FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/Se...08,600,601,602,603,604&NodeDesc=Orange+County

You have to root out the charges on the non-related; the reason I ran it just on Smith, Dale is because sometimes they don't add all the info and too specific a search omits relevent data.

Anyone know if there is an Obie Dewayne in the family? I only ask because of the charges against him and the similarity of the name. If he is related, it could be nothing less than a family MO.

Link is down...wonder why?

I can understand the suspicion surrounding DS Jr... However isn't it a little too presumptuous to be convicting/sentencing and measuring out the rope to hang the guy?

The first problem is proving there was indeed a crime. All that is known is MP didn't return home, that's not proof of a crime. (Yes, I know and I do agree it's unusual for someone not to return home) However, from a legal perspective if your over 18 you don't have to come home if you choose not to. I believe this is why LE is being extremely cautious. They first and foremost need to prove there was a crime and without some form of evidence that limits them greatly to how much they can do.

No doubt LE have good cause to suspect DS Jr. However, a person having motive doesn't imply they actually did anything. And without further proof I hesitate in saying DS Jr is anything more than a person who had a possible motive. I think other possibilities exist and we would all do wise to consider them instead of just DS Jr. If we are truly to be fair and reasonable that is?

BBM. I wasn't aware that public opinion is legally binding. We have no power to hand down and carry out any sentence. In the past ten threads other possibilities have been discussed. So far though it's amounted to fitting a square peg into a round hole and it all leads back to DSjr and DSsr.

I can understand the suspicion surrounding DS Jr... However isn't it a little too presumptuous to be convicting/sentencing and measuring out the rope to hang the guy?

The first problem is proving there was indeed a crime. All that is known is MP didn't return home, that's not proof of a crime. (Yes, I know and I do agree it's unusual for someone not to return home) However, from a legal perspective if your over 18 you don't have to come home if you choose not to. I believe this is why LE is being extremely cautious. They first and foremost need to prove there was a crime and without some form of evidence that limits them greatly to how much they can do.

No doubt LE have good cause to suspect DS Jr. However, a person having motive doesn't imply they actually did anything. And without further proof I hesitate in saying DS Jr is anything more than a person who had a possible motive. I think other possibilities exist and we would all do wise to consider them instead of just DS Jr. If we are truly to be fair and reasonable that is?

Very well said. I also think he has a right to ask for donations for the kids. As far as him helping in the search, LE killed that idea as soon as the announced him PS.

I don't think LE names someone a suspect until they have done all that you suggested. It's very rare that they name a suspect.............

What of Richard Jewell? LE swore up and down he was the lead suspect in the Centennial Olympic Park bombing...

The point being is just because someone is named a suspect doesn't mean they are guilty of a crime.

I am trying to put together of list of street names (whether residences, where the hummer was found, general area of phone being found, areas searched) so that when I finally am able to get on the scanner tonite without being completely irritated...with my list of codes...I will be able to provide only information that perhaps is relevant to this case.

If you guys have a list of street names off the top of your head or general areas please name them in reponse to this post. I already wrote down like a zillion police codes...so I feel fairly prepared. I don't think anything will happen tonite...but I need the practice. I could barely follow anything on it because their speech is so clipped and sometimes hard to hear/decipher...but that way, when I have time tomorrow, I will be ready to roll.

What of Richard Jewell? LE swore up and down he was the lead suspect in the Centennial Olympic Park bombing...

The point being is just because someone is named a suspect doesn't mean they are guilty of a crime.

I knew Jewell would come up....:banghead: How about all the others that were named suspects and turned out to be guilty? It's not fair to zoom in on that one case. LE is on the right track here...I can hate it, you can hate it - but sometimes, it is what it is.

The 6806 Chaucer Lane address (the canal behind where divers/LE was searching today):

Neighbors say the home on Chaucer Lane is occupied by the elder Smith's sister.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...rker-missing-orlando-20111209,0,5665822.story

it appears that about 4 or 5 houses to the south of the above listed address (where the canal goes under Jordan Ave) that the canal narrows to a tube type spillway (culvert?). I don't know which way the canal flows (if there is any flow) but I would assume it would be toward the south. Maybe someone could enlighten me.

