FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I read previously that she met her clients the first time through the beauty shop that her mom and sister ran. So she may have used that number.

I thought I read previously that she met her clients the first time through the beauty shop that her mom and sister ran. So she may have used that number.

You're right. I don't have a link right this second, but either YS or Lauren did say Michelle would have clients meet her at the salon unless she knew them personally. But I think I also heard somewhere that it was Michelle's own phone number on the decals. Not certain on that last bit. I'll have to look through my notes for this.

EDITED TO ADD:

Here ya go-- from the Nancy Grace program, Nov. 28, 2011
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1111/28/ng.01.html

GRACE: Your daughter is a real go-getter. I mean, she has these children. She has a job. She has started her own business with her spray tan. And speaking of the spray tan, Ms. Stewart, isn`t it true that on her Hummer, her black Hummer, she had these big decals that advertised her business, did she not?

STEWART: Yes, she did. Very distinctive. Nobody could miss that car.

GRACE: What did the decals say?

STEWART: It said "GLOW" in huge letters. And the letters kind of looked like diamonds. And it said "Mobile airbrush tanning," you know? And then of course, it had her phone number. But she never did anything with anybody she didn`t know. She`s not stupid. She would (INAUDIBLE)

GRACE: Hold on just a moment.

STEWART: Pardon me?

GRACE: You`re saying "GLOW." There we -- that`s what I wanted. We`re showing it right now, "GLOW mobile airbrush tanning." So she would - - would she go to people that wanted the airbrush tanning? She would go to them?

STEWART: If they were somebody that she knew. Like, say, she has a friend that`s getting married, she would go to them. Otherwise, they would come to my salon, where you know, they would be there. She would never go anywhere alone to anybody that she didn`t know.

It could be done on the same line and I'm sure she would be able to identify her personal calls, but even so, most people don't want to mix business calls with personal on the same line. Among other things, the business number circulates and is still out there even if the business shuts down, which can result in annoying calls into the future, not to mention the general dangers of having one's personal number available for anyone to have and research. Being as beautiful as she is and working as she did as a bartender, having her personal number plastered on the side of her Hummer would just seem like an invitation for trouble.

I actually know several people who use their personal cell number as their business number. One of these people is a drop-dead gorgeous girl who has a mobile hairstyling business and advertises her cell phone number on magnetic signs on her car.

And IF someone was up to no good and called her cell, we would know that by now. Too bad for Dale that there was no evidence of that on her cell records.

And IF someone was up to no good and called her cell, we would know that by now. Too bad for Dale that there was no evidence of that on her cell records.

How would we know that someone that might have called her cell was "up to no good'? And conversely, how do we know that someone who did not call her cell was not "up to no good"? And what makes one think that "we would know by now" either way since the police have released no evidence so far pointing to anyone's guilt? And do we know the exact content of her cell records or any relevant part thereof? And if so, how one concludes that any of this, factual or not, is particularly bad for Dale which is arguably the case for just about anything that does not prove or does not point to someone other then Dale being responsible for the crime, up to and including the fact that the sun does indeed come up in the morning? And is it true that by simply not knowing "X" we can therefore deduce the value of "Y"? Just asking and please don't shoot the messenger. :)

Thirteen - Welcome to Websleuths!

I found this... September of 2011, Onstar started emailing and/or contacting their clients to inform them that starting December 2011 their company would still maintain a 2-way connection to their vehicle unless said person completely opts out & states otherwise. Michelle disappeared November of 2011 & her OnStar was deactivated, so would they have still kept records during that time? Thanks for your insight into this! Great to have a techie on Michelle's forum!

http://m.wired.com/threatlevel/2011/09/onstar-tracks-you/

OnStar Tracks Your Car Even When You Cancel Service
By David Kravets
September 20, 2011*|* 8:04 pm*|*

Snipped:
Navigation-and-emergency-services company OnStar is notifying its six million account holders that it will keep a complete accounting of the speed and location of OnStar-equipped vehicles, even for drivers who discontinue monthly service.

Snipped:
The connection will continue, he said, to make it “easier to re-enroll” in the program, which charges plans from $19 to $29 monthly for help with navigation and emergencies. Canceling customers must opt out of the continued surveillance monitoring program, according to the privacy policy.

The privacy changes take effect in December, Denison said, adding that the policy reinforces the company’s right to sell anonymized data.

Thirteen - Welcome to Websleuths!

I found this... September of 2011, Onstar started emailing and/or contacting their clients to inform them that starting December 2011 their company would still maintain a 2-way connection to their vehicle unless said person completely opts out & states otherwise. Michelle disappeared November of 2011 & her OnStar was deactivated, so would they have still kept records during that time? Thanks for your insight into this! Great to have a techie on Michelle's forum!

http://m.wired.com/threatlevel/2011/09/onstar-tracks-you/

OnStar Tracks Your Car Even When You Cancel Service
By David Kravets
September 20, 2011*|* 8:04 pm*|*

Snipped:
Navigation-and-emergency-services company OnStar is notifying its six million account holders that it will keep a complete accounting of the speed and location of OnStar-equipped vehicles, even for drivers who discontinue monthly service.

