FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about the phone. Wasn't it powered down somewhere other than where it was found? If that is the case, then someone saw somebody throw that phone off that bridge because there is no way LE found it based on pings.

So LE knows exactly what vehicle was on that bridge when someone threw a cell phone out of it and what direction it was travelling IMO.

Here is the link to the video that DS2 is in....but to me it looks like he is right handed by the way he is holding his gun and throws... if he is the storm trooper I think and has a brown and black shoulder piece.

Makazie One - Star Wars Fan Film on Vimeo

Just to illustrate exactly the extent of my anal retention, I want to express how frustrated I feel to have said "sited" (see the bolded word above) when I know I should have said "cited." Aaaargh! Okay, I'm over it now. Don't worry, no head explosion will occur.

Can't think of a better job for a perfectionist than that list you're maintaining nobodynoz. I always know the information will be as accurate and up to date as possible. Thank you.

Oh and it's okay, eventually the typos won't bother you as much. I'm a perfectionist too and know I gave up worrying long ago. :floorlaugh:

Re the bold. Arghhhh! :pullhair: I can't get the link to work in here from the Google map I pulled up. If you go to Google maps and type in Orlando, FL Nela Bridge it should bring you to that bridge. Zoom all the way in and choose street view... drag the little man icon to the middle of the bridge and you should see a nice picture of what that bridge looks like from the road and you should be able to manipulate the map to look in any direction you'd like. IMHO, that bridge is narrow enough for the phone to have been thrown from either side of the road and going either direction (provided the thrower was strong enough).

:tyou:

I have a question about the phone. Wasn't it powered down somewhere other than where it was found? If that is the case, then someone saw somebody throw that phone off that bridge because there is no way LE found it based on pings.

So LE knows exactly what vehicle was on that bridge when someone threw a cell phone out of it and what direction it was travelling IMO.

Is it possible LE could obtain pings or GPS data without having the phone in their possesion yet? I know they can see ping activity without the phone, but how about getting GPS data through the phone carrier possibly?

Just to illustrate exactly the extent of my anal retention, I want to express how frustrated I feel to have said "sited" (see the bolded word above) when I know I should have said "cited." Aaaargh! Okay, I'm over it now. Don't worry, no head explosion will occur.
I didn't even notise. I'm still trying to figure out Rose Blvd, Av, St, etc. LOL

Okay after seeing this bridge, the phone could have been thrown any which way with any hand by driver or passenger. There is no way to tell even what direction the vehicle was travelling IMO.

abpgu1.png

Phone was found to the right of the bridge looking at this picture.

MOO

the red dot that marks the phone location is on the WEST end of the bridge and there is a lot of land there (maybe wet land) and there is a light pole near the east end... its kinda like they almost didnt throw it in time. jmo

Is it possible LE could obtain pings or GPS data without having the phone in their possesion yet? I know they can see ping activity without the phone, but how about getting GPS data through the phone carrier possibly?

To the best of my knowledge a cell phone will not ping and any location services that are on it will not work if a phone is powered off. Here's an article on the location services.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/230846/find_a_lost_iphone_putting_tracking_apps_to_the_test.html

Bottom Line
Find My iPhone is good for iPhone owners who are looking for a tracking solution only and are not interested in bells and whistles.

iHound is good for parents who want to put an insurance policy--of sorts--on the iPhone they bought for their kid, and also gives parents the ability to keep tabs on their child.

GadgetTrak is the tool for people whowant not only to track their iPhone, but to see who has it.

None of these services offered perfect iPhone tracking, and none of them helped me locate a lost device in all situations. And none of them will work if a thief decides to power off your iPhone.

Tough question- Not sure because it can be turned off and not sent to whoever apple, At&t etc but I think its still in a file on the phone...but you know they can locate your lost phone so real time GPS is used there.

I just read that geotagging goes on with IPhone photos so all photos would have a location embedded into it....I didnt know that either...until now.

at 8:08pm the phone either pinged or powered down near this area East Oak ridge and Belle Isle...

