FL - Megan Todt 42, Alek 13, Tyler 11, Zoe 4, & dog Breezy, Celebration, 6 Jan 2020 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is extraordinary to me that anyone would prefer the shame of knowing that millions of people know not only of their financial ruin, but that they were willing to go so far to hide that ruin that they would murder their entire family, than just sit down with those loved ones and admit what they have done.

I understand that there is a big weight difference between how your family views you vs. how the world views you, but it still blows my mind. If exposure of shame is the motivator, and I think it is in this case (via finances), well, he has now exposed himself to the world! Just talk to your wife, FFS!

Last edited:
Has anyone been able to get the federal arrest affidavit? I saw that it was unsealed yesterday but I can’t find it in full anywhere.

I found it here this morning but can’t get back into it because of paywall.
Police: Colchester business owner confesses to killing wife, 3 kids, family dog

https://www.theday.com

I've been able to download the PDF from that website, thanks! It may be too big to attach, but I'm going to try.

ETA: Looks like it worked! Many thanks to @imstilla.grandma

Attachments

• TODT-Anthony-Affidavit.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 41
ANTHONY Todt paid $278,908.51 to settle a lawsuit filed against his physical therapy practice just days before police believe he murdered his wife, three children and the family's dog.

The Sun has obtained court documents showing that Anthony satisfied the judgement on December 23, just days before he and his family were evicted from their Florida rental home.
Mystery deepens as 'killer' dad paid off $275K lawsuit days before he 'murdered family'

oh, my heart just melted looking at the photo of the kids with their mom. The boys are snuggled in close to mom with their arms around her. I see love and closeness in that photo. They all look so........happy.

Attachments

• 19222314-5B3F-47CE-9D38-B1E3B3E4507C.jpeg
    19222314-5B3F-47CE-9D38-B1E3B3E4507C.jpeg
    68.2 KB · Views: 100
I cannot get over how blatantly stupid TT is.

The one scenario they lay out is just....I don't have words.

TT claims to have treated 16 patients with 9 increments of PT (each increment is 15 min - so 2hrs 15min of PT for each patient). All services were provided by himself. These services equate to 36 hours of treatment...in a 24 hour period. And not a single patient had any chart notes.

If that isn't bad enough - services were performed on a SATURDAY (no office hours for the business) - when he was PROVED (via flight records) to be in Florida. And his access records show he only accessed one patient record on that day from an IP address IN Florida.

I mean really, how exactly did he think he was going to get away with things like that?

Affidavit pages 25-28

Thank you for all those sharing info on annihilators. It just makes me so sick to think of his family and what he did to them. Their bodies have been in that house since late December. I am hoping he shot them in their sleep so they didnt know it was coming or feel pain. The question is, if he did use a gun why didn't he just shoot himself afterward if he really wanted to commit suicide? That was a lame attempt with what he did. He is so heinous and evil. This has been a rough week. Kelly Glover, Harley Dilly and now this.

(
BBM) Yes, it has been a rough week, I agree. And this I just don’t understand. TT is disgusting. SMH

I wonder if the CT house was sold to try and get out of debt.

He sold the house on 6/9/17 for $348,0000 (Florida police probe death at home of Colchester physical therapists)

The affidavit points out that in August 2017 his business account paid out $99,000 in loan payments to several companies. And that he had started taking out these payday type loans back in 2015. (Affidavit page 32).

So....what was going on in 2015 to trigger the decision to start taking out these loans. This specific practice had been in business since 2008.

From the affidavit "The WebPT Account'Was Accessed From Over Two Hundred Different IP Addresses" . This was over a short period of time too, from NY to Ohio. He certainly got around. Nevada doesn't appear on the list of states though.

From the affidavit "The WebPT Account'Was Accessed From Over Two Hundred Different IP Addresses" . This was over a short period of time too, from NY to Ohio. He certainly got around. Nevada doesn't appear on the list of states though.
I assume most of these are airports during layovers. They seem to be mostly in states between CT and FL with the exception of OH and TX...but I've had weirder layovers.

RS&BBM

I pretty much said the same thing back in post #61 While this (vice/girlfriend/gambling) seems like the logical answer to where the money went with essentially nothing to show for it, I'm not so sure we can apply much logic to this case.

I have seen people who play this ongoing money game, a constant float of loans, pay back one loan, from another one, and on and on. Switch money from one account, to another one. It is so complex, and literally a house of cards, because at some point, everything comes to a head.

Why do people even start this treadmill drama? Wow, how complicated is it, to actually live within your means?!

A lot of people in Las Vegas live this way, they seem to thrive on the stress of being broke, and the rush of winning, and doing the same cycle, over and over.

I don't understand the revolving debt thing at all. The best thing about my life is that I don't owe one cent. Not a penny. The freedom that brings (even if the lifestyle isn't so fancy) is unbelievable.
I think a lot of times people don't really understand the risks involved in starting and funding their own business. And then they get themselves into a cycle. I have to sell more to pay the bill for what I already sold. It starts out small and they just keeps getting bigger until it's overwhelming.

I cannot get over how blatantly stupid TT is.

The one scenario they lay out is just....I don't have words.

TT claims to have treated 16 patients with 9 increments of PT (each increment is 15 min - so 2hrs 15min of PT for each patient). All services were provided by himself. These services equate to 36 hours of treatment...in a 24 hour period. And not a single patient had any chart notes.

If that isn't bad enough - services were performed on a SATURDAY (no office hours for the business) - when he was PROVED (via flight records) to be in Florida. And his access records show he only accessed one patient record on that day from an IP address IN Florida.

I mean really, how exactly did he think he was going to get away with things like that?

Affidavit pages 25-28

Well, to be fair he did get away with it for a while. Why he thought it would continue that way, is a huge question.

I wonder if the CT house was sold to try and get out of debt.

He sold the house on 6/9/17 for $348,0000 (Florida police probe death at home of Colchester physical therapists)

The affidavit points out that in August 2017 his business account paid out $99,000 in loan payments to several companies. And that he had started taking out these payday type loans back in 2015. (Affidavit page 32).

So....what was going on in 2015 to trigger the decision to start taking out these loans. This specific practice had been in business since 2008.

Exactly - I think that what was happening in 2015 when the fraud started is going to be very enlightening.

I assume most of these are airports during layovers. They seem to be mostly in states between CT and FL with the exception of OH and TX...but I've had weirder layovers.

I think this is a good guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member