Snipped:
The connection will continue, he said, to make it “easier to re-enroll” in the program, which charges plans from $19 to $29 monthly for help with navigation and emergencies. Canceling customers must opt out of the continued surveillance monitoring program, according to the privacy policy.

The privacy changes take effect in December, Denison said, adding that the policy reinforces the company’s right to sell anonymized data.

One can remove the physical system itself or disable its satellite connection.

One can remove the physical system itself or disable it's satellite connection.

You're correct, as researching informs the runners for chop shops can perform this in mere minutes. Coincidentally, one of the very reasons I steered away from the "carjacking" scenario is bc the H3 was found intact. When a Hummer is jacked, it's not resold "as-is" or even painted/modified - its chopped for parts to be used on other rebuilds in various forms or the parts would be sold on the black market mainly through Mexico. The H3 was completely intact, I don't even think the VIN was scratched or welded over. IMO, this was never a carjacking gone awry & the cops would have known that right away.

Does anyone know about the side window stickers? I forget if they were left on OR removed like the rear GLOW decal was removed?

You're correct, as researching informs the runners for chop shops can perforce this in mere minutes. Coincidentally, one of the very reasons I steered away from the "carjacking" scenario is bc the H3 was found intact. When a Hummer is jacked, it's not resold "as-is" or even painted/modified - its chopped for parts to be used on other rebuilds in various form or the parts would be sold on the black market mainly through Mexico. The H3 was completely intact, I don't even think the VZiN was scratched or welded over. IMO, this was never a carjacking gone awry & the cops would have known that right away.

Your theory assumes 3 crucial points implicitly and/or explicitly IMO:

1. That the satellite connection can be disabled in minutes in a chop shop and not during a theoretical "carjacking". Satellite connections are electronically powered and it may be a simple issue of knowing where a single wire is located.

2. That it is a fact the police stated unequivocally that the H3 was found "intact" and that that includes all of its electronic systems.

3. That the system was functioning normally at the time of the abduction.

If all 3 are true then I would agree with your premise.

However, if in fact the system was tracking the movements of the H3, then I would venture a guess that this case would have been much further along then it seems to be at this time.

Does anyone know about the side window stickers? I forget if they were left on OR removed like the rear GLOW decal was removed?

Iirc, that's in thread #1 and iirc the side window stickers had been removed also.
I was just looking at it yesterday....

I actually know several people who use their personal cell number as their business number. One of these people is a drop-dead gorgeous girl who has a mobile hairstyling business and advertises her cell phone number on magnetic signs on her car.

I hope everything works out well for her. It is not something I would do.

Would the side and back Glow advertising obstruct her view along with the tinting? I am wondering if someone was to come up along side the hummer if she would see them if they approached the passenger side of the hummer.

You're right. I don't have a link right this second, but either YS or Lauren did say Michelle would have clients meet her at the salon unless she knew them personally. But I think I also heard somewhere that it was Michelle's own phone number on the decals. Not certain on that last bit. I'll have to look through my notes for this.

EDITED TO ADD:

Here ya go-- from the Nancy Grace program, Nov. 28, 2011
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1111/28/ng.01.html

BBM. IMO, that seems to be something you would tell your family so they don't worry. Maybe it starts out that way, but I can't believe that you can sustain a "mobile" business based on that. I wonder if she normally kept her tanning equipment at the salon. That would make a lot of sense of her text from that morning saying she would "grab" something and "do it" that seemed out of place. Did she have her equipment in her car?

The text message is in the timeline: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - #11
"Ok, going <insert "shoe" icons> shopping with mom. I'll come by n grab it & do it"

Your theory assumes 3 crucial points implicitly and/or explicitly IMO:

1. That the satellite connection can be disabled in minutes in a chop shop and not during a theoretical "carjacking". Satellite connections are electronically powered and it may be a simple issue of knowing where a single wire is located.

2. That it is a fact the police stated unequivocally that the H3 was found "intact" and that that includes all of his electronic systems.

3. That the system was functioning normally at the time of the abduction.

If all 3 are true then I would agree with your premise.

However, if in fact the system was tracking the movements of the H3, then I would venture a guess that this case would have been much further along then it seems to be at this time.

My fault, I actually should have made my post more clear...

The runner or the carjacker working for the chopshop, or in coordination with any theft ring really, would know how to detatch it before even jacking it, otherwise they'd be stupid bc OnStar could follow them to the chop shop lol. The only thing is they'd have to know if it was disabled to begin with or not bc OnStar has a built in anti theft mechanism that will stall a vehicle or automatically notify 911...unless that wasn't in effect November 2011. When did that go into effect, do you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member