JMO- I bet her phone was pinging off the wall after not showing up for work..

Ok does this bridge fit into that description or area?
I guess so if LE was getting the preliminary informationout that they wanted us to hear.

Ive learn so much from these cases ...one night my daughter didnt come home from work on time and me fearing the worst (of course) I started pinging her phone every two minutes...when she finally called me to let me know she was ok and with friends....she said I was OCD calling almost 40 times....I have to laugh and told her I was making a snail trail to follow her kidnappers movement... But now she calls me when she's late.:floorlaugh:

at 8:08pm the phone either pinged or powered down near this area East Oak ridge and Belle Isle...

I guess so if LE was getting the preliminary informationout that they wanted us to hear.

Ive learn so much from these cases ...one night my daughter didnt come home from work on time and me fearing the worst (of course) I started pinging her phone every two minutes...when she finally called me to let me know she was ok and with friends....she said I was OCD calling almost 40 times....I have to laugh and told her I was making a snail trail to follow her kidnappers movement... But now she calls me when she's late.:floorlaugh:

CaptDJ - you're a great parent! :rocker:

But maybe this will alleviate your fears a bit - as long as a phone is powered on, it will ping every 2-5 seconds.

I would say the phone would be in his dominant hand, and the wheel in his other. JMO

I am a "righty" in all senses of the word ;) and drive with my right hand and text with my left. Yeah I know texting = wrecking... Shame on me!

I'm probably wrong on this as there is so much information and I'm following a few cases but I thought the phone powered down somewhere around where the command centre at the old Jesse Black Saloon was. :waitasec:

Snail trail to follow her kidnappers movement...now that was funny although I'm sure it wasn't at the time!! She must have told you to keep far away from this site when you said that. :floorlaugh:

I am a "righty" in all senses of the word ;) and drive with my right hand and text with my left. Yeah I know texting = wrecking... Shame on me!

Remember not to do that when you head north and cross the border. That's almost more illegal here than smoking "herbs". :floorlaugh:

Remember not to do that when you head north and cross the border. That's almost more illegal here than smoking "herbs". :floorlaugh:

But hey I've gotten good at playing Fruit Ninjas with my lefthand while driving. Lol Just kidding of course (kind of)...

Okay, my turn to have a cell phone question or two. Wish Kelly were still here, but I think maybe there are others of you who have the expertise.

Is there ever any chance that a cell phone could stay on a significant amount of time under water?

Why does it have to be that the cell phone was thrown off this bridge at 8 PM? Couldn't it have been thrown off earlier than that, and it happened to land in some weeds and remained out of water for a while?

Or perhaps it never actually went underwater, and just stayed on the weeds, and the battery was depleted, so it shut down because of that.

What I'm trying to say is, could the phone have been thrown over the bridge at, say, six PM (or whatever time) and just not shut down until 8?

Okay, my turn to have a cell phone question or two. Wish Kelly were still here, but I think maybe there are others of you who have the expertise.

Is there ever any chance that a cell phone could stay on a significant amount of time under water?

Why does it have to be that the cell phone was thrown off this bridge at 8 PM? Couldn't it have been thrown off earlier than that, and it happened to land in some weeds and remained out of water for a while?

Or perhaps it never actually went underwater, and just stayed on the weeds, and the battery was depleted, so it shut down because of that.

What I'm trying to say is, could the phone have been thrown over the bridge at, say, six PM (or whatever time) and just not shut down until 8?

6 p.m., not possible because the phone pinged at 8 p.m. west of where it was found (aka the bridge), in the area of Oak Ridge Road near Belle Isle. Maybe shortly thereafter, though. :seeya:

From what an expert on NG said, phones don't ping when they power down (lose battery life, are turned off) but there was a "final" ping at 8 p.m. very close to the bridge where the phone was found - north-west of the bridge - meaning it last pinged heading BACK to DS JR's apartment. And if that's the case, the phone would have been thrown out the driver's side window, over the other lane, to land where it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18