FL - Mass Shooting at Pulse Nightclub, Orlando 12 June 2016 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Noor Salman, widow of Pulse nightclub gunman, found not guilty on all counts
She was accused of helping her husband plan his terror assault on the Orlando, Florida, nightclub and of falsely denying her role afterward.

Noor Salman, the widow of Pulse nightclub gunman Omar Mateen, was found not guilty Friday in the only trial to stem from the deadly June 2016 shooting rampage.

Salman, 31, was accused of helping her husband plan his terror assault on the Orlando, Florida, nightclub and of falsely denying her role afterward...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...nightclub-gunman-found-not-guilty-all-n861461

Gal Tziperman Lotan@tzigal
2m2 minutes ago
“Noor is so grateful,” defense attorney Linda Moreno said.

DZi6M1zWkAAtpC1.jpg

48s48 seconds ago
Defense attorney Fritz Scheller calls Pulse families “extraordinary people, they’ve done through a lot.” Thanks them for their decorum and dignity during the trial.

Krista M. Torralva@KMTorralva
3m3 minutes ago
Defense lawyers thank jurors. – at US Federal Courthouse

DZi6Kb3VwAAGP66.jpg

1m1 minute ago
“The government didn’t deliver on its promises,” Charles Swift says.

4m4 minutes ago
Scheller: I had a lot of interaction with the victims who came searching for the truth. “After the verdict we embraced”

4m4 minutes ago
Said he has a great deal of admiration for parents of killed. Said they had dignity, compassionate and understanding.

2m2 minutes ago
Swift: I want you all to think back to where you all started. A year and a half ago you believed she dropped him off at the Pulse. That didn’t happen. Until three weeks ago you thought they scouted the Pulse. That didn’t happen.

2m2 minutes ago
Swift: This jury will stand in my mind as remarkable.

2m2 minutes ago
“This jury, it will stand in my mind as remarkable. The attentiveness, The way they dressed every day. They were pillars of this community,” Swift said.

News 6 Pulse Trial@News6PulseTrial
4m4 minutes ago
Local defense attorney Fritz Scheller said he had a lot of interaction with the victims of the shooting, who were in the courtroom for the verdict. "They’ve always shown a sense of dignity and compassion and I just think they are extraordinary people."

News 6 Pulse Trial@News6PulseTrial
2m2 minutes ago
"This jury will stand in my mind as remarkable," defense attorney Charles Swift said. "They were pillars of this community
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JMO
Darn. I was afraid that would happen. Once it went past day one of deliberations I was afraid of this.

I dont know why juries cant put two and two together. So many of her own actions and statements told us she knew beforehand that he was about to go on a mission to kill a bunch of people and she was right there along with him every step of the way except for the last step where she cowardly stayed home. Grrrrrr

I think the jury got it wrong- she is guilty, IMO.

She brought up Pulse - the FBI didn't tell her anything about Pulse- how did she know that? That alone is enough evidence right there.

:moo:

This is another case of 'You just can't believe everything the FBI tells us', there's been so many things discussed
locally here, that many attorneys believed FBI may have botched their case by not recording her statements, by
FBI writing up her main statement and just having her sign it, by interrogating her initially for 11 hours with no
attorney present. Those are just a few of their mistakes or maybe they weren't errors but done intentionally to
make her look worse.
Remember FBI were first warned and interrogated Mateem back in 2013 and did nothing after that with him.
FBI had lots of egg on their face in this trial and wanted to redeem their reputation. Not to mention the intense scrutiny
of local LE and tremendous outpouring of sympathy for the victims. This case was wrought with much emotion
and FBI from day 1 tried to implicate his widow since the real perp was dead. they wanted to redeem their ego's,
IMO.
It's possible she was aware of his plans, but I don't believe the prosecutors or FBI had the evidence to prove it.

Well, that's the verdict I said it'd be. That's what happens when the prosecution lacks the evidence to prove it's case, and withholds evidence that contradicts their narrative.

All I can hope for is for Noor to raise her son to be a compassionate, upstanding member of society. I will remain conflicted. I don’t think there will ever be anything that can be done to take away the pain of losing my friend. I’ve tried to look at this the way I know that Paul would have, and must forgive. I believe she may have known he was seriously considering an act of jihad, but I also believe she was a subservient wife who submitted to his will always. I don’t know what else to say...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I agree with the verdict, which I know isn't a popular opinion.

I don't know if she was guilty or not, I know they couldn't prove she was.
I know there are certainly things that are suspicious, I totally agree.
However I have also seen the FBI do some very unethical things in lesser cases.
So I do not give much weight to what they say occurred without more proof.

The legal requirement is beyond a reasonable doubt.
They didn't prove that and the jury did the right thing by acquitting.

It gives me hope for a couple of false accusation cases I'm working on right now.
If THIS jury could acquit her, with all the pressure and media coverage...
That's amazing. Maybe, just maybe others have a chance too.

