FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. IMO, that seems to be something you would tell your family so they don't worry. Maybe it starts out that way, but I can't believe that you can sustain a "mobile" business based on that. I wonder if she normally kept her tanning equipment at the salon. That would make a lot of sense of her text from that morning saying she would "grab" something and "do it" that seemed out of place. Did she have her equipment in her car?

The text message is in the timeline: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - #11

BBM

She was going to grab the hair treatment and do it herself.

BBM

So did she go to the salon, grab the treatment before she left to pick up the kids? Or is she going somewhere else to buy it? Like the shops we have that sell beauty supply stuff? Do you know?

Never mind it sounds like in the text she is going to get it at her mom's shop.

May 24, 2012
ORLANDO - The Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the Orlando Police Department are assembling a daylong Specialized Multi Agency Review Team (SMART) to examine the evidence collected in the Michelle Parker missing person case. A SMART is assembled to rejuvenate cold cases in an effort to develop additional leads. The SMART is comprised of investigators who have previously worked the Parker case and investigators who have not.

“I am hopeful the smart panel will develop the one piece of the puzzle in Michelle's disappearance,” says Orlando Police Chief Paul Rooney.

Once the SMART concludes, investigators will follow-up on new evidence or leads.

SMART REVIEW TEAM
Lt. Paul Zambouros – Orange County Sheriff’s Office
Mr. Phil Williams - Retired Metropolitan Bureau of Investigation
Lt. Kevin Brubaker - Seminole County Sheriff’s Office
Sgt. Adrian Youngblood – Seminole County Sheriff’s Office
Hap Hopkins – Florida Department of Law Enforcement
Pat Whitaker – State Attorney’s Office, 18th Judicial Circuit
William Moore – Metropolitan Bureau of Investigation
Wayne Ivey – Retired Florida Department of Law Enforcement
SAS David Lee - Florida Department of Law Enforcement
Lt. Pete Moon - DeLand Police Department
Captain John Mina – Orlando Police Department
Lt. Todd Pursley - Orlando Police Department
Sgt. Richard Lane - Orlando Police Department
Sgt. Darren Esan - Orlando Police Department
Det. Mike Moreschi - Orlando Police Department
Det. Patrick Schneider - Orlando Police Department
Lt. Christine Gigicos - Orlando Police Department
Det. Ed Michael - Orlando Police Department
Ashley Garner – Florida Department of Law Enforcement
Caren Allen - Florida Department of Law Enforcement

For Further Information Contact:
Gretl Plessinger or Keith Kameg
FDLE Office of Public Information
(850) 410-7001

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content/News/FDLE-and-Orlando-Police-to-convene-review-team-in-.aspx

Hope they find you Michelle!

Artzypantz

I wish they would come out and say what that "ONE PIECE OF THE PUZZLE" is they are looking to develop! Why not say what you have so those in the community can HELP solve this case! I think if they have something they think can be developed into new leads or pull it all together for them, they should speak up so someone might talk who knows something or someone in the community might be able to give a tip that helps pull it all together!
It seems sometimes when they dont speak up or say what they have, cases dont get solved! Please let that smart panel solve this or speak up and speak out to the public!

MOO
Artzypantz

I remember this! Thank you! I also remember questioning that statement bc in all seriousness it could be considered false advertisement & potential clients could complain about the inconvenience of going to the salon when her H3 very clearly informs Mobile Tanning. Kinda seems odd...

But this statement from her mother is all we have to go on. We can choose to believe it or not, but AFAIK, there is no evidence to the contrary.

I remember this! Thank you! I also remember questioning that statement bc in all seriousness it could be considered false advertisement & potential clients could complain about the inconvenience of going to the salon when her H3 very clearly informs Mobile Tanning. Kinda seems odd...

Sorry to quote myself but now I'm seriously questioning why, & if it's even a fact at all, that Michelle would have her first time clients meet her at her Mother's salon knowing she advertised on her H3. & FB that it's a mobile tanning business. It's not located anywhere on the Strandz site that GLOW spray tanning is available, no tanning services are listed as of today's date 6/8/12, so myself being a consumer would totally hang up on somebody that suggested I meet her at her Mother's salon after being advertised that it's a mobile convenience.

Something's hinky...

Strandz website:
http://strandzsalon.co/index.php

Strandz services:
http://strandzsalon.co/services.php

I've gone through every single page, including links, and there's nothing at all mentioning tanning.

