FL FL - Miami-Dade Co., WhtFem 791UFFL, 18-25, exhaust burns on calves, Sept'79

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That's what we're told. But it's the denture plate story backed up with medical records?
Her story sounds fishy as it is. Most of the people in these databases usually had a hand in the person missing in the first place. I'd rather test the DNA and it be incorrect than to not submit and it be correct.
Unless I see a medical record for both, I'll take the chance.
If you feel strongly enough I encourage you to submit! I don’t think it can hurt.

If you feel strongly enough I encourage you to submit! I don’t think it can hurt.
I understand your thinking though. I submitted it about 6 hours ago. I do appreciate your feedback though. You make many valid points . Thank you

The missing date isn't just a discrepancy. Self went missing more than three years after Faloan Love was found dead. While your point that murderers distort missing person reports is valid, in this case it would require Self's entire family to be lying, even making up the existence of a baby. I'm not buying it in this case.

The missing date isn't just a discrepancy. Self went missing more than three years after Faloan Love was found dead. While your point that murderers distort missing person reports is valid, in this case it would require Self's entire family to be lying, even making up the existence of a baby. I'm not buying it in this case.
I agree. And you know I’m usually the first onboard with a far fetched possibility. :cool:

I do believe any submission never hurts though.

I agree. And you know I’m usually the first onboard with a far fetched possibility. :cool:

I do believe any submission never hurts though.

On the whole that's true, though friends in LE have me half convinced that patently impossible submissions that take up time to respond maybe aren't doing anybody any good :p

And I've run across a case here and there where I'd believe this degree of falsification. One in Pennsylvania a while back where it turned out the husband and his mother had been lying for around five years about the wife still being alive so they could continue to collect her disability checks comes to mind. People can be crazy and horrible.

On the whole that's true, though friends in LE have me half convinced that patently impossible submissions that take up time to respond maybe aren't doing anybody any good :p

And I've run across a case here and there where I'd believe this degree of falsification. One in Pennsylvania a while back where it turned out the husband and his mother had been lying for around five years about the wife still being alive so they could continue to collect her disability checks comes to mind. People can be crazy and horrible.
Oh yeah. I think falsifications and human errors are pretty prevalent. Especially in recently identified decedents.

It’s a maddening world!

She was REPORTED missing.
Just as Harmony Montgomery wasn't reported missing for 3 years after she disappeared. Summer Wells they STILL don't know the date of her disappearance.
Most of the people that abduct or murder will wait long after so that the unidentified's body WON'T be considered. I believe firmly that if Namus considered the fact that the dates were irrelevant to compare the missing and unidentified that at least 40% of the Namus database would be cleared and matched.
Eye color and date of disappearance should be NOT considered unless they have CCTV camera footage establishing they were alive at the time. Word of mouth is hearsay. It's gossip. They should pull the medical records of EVERY missing person immediately to establish that the height, weight, age data is accurate. But they don't. That should be mandatory in EVERY case. That way you've got dentals, Medical disorders to test for, medications , etc. Scars. Photos in the charts etc. ALL of that data should be in their missing person's case log. We can make that happen though. Through legislation. Also it would provide info of evidence of domestic violence. Help to obtain a suspect as well

That's what we're told. But is the denture plate story backed up with medical records?
Her story sounds fishy as it is. Most of the people in these databases usually had a hand in the person missing in the first place. I'd rather test the DNA and it be incorrect than to not submit and it be correct.
Unless I see a medical record for both, I'll take the chance.
Her town was so small they probably had to go out of town for a dentist.
Yes, people can lie and give LE the running around. In this particular case I think it's safe to say the information provided is coming from her family. Or do you think her mom, dad or brother did this and are hard core liars? I'm having a hard time with your theory....IMO there is nothing fishy with the story, nothing in this story "screams" the one who filed a missing persons has provided false information. Is it possible, yes, is it likely, no.

On the night of March 30, 1983, Aline Self left her baby with her mom. She was last seen at the Wagon Wheel Bar & Restaurant in the company of one female, Lycrecia and two white males. The friends in the bar said that Aline told them she was leaving to go get her daughter since she had to be at work early the next day. She never arrived at her mom's house. Her car was still in the parking lot the next day.

The car was still locked and the keys were not found. Her father and brother broke into it and popped the locked steering column so they could pull it home.

Her family says she did have a wild streak but she was very responsible where the baby was concerned and she would never have left willingly.

Aline was declared dead 5 years after her disappearance.

