scotland, who was working at a medical conference, beat a woman to death with a fire extinguisher after she reportedly complained about being asked to show her security pass.

vast majority of G4S employees appear to be low-level guards,

G4S has come under scrutiny in Florida in the past few years after some of its guards were found to be abusing children in facilities where the company provides security.

At the Palmetto Youth Academy in Manatee County, G4S employee Leroy Bostic Jr. was arrested in 2014 on charges of sexually abusing two teenage boys.

facility in Tampa, G4S employee Viviana Hernandez-Trejo was investigated for engaging in sex acts with a boy under her care.

records documenting multiple assaults at youth-detention facilities G4S managed in Florida, both against the company’s employees as well as minors under its charge. G4S provides security for about 30 juvenile-detention centers in the state of Florida

violent altercations among staff and children (not referring to murderer here)

And from Fox/Geraldo Rivera-- When you’re in that situation and you have no weapons, you have two choices,” Rivera said of the men and women caught by surprise on a dark dancefloor late into the night. “If you can’t hide and you can’t run, there are two choices. You stay and die, or you fight. For God’s sakes, fight back. Fight back,” According to Rivera, it seems the victims “just living their lives” inside the Pulse gay nightclub this past weekend didn’t do enough to stay alive.

Yeh, big boy I would love to see what you what you would do. Pretty tacky IMO, and has no place in the discussion. Yeh the rape victims dress was to short ...............give me break...........repulsive

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...lando-victims-for-god-s-sakes-fight-back.html

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/12/omar-mateen-id-d-as-orlando-killer.html

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...er-omar-mateen-was-a-knockoff-rent-a-cop.html

Great research. There seems to be a persistent problem with G4S. I hope LE investigates his employer to see if they should have noticed something odd in his behavior. I also hope they investigate the use of steroids by the killer and any of his co-workers, not to mention the problems with sexual abuse by security guards.

G4S sounds like an incubator for murderers and abusers. We don't need that kind of mess, those kinds of employers.

This article is about a survivor who says it was difficult to get out of Pulse because someone was blocking the entrance and telling people to stay inside. You have to read and scroll down a bit in the story to see that statement.

http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/when-they-smelled-the-ammo-everybody-realized-this/nrfZ4/

I do not understand the blocking of the entrance....unless someone was able to use a bolt lock or possibly slide a 2x4 across door that had brackets for one, I do not see how one person could block door with so many on other side trying to get out.

Great research. There seems to be a persistent problem with G4S. I hope LE investigates his employer to see if they should have noticed something odd in his behavior. I also hope they investigate the use of steroids by the killer and any of his co-workers, not to mention the problems with sexual abuse by security guards.

G4S sounds like an incubator for murderers and abusers. We don't need that kind of mess, those kinds of employers.

We especially don't need a company like that contracting with agencies of the US government, including the Drug Enforcement Administration, the Justice Department, the Air Force, the Internal Revenue Service, and NASA.

They can't even vet their security companies, and they expect us to believe they can properly vet every so-called "refugee" that comes in?

Misinformation isn't helpful, and this is misinformation.

Really? I am a retired teacher and I know exactly what was required.

If you recall of several incidences, such as Sandy Hook, the toll was less because the staff knew what to do.

It is too bad as to where you live that places do not have drills. They seem to save lives.

I do not understand the blocking of the entrance....unless someone was able to use a bolt lock or possibly slide a 2x4 across door that had brackets for one, I do not see how one person could block door with so many on other side trying to get out.

I don't understand that part either. At this point I have no reason to believe people are making that part up, but I can't understand how it could have happened.

Really? I am a retired teacher and I know exactly what was required.

If you recall of several incidences, such as Sandy Hook, the toll was less because the staff knew what to do.

It is too bad as to where you live that places do not have drills. They seem to save lives.

Maybe at the particular school you worked at, or the particular school district, but it's certainly not something that "all US schools" are "supposed to do" every month.

Please don't make assumptions about where I live or what the schools do or don't do where I live. If you have a question about it, feel free to ask, but don't make assumptions.

Thank you. So....I'm wondering if he may have been using those dating apps as bait with plans to kill someone when he met up with them. I wonder if there are any unsolved homicides of gay men or missing gay men in the areas the shooter is affiliated with.

Literally that is the exact thing I woke up this morning thinking.

I have a friend who has an adopted son with some special needs. They are well to do and could provide all kinds of things for him. His dream was to be LE. He attended school and passed the psychological exams that LE have to take. However, he has never been hired. He works a security job.

He has a long term gf and is fascinated with guns and dislikes minority groups. Just because someone wants to become LE and
Is obsessed with becoming one does not mean they get to for any number of reasons.

I suspect it was a lack of organization. If two men (and the door holder said he had a helper) braced themselves against the door then they could easily stop one or two people from pushing it open.

Maybe by yelling "stay inside" it confused the victims inside and made them hesitant, wondering if there was another shooter outside.

Also leadership plays a big part in it, when people are overwhelmed with adrenaline they can't think straight or formulate plans. If just one person voices a plan, such as recruiting some of the bigger men and saying "let's bust this down" things start to happen.

Ya, they do search at Disney. Tho, since 9/11 I have been saying it's a sitting goose for a mass attack in Florida.

Oh, I agree with you. I think that would take the capabilities and planning of more than just him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member