I felt funny when Michelle's sister quick answered that there would be backup if A got home but Michelle was running behind or what have you, almost made me feel as though it could have been done in the past but maybe they didn't want authorities or A's dad to know the 11 y/o son was home alone for fear he'd be taken away... Now I totally wonder why it was said that Michelle would bring first time clients to her mom's shop, sort of insinuating its bc she was being cautious of those she didn't know...but it's totally not at all what she advertised. Not in the least... If somebody lived in South Orlando & called Michelle for a tan, why would they wanna drive all the way to Oviedo just to have Michelle spray them knowing they could go to any tanning salon very near them to do the same? The only reason somebody would call a mobile tanning business would be for the sheer convenience. If its not convenient, they ain't calling, bc spray tan is all pretty similar. So why say she'd have her first time clients meet her at the salon? It doesn't make sense...

I just took snapshots of each page of the website for backup. No tanning at all offered. I'd suspect that could raise insurance rates anyway. Being a hair business, I think anything spray tan related, or even UVA/UVB booths, would have to go through the health board & be approved to include in the business.

I hope everything works out well for her. It is not something I would do.

My point is that it's not that unusual, IMO. And I don't believe it makes a big difference, really. If someone has your phone number, they have your phone number, whether it's a business line or personal line. JMO.

My point is that it's not that unusual, IMO. And I don't believe it makes a big difference, really. If someone has your phone number, they have your phone number, whether it's a business line or personal line. JMO.

I agree. Personally, I don't know many small businesses that don't have magnets or stickies on their vehicles advertising their number. Also, most that I know use their cell for business and for personal use. In today's tech age, the majority of consumers don't have a landline & use their cells for everything. Several people might consider it an inconvenience to have to tote around 2 cells. There is technology that utilizes 1 phone with 2 lines, but I thought that was only available for landline service... Can that be done with a cell phone too?

Now I totally wonder why it was said that Michelle would bring first time clients to her mom's shop, sort of insinuating its bc she was being cautious of those she didn't know...but it's totally not at all what she advertised. Not in the least... If somebody lived in South Orlando & called Michelle for a tan, why would they wanna drive all the way to Oviedo just to have Michelle spray them knowing they could go to any tanning salon very near them to do the same? The only reason somebody would call a mobile tanning business would be for the sheer convenience. If its not convenient, they ain't calling, bc spray tan is all pretty similar. So why say she'd have her first time clients meet her at the salon? It doesn't make sense...

[Respectfully snipped for space and BBM]
I totally agree with you (see bold). It's possible that Michelle only told her mom this so she wouldn't worry. But, like I said, her mother's statement is all we have to go on. We can speculate, but as far as I know, no one has come forward to contradict her mother's statement. Anyway, I'm sure police have this covered. Michelle used her iPhone to schedule appointments and police are in possession of her iPhone.

I just took snapshots of each page of the website for backup. No tanning at all offered. I'd suspect that could raise insurance rates anyway. Being a hair business, I think anything spray tan related, or even UVA/UVB booths, would have to go through the health board & be approved to include in the business.

BBM

Maybe it was on there and since it was Michelle's business it's no longer offered? jmo

ETA: It would be hard to offer a service, if she were the only one lic. in that business and then again maybe it was never advertized on their website.

I guess I'm just paranoid, then. I would never use my personal contact information for business purposes.

BBM

That would explain some things. I guess she would have been late after shoe shopping with her mom, so she stopped by more like 12:30 (after getting some KFC) and left around 2:30pm. Is that about right?

I would still be interested in knowing if she had her tanning equipment or normally left it at the salon.

I likewise agree with JerseyGirl (how many of us are from Jersey on here?) that her calls home or backup for her 11 year old may not have been as immediate as stated. Nothing unusual or bad there as my younger brother often came home on at that age... maybe even younger. It all depends on the maturity level of the kid. I would imagine that she would normally call sometime before 5pm and that her son probably didn't notice the time because of video games or tv. Of course it is so much easier to call nowadays.

As far as the sinkhole data goes, the primary suspect look to be west of the city. Knowing how much gas was in the tank (especially knowing that the hummers aren't exactly efficient) would be very helpful there to figure out possibilities. If Dale was smart enough to do everything else, there is no way he would pull into a gas station to get gas. Nor would anyone else.

BBM

Maybe it was on there and since it was Michelle's business it's no longer offered? jmo

ETA: It would be hard to offer a service, if she were the only one lic. in that business and then again maybe it was never advertized on their website.