On July 27, 2006 in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Robert Charles Browne, a Red River Parish native, was indicted for the 1987 death of 15-year-old Rocio Sperry . Bowne, 53, claims responsibility for Aline Self's death as well as two other females in Red River Parish and that of 47 other people across the United States.

Browne was the maintenance man at the apartment where Self lived. He says he entered her unlocked apartment, found her asleep, placed a rag with chloroform over her face and went to get a rope to bind her. When he returned, she was dead. He dumped her body in a river.

Last edited:
Reactions: ipa
I said, and I'll say again, that yes, that kind of lying does happen, and between lies and mistakes, you are probably right about a high percentage of cases that could be solved if the dates were different. No quibble with that at all.

I just think it's beyond unlikely that this case is one of them. I can't see how Fay Aline's particular situation could be off by enough to let her be this particular Jane Doe. She was living near her family. She had friends, a job, a baby. She was out with friends shortly before she disappeared. It would require a conspiracy of at least half a dozen people to make a lie of that magnitude work--somebody would even have to donate a baby. (Not to mention that somebody not connected to her at all has confessed to her murder, so nobody had any reason to distort the date.)

I'd be more willing to believe that the official "date body found" is off by 3+ years than that this particular reported date is off by more than a few hours.

Unknown white female
Case # 258983-Z

Victim:
Unknown W/F, 18-22 years of age, 5'8", 120 lbs, red hair, hazel eyes, wearing blue jeans and a light colored pull over shirt

Occurred: The victim's body was discovered on Tuesday, September 4, 1979, at 7:30 a.m., at the Biscayne Garden Apartments, 15555 N.W. 2 Avenue, Miami, lying near a garbage dumpster at the rear of the apartment complex.

Narrative: The victim's body was discovered by residents of the apartment complex. It appears that the victim was killed at another location and dumped in the area where she was found.

Unknown white female
Case # 258983-Z

Victim:
Unknown W/F, 18-22 years of age, 5'8", 120 lbs, red hair, hazel eyes, wearing blue jeans and a light colored pull over shirt

Occurred: The victim's body was discovered on Tuesday, September 4, 1979, at 7:30 a.m., at the Biscayne Garden Apartments, 15555 N.W. 2 Avenue, Miami, lying near a garbage dumpster at the rear of the apartment complex.

Narrative: The victim's body was discovered by residents of the apartment complex. It appears that the victim was killed at another location and dumped in the area where she was found.
Hi there friend. Thank you for keeping this case alive. Looking at her recon I wonder if it isn't to beautiful and it's sending us in the wrong direction.

I realize this suggestion is a stretch. I have been batting this one back and forth for several months and keep coming to the conclusion (in my mind) that there are too many differences to be possible.

Sitting in my photos are the comparisons shown below and I just came across them yet again and decided to throw this out there because her name is Tina and her middle name is Faye. She was a runaway two times prior (from Delaware, not Ohio) before she went missing the final time in February 1979.

UID was reported to possibly have the first name of “Tina”. She used the alias Faloan which could be pronounced “Fay“ Lynn as noted in a previous post.

Tina is reported to be much shorter and weight is less, plus she was a month shy of her 15th birthday at the time UID was found. This places her 2 years younger than the low age range.

Hair color and eyes appear to match. Could Tina have been taller than reported or UID shorter than the low estimate? What about the timeline, possible?

1689387571817.jpeg
1689387606789.jpeg

I realize this suggestion is a stretch. I have been batting this one back and forth for several months and keep coming to the conclusion (in my mind) that there are too many differences to be possible.

Sitting in my photos are the comparisons shown below and I just came across them yet again and decided to throw this out there because her name is Tina and her middle name is Faye. She was a runaway two times prior (from Delaware, not Ohio) before she went missing the final time in February 1979.

UID was reported to possibly have the first name of “Tina”. She used the alias Faloan which could be pronounced “Fay“ Lynn as noted in a previous post.

Tina is reported to be much shorter and weight is less, plus she was a month shy of her 15th birthday at the time UID was found. This places her 2 years younger than the low age range.

Hair color and eyes appear to match. Could Tina have been taller than reported or UID shorter than the low estimate? What about the timeline, possible?

View attachment 434749
View attachment 434750

Think you have probably mixed up the Does; that's Cobb county Doe, not Tina in this thread.

Think you have probably mixed up the Does; that's Cobb county Doe, not Tina in this thread.

Thank you so much. Obviously, incorrect photo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back