FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The might makes all the difference. That word was left out with regard to Dale being a meth addict. IMO.

ETA: I am by far not the only person who thinks Michelle might have taken off and yeah, her appearance on PC (figuratively as well as literally) plays into that.

Michelle's appearance on PC is a matter of your opinion. There is no evidence whatsoever that she was embarrassed at how her hair looked on the show. There's not even any evidence that she watched the show. I personally did not think she was having a "bad hair day" at all. That's just my opinion.

But to assert that Michelle would abandon her family because she was embarrassed about the way her hair looked, is, IMHO, completely without basis, i.e. wild speculation.

Dale's history of drug abuse is a matter of public record. I don't necessarily believe that he's a "meth head", but I don't think it's a stretch to believe he still has a drug problem. Again, JMO.

And just for the record, the police bloodhound did not detect Michelle's scent at the site the Hummer was abandoned. That is only one of many reasons why the runaway theory just doesn't hold up under scrutiny.

Me personally, I like it better when we go off of facts. We all speculate but the wild implications of others not named suspects has always been against the rules. It confuses me bc it's allowed now with certain people.

Mvhpo is that he could be guilty or innocent - either or - but his record shows he can be a serious assahola that I'd not consider giving the time of day. His past isn't evidence, though, and wouldn't be able to be used in court if he's charged with this crime.

Also, it's most def not my forte this dressing up & wearing costumes stuff, but I have a hard time putting Dale down for it when Michelle did the same thing. Then to make fun of him bc he's sooo into Star Wars & stuff, well I remember when I used to collect Precious Moments as a teen - got rid of them last year bc now those things I thought used to be so cute look like idiotic aliens to me now with those big creepy eyes - to each their own. Now I collect Lolita, lol, & old colorful pastel pottery.

Michelle is a very cute young lady. She seems to be a wonderful mother & very well liked by everyone that meets her, however I've seen so many cases here & elsewhere that would have torn apart some of the stuff found.

Everybody talked about Casey Anthony wearing a tight shirt that accentuated her "curves" in court, including me bc I couldn't believe it...

She needs to be added to the Charley Project and North Amercan Missing persons site. That is the two I noticed so far. If I find others I will let you know.

http://nampn.org/

http://www.charleyproject.org/index.html

Thanks Bern. I'll print out whatever you find. I'm pretty sure she'll want to get her up there. Can you also PM me if you have info like that? This moves too fast sometimes for me to see every post. Thanks

Michelle's appearance on PC is a matter of your opinion. There is no evidence whatsoever that she was embarrassed at how her hair looked on the show. There's not even any evidence that she watched the show. I personally did not think she was having a "bad hair day" at all. That's just my opinion.

But to assert that Michelle would abandon her family because she was embarrassed about the way her hair looked, is, IMHO, completely without basis, i.e. wild speculation.

Dale's history of drug abuse is a matter of public record. I don't necessarily believe that he's a "meth head", but I don't think it's a stretch to believe he still has a drug problem. Again, JMO.

And just for the record, the police bloodhound did not detect Michelle's scent at the site the Hummer was abandoned. That is only one of many reasons why the runaway theory just doesn't hold up under scrutiny.

"Bad hair day" is figurative language describing a day when everything goes wrong. It's a metaphor. <modsnip>

I agree, don't think she looked bad on PC at all. She's very pretty.

I also agree, don't think she'd EVER abandon her kids, fam & friends.

I have a problem with calling somebody a druggie in this situation bc there's a lot out there that can't be posted. Plus considering booze, every picture I've seen with Dale having beer in his hand is trumped with every single one I find of Michelle doing the same.

I agree about the Hummer. I think it was dumped by the perp, not by Michelle. I also think that maybe her keys were thrown in a lake like her phone was. I honestly think Michelle was thrown in a body of water.

"Bad hair day" is figurative language describing a day when everything goes wrong. It's a metaphor. :rolleyes:

<modsnip> you just stated a few minutes ago "her appearance on PC (figuratively as well as literally) plays into that. "

Your use of figuratively as well as literally implies that she "literally" looked bad, as in her physical appearance.

Moving on.

Where was Michelle going to school? Does anyone know? Sparky, maybe you?

Also, what days? Hours?

I agree that absent evidence to the contrary it is IMO all but impossible to believe that MP simply decided to vanish into thin air and abandon her family, especially her children. That she did so because of a TV embarrassment (and I do believe it was embarrassing both to MP and DS) is to me jaw dropping material.

On the drug use I will refer back to the previous post of mine above, and reassert the IMO a drug problem in the here and now would have more then likely disqualified Dale for having custody of his children, therefore the fact that a family court ruled in his favor indicates to me that a drug issue was either not present at the time of the hearing or was simply not proven to the satisfaction of the court. JMO

Respectfully snipped....

Not sure where it starts but here's what appears to be one of the first threads:

Late Night Camping Trip with Two Young Children - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Iirc, DSSr posted about the Powell case on his FB about 2 months before Michelle disappeared. I have a screen cap but it's on my other computer and I'm not sure it can be posted here so I'll just say this is JMO for now. But it's been mentioned several times back in these threads.

Thank you so much for the link. Checking out the Powell case has led me to change my thinking somewhat. Thanks.

<modsnip> you just stated a few minutes ago "her appearance on PC (figuratively as well as literally) plays into that. "

Your use of figuratively as well as literally implies that she "literally" looked bad, as in her physical appearance.

Moving on.