I missed this I'm sure, but what exactly is the benefit of LE naming someone as a suspect or person of interest? Are there any legal insights into doing so? You seem to have a pretty good handle on this type of info, can you, or anyone, give me some insight? Does it change things from a legal standpoint?

it appears that about 4 or 5 houses to the south of the above listed address (where the canal goes under Jordan Ave) that the canal narrows to a tube type spillway (culvert?). I don't know which way the canal flows (if there is any flow) but I would assume it would be toward the south. Maybe someone could enlighten me.

As far as flow direction, I think it's basically nill. It does connect at the North end to Lake Jessamine (everyone that I know pronounces it Jasmine). I am not 100% sure, but I do believe it is pretty stagnant/still water.

I for one am not 100% convinced that DS did something here. I am also not 100% that he didn't or didn't at least have something to do with it. I was reading about the ex wife's death and it appears she died while with a friend of DS? They ruled it a drug overdose but she also had a blow to the head from what I read. DS was not even in FL at the time of her death but how do we know he didn't pay this 'friend' to do something. I think it's likely if he did something to MP he had an accomplice (JMHO). It is possible that he paid someone to do something to her also. I really think it's wise to look at all the possibilities here. And of course it's totally possibly that this was a random act by a complete stranger. It happens all the time.

Have any of you ever had a family member or an actual suspect comment on any of the forums here? Just curious!

Very well said. I also think he has a right to ask for donations for the kids. As far as him helping in the search, LE killed that idea as soon as the announced him PS.

he has a right to ask...and the unmitigated gall.

I am trying to put together of list of street names (whether residences, where the hummer was found, general area of phone being found, areas searched) so that when I finally am able to get on the scanner tonite without being completely irritated...with my list of codes...I will be able to provide only information that perhaps is relevant to this case.

If you guys have a list of street names off the top of your head or general areas please name them in reponse to this post. I already wrote down like a zillion police codes...so I feel fairly prepared. I don't think anything will happen tonite...but I need the practice. I could barely follow anything on it because their speech is so clipped and sometimes hard to hear/decipher...but that way, when I have time tomorrow, I will be ready to roll.

Quoting myself...lol..so far LittleBitty's list of streets/ areas:
1. Chaucer Lane
2. Jordan Avenue
3. Econlockhatchee Trail
4. Curry Ford Road
5. Lee Vista Blvd.
6. Orange Blossom Trail
7. Golden Rod Road
8. Conroy Road
9. Vineland Road
10. Oakridge Road

Have any of you ever had a family member or an actual suspect comment on any of the forums here? Just curious!

Not on this board. This was about 8 yrs ago...when my friend was brutally murdered. Her mother (using her real name as her handle :banghead:) would often come on that board and ask all sorts of questions and get bombarded with pm's and requests for emails. It got so bad that as soon as we saw her online one of us would tell her to just log off...because people would say all kinds of upsetting things and it would make her very upset. I understood why she wanted to be on that forum but it was very upsetting for her and wasn't safe because she was willing to talk to/ share information with anyone who said they knew anything.

Just my :twocents:

They are searching those places for a reason. Surely they either got tips or found something on her phone to make them go to these 2 locations. Would it be possible for them to subpoena DS phone records? What if HE had GPS turned on and this is his movements that day and the days following her disappearance?

BBM...they have already supoena'ed DS phone records. That's why they were searching the areas they were last week, Lake Eleanor.

--why isn't he capable of getting back to work?

--he-----and his attorney markNJ know darn well that michelle's family would LOVE to take the kids, even briefly.

--in addition to missing their MOM, i'm sure they're missing the family that they've grown up with their entire lives.

--as well as missing their friends at the daycare that michelle would take them to.

--"staying home to look after the kids" so please give me $$$'s----is such a pathetic cop out.

--there is absolutely no reason for him to stay home all day every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668