GA - Rapper Young + others indicted on RICO & other charges, May 2022. Trial ongoing April 2023, interruptions, lawyer arrested. Fulton County. #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@cathyrusson

The #YoungThug #YSL trial resumes with the jury on Monday morning at 8am ET. It will have been EIGHT weeks since the jury was inside the courtroom. The last thing they heard was Woody on the stand. Woody returns to the stand Monday, but will he refuse to testify and be jailed for the remainder of the trial? He said it "depends on how I wake up."

Judge Whitaker is on the bench as attorneys talk about instructions to give to the jury.

RICO expert John Floyd is there sitting next to Adriane Love.
Here is a story about who Floyd is.

Whitaker once again clarifies that if Kenneth "Woody" Copeland refuses to testify today, they are going to tell the jury to disregard all of his testimony, including evidence introduced.If Woody does testify, then only testimony after the afternoon of June 12 will be stricken.

Love asked if Whitaker could add a line that says "unless and until he decides to testify" but Whitaker said she wasn't planning to and will give the jury instructions later if Woody does end up testifying after first refusing to do so.

"I instruct you and admonish you now that you must disregard any and all of (Woody's) testimony and any evidence introduced during his testimony, unless you are later instructed differently, you may not consider this evidence at all in your deliberation and in reaching a verdict.

If Woody does plan to take the stand, Whitaker plans to give the jury a different instruction.

If he testifies: "You are to disregard any and all testimony and evidence that came after the questioning and answers about (Woody's) involvement in the Atlanta Blood Gang, ABG and his Jan. 11, 2015 interview with Thorpe of the APD." It will be everything after 3 pm June 12.

Whitaker once again clears up that there are two separate instruction in the eventuality that Copeland testifies or doesn't testify.If he doesn't testify, all testimony is stricken. If he does, then only testimony after a break at 3 p.m. on June 12 through June 17 is stricken.

Whitaker once again says that she is going to ask jurors if they are able to disregard the testimony."If there are any of you who can't set aside and completely disregard that portion of (Woody's) testimony during your deliberations, let me know now and we'll go from there.”

Whitaker said last week that any jurors who said they couldn't disregard the testimony could be excused.There are only 16 jurors left, which means that if 5 are excused, there would be a mistrial.

Keith Adams said there is no consensus among defense attorneys that the question is necessary or not. Whitaker said she plans to ask it over some attorneys objecting.

@JozsefPapp_

@cathyrusson

If Woody decides to testify vs. going to jail today, the jury will be told to disregard anything before 3 pm on June 10th....... (that seems impossible)

Kenneth "Lil Woody" Copeland will be on the stand after this break to say if he plans to testify.
@MrDennisByron reported Woody's wearing a suit today. Here are some of his outfits from :

Lil Woody on the stand day 109.
1723473167586.png

"I've been pressured from the get go." Woody told Judge Whitaker that even with the meeting with Judge Glanville he was pressured.

"Is this the same thing that Glanville did to me?" Lil Woody.

"Your honor, I'm telling you to your face.....if I sit here and testify...either way I go, I 'm going to jail." Woody believes if he testifies, the state will prove (and he's admitted) to lying before about crimes and he'll be jailed anyway. Judge Whitaker assures him that won't happen.

"Alright." Woody finally, begrudgingly, agrees to testify.

Judge Whitaker asked the jurors if they had a problem disregarding certain portions of Copeland's previous testimony. None of them spoke up. I wonder if they remember anything of substance from his testimony since it was so long ago and his testimony was all over the place.

Court has been in a break as jurors are in the back identifying notes in their notebooks they took regarding Woody's testimony that they now have to disregard. Once this process is done, Woody will be back on the stand testifying.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alwaysseeking
Back