IMO, she didn't look her best, and IMO, that probably factored into it being the most humiliating experience of her life. Her dirty laundry was nationally broadcast and to top it off, a girl who is very particular and conscious of her appearance had to appear on national television not looking her best. It was a bad day. It was the most humiliating experience of her life!!

I believe she had just finished and was going to work for mom.

In an interview I think with Jane Velez-Mitchell, Lauren said her sister was very busy. She has her own business, tends bar, and is going to school so she could ultimately work in her family's salon when finished. That implies she's not done. Do you know where, like the name of the school by chance & it's location, hours?

IMO An addiction to meth would have disqualified Dale from having custody of his children, not to mention that he could have been charged with a felony, therefore notwithstanding all the interesting data about drug addiction and the psychological insights in the addicts' mind this seems to me quite a few steps removed from finding out what happened to MP. JMO

BBM

Respectfully disagree.

My experience is different, but, of course, I am from another state and Florida laws must differ.

In California if Dale tested clean at the time of the review, it would be legally irrelevant. It also depends on what kind of test was used. A blood or pee test would give results that would indicate if he used within hours of the test. A follicle test would/could give results for up to a month. If that were positive, in California they would give him 30 days and retest. The basic reason is that past drug use doesn't necessarily predict future drug use and the main goal of Family Services is to maintain families.

Your posts provide me with interesting insights, and we see things differently. I am also interested in what experiences you have had or information you have run across that impact your thinking. Since you feel it is not helpful, how about my putting a spoiler alert so you can skip what feels irrelevant to you? Hope that helps you and I apologize if you felt my response was inappropriate.

SPOILER ALERT: personal experience that impacts my conclusions follows.

I had a client who claimed to have a "clean test" when the social worker told me that the amount of meth recovered was statistically at the threshold. He had shaved his head and dyed what was left and so was able to skew the test. His lawyer may have bought it, but the social worker and I didn't; his case stayed open and he was subject to more intensive testing. (BTW, he was amiable and fun to be with. Lied like a rug, but it was a fun hour every week. I actually think he eventually made a loving but possibly neglectful father. IMO he didn't get totally clean until sometime after his case was closed, but he had learned much about parenting.)

Mod warning

Stop the petty bickering NOW.

I am removing these posts that are so personal.

It is tacky, folks. Stop the nonsense. Scrolling on by is always an option and I suggest a few use it beginning right now.

Anymore responses personally addressing other members in a rude tone will result in TOs.

The reason I commented on meth use was because, IMHO, it changes the time line. If Dale was taking meth at the time, he had all night every night whenever he wanted to hide Michelle.

In an interview I think with Jane Velez-Mitchell, Lauren said her sister was very busy. She has her own business, tends bar, and is going to school so she could ultimately work in her family's salon when finished. That implies she's not done. Do you know where, like the name of the school by chance & it's location, hours?

It was my understanding she was thru. I do not have a link for that, and I could've misunderstood what I was told by a member of the family.

Then name of the school is in the threads somewhere. Sorry I dont remember.

BBM

Not in my state. If he tests clean at the time of the review, it would be legally irrelevant. It also depends on what kind of test they demanded. A blood or pee test would give results that would indicate when he used within hours of the test. A follicle test would/could give results for up to a month. If that were positive, they would give him 30 days and retest.

I had a client who claimed to have a "clean test" when the social worker told me that the amount of meth recovered was statistically at the threshold. He had shaved his head and dyed what was left and so was able to skew the test. His lawyer may have bought it, but the social worker and I didn't; his case stayed open and he was subject to more intensive testing. (BTW, he was amiable and fun to be with. Lied like a rug, but it was a fun hour every week. I actually think he eventually made a loving but possibly neglectful father.)

Your posts provide me with interesting insights, but I don't find them helpful to finding Michelle, either. We see things differently. Unless my posts are directed to you specifically, perhaps you would prefer not to waste your time reading them. Please don't feel that you need to read mine to avoid insulting me.

My reference to the drug use allegation here being "a few steps removed ..." was not in relation to your post but to the drug issue itself. I am sorry if I did not explain myself clearly.

As to my reference to the courts findings I only used it in so far that it is an example of an actual fact in the mist of so many speculations.

Also, IMO it is questionable here that the courts mandated a drug test absent probable cause, so I can't comment since I don't have a transcript of the hearing's minutes.

Lastly, it is everyone's prerogative here to comment on individual posts, where those comments are respectful and appropriate and I think mine was an instance of both. Again, my sincere apology if you don't feel that way.

The reason I commented on meth use was because, IMHO, it changes the time line. If he was taking meth at the time, he had all night every night whenever he wanted to hid Michelle.

There is nothing recent to Michelle's disappearance even remotely suggesting meth use. The taking of ecstasy was years ago & he served time in jail for it. If the court didn't consider that when placing the twins with him, then legally how can we? It confuses me.

Also wanted to note that I see where you're coming from...I think. :) Not everybody has meth face. Fergie is a self admitted recovered meth addict. She's stated in multiple interviews that she's clean now but it took everything out of her to get to this point. She's gotten herself clean & had a child. Nobody would ever suspect that by looking at her - she's gorgeous. So maybe Dale had a problem but not anymore? Thank GOD I don't have experience in this stuff but maybe I'd understand better if I knew somebody that did have this problem. I know kids in college that did X and are now surgeons, lawyers, even a psychiatrist. However, they tried it, wasn't a habit...so maybe they were lucky?

You're right, Sparky. I don't have a link handy, but I saw an interview with YS where she said Michelle had recently graduated.

I saw it too. Can't remember the link either. JMO
But that's three of us who saw it. I'll look for the link later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required