FBI went against their own policy when they decided NOT to tape Salmans interviews prior to charging her.
US Atty. General Holder implemented the new policy change to mandate taping in July 2014. Pulse shooting was July 12, 2016.
This is why LE creates distrust among the public. It's easier to plant information against a suspect when you do not
tape all interviews.
The new policy was implemented after the Boston Marathon Bombing when FBI failed to tape the interrogation of the
suspects.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-fbi-interviews-20140523-story.html

Jeff Weiner@JeffWeinerOS
3h3 hours ago
More Jeff Weiner Retweeted Susan Clary
Salman family spokesperson releases photo of now-free #NoorSalman after her acquittal earlier today.

Story from the verdict, with comments from Salman's family: http://bit.ly/2GmgwEu

---Susan Clary@susanclary
First photo since her release: #NoorSalman with her lawyers Linda Moreno, Fritz Scheller and Charles Swift. #NotGuilty #MovingForward

DZjnKfEWAAIpvL3.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5h5 hours ago
Statement from Pulse owner Barbara Poma: "Those of us directly affected by this tragedy must find peace in our hearts and remember that he was the one who pulled the trigger that night. He was the perpetrator, and he should not have one more minute of power over our lives."

DZjNYtmXkAInXPC.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeff Weiner@JeffWeinerOS
6h6 hours ago
Jeff Weiner Retweeted Mayor Buddy Dyer
Reaction below from Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer to the #SalmanTrial verdict.
--Mayor Buddy Dyer@orlandomayor
Hopefully the conclusion of the trial related to the Pulse tragedy can help our community continue the healing process. We remain committed to ensure those impacted by this tragedy receive the support they need through the Orlando United Assistance Center by calling 407-500-HOPE.

Jeff Weiner@JeffWeinerOS
7h7 hours ago
Statement below from Orange County Sheriff Jerry Demings on the outcome of the #SalmanTrial.

DZi33trUQAAWCnV.jpg:large

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

News 6 Pulse Trial Retweeted

Mike DeForest@DeForestNews6
5m5 minutes ago
BREAKING: The jury foreman in the #NoorSalman trial has issued a statement about their verdict of not guilty:

DZkZqe8VoAELEo2.jpg

DZkZqfeVMAAZ4H9.jpg

DZkZqe7VwAAhPpf.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All I can hope for is for Noor to raise her son to be a compassionate, upstanding member of society. I will remain conflicted. I don’t think there will ever be anything that can be done to take away the pain of losing my friend. I’ve tried to look at this the way I know that Paul would have, and must forgive. I believe she may have known he was seriously considering an act of jihad, but I also believe she was a subservient wife who submitted to his will always. I don’t know what else to say...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I am sorry for your loss. I'm conflicted by the jury's decision.

Amanda Ober@AmandaOberWESH
5h5 hours ago
Amanda Ober Retweeted WESH 2 News
Our first look at Noor Salman after she was freed from the Orange County jail. #SalmanTrial

(video clip https://twitter.com/WESH/status/979768405820694529...)

Greg Fox@GregFoxWESH
1h1 hour ago
#salmantrial VERDICT: Not Guilty for the #pulse nightclub gunman’s widow. In case you missed it when WESH 2 News first brought you video before 1pm today of Noor leaving jail, here it is: #federalcourt @WESH

(video clip https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/979823672516141056...)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

News 6 Pulse Trial Retweeted

Mike DeForest@DeForestNews6
5m5 minutes ago
BREAKING: The jury foreman in the #NoorSalman trial has issued a statement about their verdict of not guilty:

DZkZqe8VoAELEo2.jpg

DZkZqfeVMAAZ4H9.jpg

DZkZqe7VwAAhPpf.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well said, and mirrors what many here have said and believe.

:rose: :rose:

:grouphug: CARIIS. My thoughts are with you, and everyone else especially who knew people affected by this tragedy. My heart breaks for you, and look forward to seeing you on the threads

Im glad she was found not guilty.

He raped her whenever he felt and made her commit loyalty to him.

Plus the Fbi had him and his father on their radar but obviously didn't keep on him.

So why should the abused wife pay the price for something that her husband was going to do anyways?

Especially since if you find her guilty; Than the Stockholm Syndrome is out the window for every person that didn't say anything when their idiotic abuser decided to do violence to others. Jmo.

YES!!
This statement from the jury foreman is exactly how the system is supposed to work.
Not convicting because we think they knew, or think they did it, or don't like them.
Convicting only when the evidence of the crime charged actually exists.

There are times when that verdict SUCKS.
I wanted Casey to fry as much as anyone... believe me, I did.
However, the evidence just wasn't there for the crimes they charged.

Then there are some cases where the opposite happens.
Where someone is so clearly innocent and somehow convicted.
I work for a very ethical defense attorney who only takes cases he believes in.
I enjoy trying to help people that I DO believe to be innocent.

I don't know if she was innocent or not. I do know this was the correct verdict.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quiet Place
Back