Hi Sparky :seeya: What you suggest would make sense but it didn't show up on a cache search either. I'm thinking it wasn't ever listed on the salon's site. We could speculate that maybe it was advertised at the establishment but not online, however that would be even more weird bc everything the salon offers is detailed online. If they're going to advertise waxing, surely they'd advertise tanning... No?

I guess I'm just paranoid, then. I would never use my personal contact information for business purposes.

You're def not paranoid! I wouldn't do it either! 10 years ago, my hubby & his buddy had a plumbing & hvac biz. He had magnets on the side of his truck doors that I promptly tossed bc the moron had them made up with his cell as well as our home line. They then got Nextel & used diff lines bc I threw such a fit...but they complained every single day about the inconvenience of two cellphones.

missingm, yeah I agree & you summed up what I was trying to say! There's many kids that are latch key. It would depend on their maturity, responsibility level, area of demographic, many factors. Kids in NYC take the subway, same thing for Baltimore.

Okay, Michelle gets something at KFC and then goes to the Salon to see mom and sis, and leaves around 2:30. Do we know if her and her mom went shoe shopping during this time frame? I only ask because she wanted her hair done when she texted at 9:30 but then changes her mind to just grabbing it there and doing it later by herself. So the two hours were spent at the shop or with mom? Just trying to get a mind set here about her day and what led up to 3:18.

I wish they would come out and say what that "ONE PIECE OF THE PUZZLE" is they are looking to develop! Why not say what you have so those in the community can HELP solve this case! I think if they have something they think can be developed into new leads or pull it all together for them, they should speak up so someone might talk who knows something or someone in the community might be able to give a tip that helps pull it all together!
It seems sometimes when they dont speak up or say what they have, cases dont get solved! Please let that smart panel solve this or speak up and speak out to the public!

MOO
Artzypantz

IMO LE has a pretty tight case against Dale....I doubt they will tip their hand in ANY way at this time..UNLESS they had info they thought would gather more leads WITHOUT sacrificing the integrity of the investigation. IMO they know when the Hummer left and entered the complex, whether it had decals on or off and other important details that lead to only ONE conclusion...Dale WAS involved. That is most likely why they are not seeking public assistance. They know what happened...but need to find Michelle first and only one person and his accomplices know where Michelle is. The SMART panel will solve this and do NOT need the public's help...By not releasing certain data, they have a MUCH higher chance of conviction by the DA. All JMO

Okay, Michelle gets something at KFC and then goes to the Salon to see mom and sis, and leaves around 2:30. Do we know if her and her mom went shoe shopping during this time frame? I only ask because she wanted her hair done when she texted at 9:30 but then changes her mind to just grabbing it there and doing it later by herself. So the two hours were spent at the shop or with mom? Just trying to get a mind set here about her day and what led up to 3:18.

She texted her sister at 10:20 and canceled her 11:30 appointment, then is seen on video at KFC at 12:23. So, I'm guessing they went shopping between 10:20 and 12:23. Not sure we have a confirmed time of her arrival at the salon, but family say she left at 2:30. I always figured she went to the salon right after getting lunch, and did the keratin treatment herself at the salon, but that's just a guess.

IMO Since the private sitter (which was discovered via some links here and there) lives in Waterford Lakes I would assume Michelle dropped the kids off in the morning, went shoe shopping with mom in Waterford Lakes, then ran her errands. It was said somewhere, and I'm sorry I don't remember where, Michelle was going to stop and pick something up the Salon ran out of. (There is a Sally's Beauty Supply in Fern Park) and that's where she was caught on the video at KFC at 12:22 pm.

IMO in the Orlando traffic, She could not have made it from the Salon, to the sitter and to the condo by 3:18 if she left the Salon at 2:30. Also, IMO the sitter was the last one besides Dale to see Michelle.

jmo

IMO Since the private sitter (which was discovered via some links here and there) lives in Waterford Lakes I would assume Michelle dropped the kids off in the morning, went shoe shopping with mom in Waterford Lakes, then ran her errands. It was said somewhere, and I'm sorry I don't remember where, Michelle was going to stop and pick something up the Salon ran out of. (There is a Sally's Beauty Supply in Fern Park) and that's where she was caught on the video at KFC at 12:22 pm.

IMO in the Orlando traffic, She could not have made it from the Salon, to the sitter and to the condo by 3:18 if she left the Salon at 2:30. Also, IMO the sitter was the last one besides Dale to see Michelle.

jmo

Now see, this is why it's nice to share opinions & stuff, bc I assumed she picked up the twins and then stopped at the salon... Thanks Sparky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amoody22