FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sparky,

Can you say if they were the kind of decals that were adhesive or just spritz with water and squeezee out and they stay in place?

I want to know this as well bc Rory informing that Michelle's "current boyfriend" said it was professionally removed / scraped throws me off. I know the advertising decals my husband had we're exactly as you described before - vinyl & could be smoothed on / peeled off.

Wow!

I'm wondering, is a wrongful death suit easier to prove than murder in the first?

The standard of proof in a criminal case is beyond a reasonable doubt. The standard in a civil case is a preponderance of the evidence. It is a much lighter burden (i.e., easier to prove).

I think many of the questions we have been asking might be answered as this progresses.

All decals were removed and no rhinestones. HTH

Thank you so much Sparky!!! Ok, so no rhinestones. It was probably a glittery or glowing adornment, such as the paint used like Skully suggested, right? See, this is why I love Websleuths! It bothered me til I fell asleep last night! Ok, I found this but for some reason I don't think this is where I got that rhinestone info... Also note that I believe all 3 articles fed off of the original by the same guy...

http://thesop.org/story/20111129/re...ue-yet-in-michelle-parkers-disappearance.html

Published:November 29th, 2011 06:08 EST
Removal of a Diamond-Studded Decal, Glow-Mobile Tanning, Best Clue Yet in Michelle Parker`s Disappearance!
By John G. Kays

Snipped:
The diamond-studded graphic, Glow-Mobile Tanning, tells us everything by way of its absence! The fact that our culprit thought to remove it says a lot about his (doubt it`s a her) mindset. Perhaps, as he was trying to get rid of the (sticks out like a sore thumb) Hummer, he reasoned that surveillance cameras would catch the distinguishable decal, and so thought to remove it. Still, the black Hummer is so unique anyway, this wouldn`t really do much good in preventing detection.

http://newsblaze.com/story/20111129125240kays.nb/topstory.html

Published: November 29, 2011
Op-Ed Contributor
Removal of Glow-Mobile Tanning Decal from Michelle Parker's Hummer. Why?
By John Kays

Snipped:
The diamond-studded graphic, Glow-Mobile Tanning, tells us everything by way of its absence! The fact that our culprit thought to remove it says a lot about his (doubt it's a her) mindset. Perhaps, as he was trying to get rid of the (sticks out like a sore thumb) Hummer, he reasoned that surveillance cameras would catch the distinguishable decal, and so thought to remove it. Still, the black Hummer is so unique anyway; this wouldn't really do much good in preventing detection.

http://orlandobulletin.com/michelle...-was-found-in-lake-conway-at-1924-belle-isle/

Michelle Parker`s Cherished iphone 4 Was Found in Lake Conway at 1924 Belle Isle?
Posted on21 December 21, 2011

Snipped:
And when did he abandon the Hummer? did he go back to his condo, then remove the Glow-Mobile Tanning sticker, with the diamond-studded graphic, then parks the car at an arbitrary apartment complex? How could no one have seen him do this? did anyone see the black Hummer still at Dale`s condo after 4:30 PM? He couldn`t have gotten rid of it before he goes over to his parents, do you think?

The standard of proof in a criminal case is beyond a reasonable doubt. The standard in a civil case is a preponderance of the evidence. It is a much lighter burden (i.e., easier to prove).

I think many of the questions we have been asking might be answered as this progresses.

& I think you're right.

I remember a time when we were discussing why Michelle's family doesn't file a civil suit when their convictions against Dale appeared to be so strong. Maybe they were simply waiting for the evidence to top out & to see if there was enough for police to criminally charge him first?

I just read that he moved out of state in one of these links. When did that happen?

I just read that he moved out of state in one of these links. When did that happen?

From what I was told that hasn't been confirmed yet. I did hear on WESH this evening, I think it was OPD wouldn't confirmed he moved out of state either.
But my guess is, if he did then he may be in Ohio. Jmo

Sparky,

Can you say if they were the kind of decals that were adhesive or just spritz with water and squeezee out and they stay in place?

Sorry I missed this. I didn't think to ask, but I will later this evening.

From what I was told that hasn't been confirmed yet. I did hear on WESH this evening, I think it was OPD wouldn't confirmed he moved out of state either.
But my guess is, if he did then he may be in Ohio. Jmo

So sorry for Michelle's family if he moved. They lost all of the grandkids to out of state moves and they lost Michelle. That would be a hard adjustment on the family. Well, if he is in Ohio, someone here will find out, that is for sure, nothing stays secret for long with these girls, LOL.

