FL - Megan Todt 42, Alek 13, Tyler 11, Zoe 4, & dog Breezy, Celebration, 6 Jan 2020 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So then did he and wife argue/fight after she found out about his secret debt, he killed her in a fit of rage and then knowing he was now a murderer killed the rest of the family and the pet as knew they wouldn't be able to bear it? Was it one major fit of rage that went too far and then the rest he felt there was no other option?

I'm not so sure it was done in a fit of rage. The murder charges are all first degree, so even with his first victim, he had an opportunity to consider the consequences of his actions and decided to do it anyway.

My thoughts are he could have resolved the financial stress by declaring business and if need be, personal bankruptcy. The business was an LLC. If his wife had health problems that required her to live in Florida, I'm sure she would have preferred that, had she been aware of the financial problems, to being murdered and her children being murdered. He could have found a job in Florida and scaled way back on the family's living expenses.

JMO, I think it was the fraud charges that pushed him over the edge, and I tend to think he planned the murders for at some period of time. This is JMO. He knew the fraud investigators had evidence against him and he admitted to the fraud months earlier. The investigators gave him an opportunity to find a lawyer. He ghosted the investigators.

All JMO.

What did John List do? (I'm in the UK)

He lost his job, didn't tell his wife, yet he left every day, pretending to go to work. They were living in a mansion. One day he murdered his wife and his elderly mother who had an apartment in their home. He then murdered each child as they came home from school. He wrote a note for his minister, laid out the bodies of his family in the ballroom of the mansion and then he disappeared.

I believe it was "America's Most Wanted" aired the case many years later and an artist created a sculpture, I believe, of what he would likely look like years after the murders. Someone watching the program recognized him, called in and he was captured. He had created a new identity for himself and was remarried.

He claimed he murdered his family to essentially spare them the humiliation of financial devastation. I call BS on that. I think he wanted a fresh start.

Last edited:
Agree Molly- the fraud charges and very real possibility of jail time AND the loss of his professional license were the tipping points IMO

It appears he let his license lapse and that was in September 2019, I believe. JMO, he had to know his license would end up being revoked due to the fraud and as you said, the very real possibility of jail time.

I tried to post this the other day but between me messing up they ping and running out of time, I just didn’t.

This case reminds me so much of John List, another family annihilate who wanted to “spare” his family. Only difference is, John List left and went on to have a whole other life and never committed another crime, and this Tony who sat in the house with the dead bodies.

It’s their own shame they can’t deal with. They don’t want to see the hate and disappointment in their family’s eyes.. IMO

No bond. Next hearing date TBD.
Amanda Dukes on Twitter
Thank you for your efforts on this case - I wonder when they will release cause of death - I’m rethinking the gunshot idea since it doesn’t appear neighbors heard shots unless he used a silencer or pillow while they slept ? He may have drugged them - can a PT subscribe meds I wonder ?
JMO

Well that affidavit was interesting to read. Thank you so much for getting that and posting. So it sounds like there was never a missing person report filed on Tony or his family? The family did express concern and call for a welfare check on December 29, but it never escalated to a missing person report, do I have that right?

Thank you for your efforts on this case - I wonder when they will release cause of death - I’m rethinking the gunshot idea since it doesn’t appear neighbors heard shots unless he used a silencer or pillow while they slept ? He may have drugged them - can a PT subscribe meds I wonder ?
JMO
It looks like the affidavit is sealed. I'm not sure when/if it will be unsealed. And until then, I don't think we're going to know the manner of death.

A couple of thoughts:

1. "Despite the fact that Child-2 did not receive any physical therapy sessions at
FAMILY PHYSICAL THERAPY after October 25 , 2017 , TODT and FAMILY PHYSICAL
THERAPY billed Medicaid for physical therapy services purportedly provided to Child-2 on 172
individual dates of service betweenNovember I,2017 and December 5, 2018
, and Medicaid paid TODT SI7,I94 for these claims. For 23 weeks during this time period, TODT billed
Medicaid for having provided physical therapy services to Child-2 on four or more dates during
the week."

So out of 399 days total (including holidays, weekends, etc.) they filed 172 visits for PT and Medicaid PAID THIS. I am not saying that someone eventually didn't catch on (somehow?) but that alone should have been a huge red flag! I had my daughter in PT about twice weekly last year for a couple of months after a sports injury (like the one mentioned) and it was a huge production getting it approved, documenting it, etc. I think my daughter went maybe 18 times. It was a HEADACHE with the paperwork and documentation. 172 times? WOW.

2. And this is a big one ... I knew John List. Well ... I knew Bob Clark, the man he "became". He was arrested in the office building where my family had an office, and I occasionally worked there as well. Bob was the odd little man down the hall who barely spoke above a whisper and would never turn his back to you. Ever. No, that isn't a hindsight comment. It is something we all sort of noticed just by being around him. You know how you notice mannerisms of people you see every day (think The Office). Well Bob was the odd guy down the hall who drank out of the water fountain sideways as to never turn his back to you. He held every door and insisted you go in first ... again ... never turned his back. He always took the stairs ... never the elevator (small office building ... only three floors ... but still). This was before social media. I believe now he would have been caught much sooner as his picture would have been available in more places than just the post office (or wherever they posted such things). But I knew a man ... even just casually ... who literally annihilated his whole family. That was my first exposure to "true crime" and why I still follow cases today. I have no real point in saying this other than when I see his name mentioned ... I still cringe.

Is it just how his face is or does it look like he’s smirking in both his mugshot and the perp walk photo? He could be feigning mental illness at this point, the strong odour could possibly be fecal matter, his only chance now he’s confessed is to claim insanity. Would he go as far as to urinate/soil himself refusing to change his clothes hence the white boiler suit thing and the strong odour? He doesn’t look like a broken man who’s been sobbing and full of regret in either of those photos. JMO

The last few pages of that affidavit seem to spell out the motive pretty clearly. He was running out of time, he couldn't keep the investigation a secret from his family any longer. (moo)

Incredible and heartbreaking, that he confessed so easily to the investigators in the fraud case, and that he confessed so easily to the murder of his family, but he couldn't confess his sins to his family.

Tragic and needless, like all annihilator cases are. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member