FL - Megan Todt 42, Alek 13, Tyler 11, Zoe 4, & dog Breezy, Celebration, 6 Jan 2020 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the wife & children had been passed away for some time the smell would have been atrocious to any neurotypical & 100 times worse to anyone with an olfactory sensory processing disorder. In fact I’m pretty sure that anyone with Olfactory SPD (autistic or not) would have smelled these poor souls wayyyyyyyyyyy before now, if that is how they were found. That’s just JMO.MOO.
He may have had them in a freezer which would explain why the power going out happened a couple days before he lost whatever he was holding together and it all came out.

Absolutely fascinating that his father tried to kill his mother when he was a kid. From the articles it sounds like he did a real number on her mind too. Tried to blow her up, had her shot them poisoned her and she wept and clung to him when he was convicted. His mother, too - and his mistress as well. Also maintained his innocence for the duration. If he's still alive, going to him for a reaction to what has happened now could be an incredible news story.

I'm sure Tony grew up learning that you never ever ever admit doing anything wrong and you do whatever it takes to make women love you. This is the kind of story that books could be written about, the psychology is so complex and aberrant

Has it been determined why he was stayed with his deceased family members?
If I were to hazard a guess he was trying to concoct some sort of scenario that would explain their deaths/disappearances, his survival and maybe even have him coming out looking like some kind of heroic (or at least very sympathetic) character. Perhaps solve his financial problems and allow him to start a new family too.

Apple doesn't fall from the tree on this one and I'm sure defense will maximize the obvious dysfunction junction with his parents. He is certainly not the first person to suffer emotional trauma during their childhood by any means. The majority never flip their switch so to speak.

With that being said I've been reading a lot and his entire persona projected to everyone was a perfectly happy family devoted to his wife and children. But then again what else is new with these inwardly unhinged folks. :rolleyes:

40 law enforcement went to the house? Did they bring in SWAT?
That's ALOT of law enforcement.
I can't imagine that's a normal response. Either that or the reporter is full of it?

If they had reason to believe there was a barricaded subject, possibly with 3 hostages inside of that house? 40 isn't unreasonable at all. They'd need to set up a perimeter, including closing down streets and possibly evacuating neighbors. They'd want to lock down the front, back and all sides of the house before even attempting to make contact in case the suspect ran or began shooting. Probably SWAT was involved as well as or in addition to sharpshooters. They might not have known if he had a weapon, or if so, how many. Maybe some of the potential hostages were really on his 'side' and would also be armed. Maybe there are explosives. There are just so many unknowns in these types of situations, and most law enforcement (MOO and based on my experience as a police & fire dispatcher), would throw all sorts of resources at this until/unless things become clearer and the suspect(s) is/are arrested and the location is cleared.

Another article from Loretta about Robert. She later thought he tried to blow up her car and poison her?!?
So he was sentenced to 5 to 10 years for planning the murder of his wife? And she had her left eye shot out, while their little kids were asleep in the next room.

Tony grew up in a nightmarishly dysfunctional home.

In a statement from Connecticut state police, the agency said it learned of the ongoing investigation through media reports and said any updates would come from the Osceola County Sheriff’s Department.

“The news reports out of Celebration, Florida are heartbreaking and as an agency we want to express our deepest condolences to the families of the victims,” the statement read. “It is common that with any criminal investigations police agencies will assist one another in terms of providing relevant information that may aid in an investigation. To date, the Connecticut State Police has not received any request from local authorities in the Florida area to assist in this investigation. We are confident in their ability to conduct a thorough investigation.”
Fears mount for missing family

The court decision also says:

At trial, the Commonwealth’s most important witness was John Chairmonte. Chairmonte, a former student in Bensalem High School’s program for students with learning disabilities, was an alcohol and drug abuser with a criminal record. His involvement with the attack upon Loretta Todt was revealed after his arrest on an unrelated charge. John Chairmonte admitted that he shot Loretta Todt at Robert Todt’s behest. In exchange for testimony against Todt, Chairmonte was promised that his sentence for shooting Loretta Todt would not exceed five years to be served in the Bucks County Prison.

Chairmonte testified that in March of 1980 Robert Todt offered him $800 to kill a woman Todt described as a babysitter. Todt gave Chairmonte a .32 caliber pistol and some bullets. Three days before the shooting Todt went to Chairmonte’s home, woke him up and brought him to Todt’s home. Todt and Chairmonte then drove to Frankford Hospital, where Loretta Todt worked. As explained by Chairmonte, the plan was for him to surprise Loretta Todt as she entered her car after work, take her to a back road and shoot her. Chairmonte was, however, too frightened to carry out this scheme.

A new scheme was developed, and Todt gave Chairmonte a key to Todt’s house. On March 19, 1980, Chairmonte entered the Todt house through the garage, shot Loretta Todt and rifled several drawers to make it look as though a burglary had taken place.

According to a Sept. 8, 1981 article in the Philadelphia Inquirer, police interviewed the Todts’ son, Anthony, then 4. “The boy said he woke up hearing his mother screaming.”

When he walked into the hallway, he said a “black man with a ‘T’ carved on his forehead picked the boy up and put him back in bed.” He saw another man “wrestling with Mommy on her bed.” The article describes the senior Todt as a “former special education teacher and wrestling coach at Bensalem High School.”

Tony Todt’s Father Robert Todt Served Time in Murder Plot | Heavy.com

Last edited:
Random thought of the morning.

It's been 40 years since Robert hired a man to murder his wife.

I bet Robert thought his past was behind him.

I wonder how many people in his current life knew about this and that he went to prison for it. I wonder if he conveniently left all of that out when he re-entered society after serving his sentence. I wonder how much he's sweating right now seeing all of this information start to make headlines.

Heavy picked it up in connection with TT (see link in comment above). It's only a matter of time before it really starts to spread and seep into his current life...

It's been 40 years since Robert hired a man to murder his wife.

I bet Robert thought his past was behind him.

I wonder how many people in his current life knew about this and that he went to prison for it. I wonder if he conveniently left all of that out when he re-entered society after serving his sentence. I wonder how much he's sweating right now seeing all of this information start to make headlines.

Is it spiteful of me to feel glad that Robert's darkness is being brought to light? I can't help but feel he also has the blood of his grandchildren on his hands. And after all that, he just moves on, gets remarried, he has to be a sociopath. I simply can't imagine what his son went through growing up. Not an excuse in anyway. But how could they not be connected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StringTheory3333