Yvonne is one helluva woman that I'd welcome in my corner any day of the week. This is the nitty gritty. It's not all about proving death... It's about finding answers to questions that have gone unanswered, yet they should have been answered right away. Text messages & cell pings of both Michelle & Dale will I'm sure come into play here. I'd wager that the fact Dale said Michelle was going shopping after she dropped the twins off comes into evidence bc its completely different than what she told everybody else. The fact that the "Waterford" text was sent was a red flag bc not only was it way off what her original plans were as shared with others BUT it flags what Dale said about her going shopping - he's the only person that said that. If he's in the wrong & made that up, imo he could have gotten that from her cell bc didn't she text earlier in the day that she was going shoe shopping? I'm trying to remember... I just hope this suit does present answers, bc if it doesn't then it could push Dale farther away & present a good argument for why he's keeping his children away. Not to be taken out of context please...

http://wap.myfoxorlando.com/w/main/story/86549651/

Michelle Parker's estate files wrongful-death suit against ex-fiance
Mar 7, 2013 5:24 p.m.

Snipped:
Morgan said there are a lot of unanswered questions surrounding the disappearance of Parker, and he feels the only way to get those answers is to depose people under oath, including Smith Jr. and his family. Morgan said they will present evidence that will show smith knows more than he is saying.

"I would just say there was some text messages and just the whole timing of the disappearance with the text messages and the relationship. It's either a carjacking or a random murder for no reason, or a murder for reason. There are only 3 possibilities."

I wonder if Yvonne will be able to bring into questioning the stuff about Craigslist & also when somebody (everyone thinks Dale) was posting negative stuff about Michelle online, stuff that was untrue. If they traced that id linked to his ip then that paints him in an even worse picture.

From this link.

But Channel 9’s Kathi Belich learned on Thursday lawyers representing Parker's family have their own evidence against Smith that they plan to use in court.
Attorney John Morgan said he has phone records like texts between Parker and Smith.

“There's some text messages and just the whole timing of the disappearance with the text messages and the relationship,” said Morgan.

Morgan said he doesn’t expect to be able to access whatever evidence police might have against Smith, and he's not fazed by the possibility that Smith could take the fifth in a civil case to prevent incriminating himself in any future criminal case.

I wonder if Yvonne will be able to bring into questioning the stuff about Craigslist & also when somebody (everyone thinks Dale) was posting negative stuff about Michelle online, stuff that was untrue. If they traced that id linked to his ip then that paints him in an even worse picture.

Yeah I wonder if they can bring in his suspected bisexuality with the reports of meeting guys and girls online via craigslist. Maybe he ran away with a boyfriend and that's why he skipped town without anyone knowing?

Sparky,

Sticker more permanent. HTH

Sticker more permanent. HTH

Thank you so much, Sparky! I know it must seem tedious to ask these questions to Michelle's loved ones. Please know that's its much appreciated.

So they said it was "more permanent". That certainly explains the statement by Rory informing that Nathan said it looked professionally removed / scraped off. Now it makes me wonder what type of tool & removal liquid were used...unless heat was used, which I don't see happening at all considering the fact the FL sun can get hot (especially on a shiny black truck)... So, I doubt vinegar was used bc that usually only works on substances that can be made sticky again, such as wallpaper glue or the sticky glue that backs regular stickers / decals. I don't think that acetone or paint thinner were used bc detectives would have seen evidence of that. Scraping suggests a tool & honestly it would take somebody awhile to use a razor blade. So what kind of tool and adhesive remover would have been used to remove these large decals? I'll search today but if somebody finds it before me please post it... :)

From this link.

But Channel 9’s Kathi Belich learned on Thursday lawyers representing Parker's family have their own evidence against Smith that they plan to use in court.
Attorney John Morgan said he has phone records like texts between Parker and Smith.

“There's some text messages and just the whole timing of the disappearance with the text messages and the relationship,” said Morgan.

Morgan said he doesn’t expect to be able to access whatever evidence police might have against Smith, and he's not fazed by the possibility that Smith could take the fifth in a civil case to prevent incriminating himself in any future criminal case.

Hmmm... Those Morgans are a smart bunch... So, this case is being brought to civil court to gain answers to questions that have gone unanswered since Michelle's disappearance. Yvonne & her family need answers & they need them like yesterday...for closure. However, John Morgan informs he won't be fazed if Dale pleads the fifth. What could be gained if Dale takes the fifth so as not to incriminate himself? Would the civil suit be something to fall back on if a criminal trial doesn't end well for the State? Or is this civil trial being done to assure accountability until Michelle's body is found? OR... Is this trial being done to get the questions out there so as to maybe enlist help from the public? I for one can't wait to see / hear the questions so I can dig right into searching footprints. I know I'm not alone. Florida has the Sunshine Law so I'm not really anticipating this to be closed off from media...

Re when Dale was charged w/ being involved in that lifeguard's stabbing death, who was his attorney? Does anybody remember? If I remember right, he got off easy - I think 6 mos incarceration & a couple yrs probation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett