FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fello sleuths, I've been lurking for days on end but have finally been able to register.
First to the quote above, I think we all seen the interview with the mom saying "follow the decals" so something is definitly weird about her comments NG tonight denying knowlege of the missing dcals.

Possible theory..... maybe they were waiting for DS or someone else to slip up and say something about the decals, ie, stating too much about what or wasn't removed which only LE should know. idk....just one possibility.

Maybe he thought appearing on People's Court was going to be his ticket to fame. Unfortunately, his tv debut was a flop. Judge Milian called him an idiot.

I don't know for certain, but it was discussed a few posts back that her mom stated he did. It was linked too.

That's what I thought I read early on but I don't have the time to go back and read. I wonder what arrangement they had. Was it part of a child support agreement?

Here we go again!

stevehelling Steve Helling
Mark Nejame (and his partner Rajan Joshi) will represent #DaleSmith in the #MichelleParker disappearance. Press conference pending.

http://twitter.com/#!/stevehelling

ETA: I like Mark and thankful its not Jose Baez! :crazy:

Well, dang. When I said DS would run straight to a lawyer yesterday after LE's announcement, I didn't envision Mark. I like Mark a lot, though. He'll do a good job of keeping LE and the DA on their toes, as it should be.

Sadly, LE has lost any chance of ever getting another crack at DS. I still don't think that little announcement yesterday to be a very bright move on the part of LE. And I still can't think of any good reason to so totally and publicly alienate your prime suspect. IMO, LE made their job a whole lot more difficult by doing that.

I have not read all the posts yet but have they said anything about the body in the lake that was found today / this afternoon. She had no tattoos so that aint gonna make it easy to make a ID just from looking at her but you would think that by now they know what clothing she was wearing and that if it is her its only what 8 days old in cold water hardly any decomp i would think you would know from her clothing for sure and i would think even by looking at her you would be able to make a tenative Id.. But like i said i havnt heard so maybe its been said allready that it was not her..

It was a mans body found in the lake. According to her sister (on the FB page) MP had a large tattoo of wings on her back. (visible in one of the photos posted on FB of her) I noticed in the PB album of DS, he had what looked like a USMC tatt on his arm and above it wings similar to what MP has on her back. Also, it was announced shortly after she went missing that she was wearing jeans and a Gators sweatshirt.

It was true in 1965 when I wanted to get married at 17 to my husband who was 20. My mother had to sign for me but my husband was an adult at 18 and didn't need his parents to sign for him at the age of 20.

Remember back in the VietNam war days, as soon as young men turned 18, they were required to register for the draft and went to war. They do NOT take minors in a war!

ETA: The only thing Dale couldn't do was "legally" drink until he was 21. He could buy a house at the age of 18 if he wanted to, but not at the age of 17.

It varies state by state. In Tx, you can join the military at 18 without parental consent, so I assume the military could send them to war at that age if they wanted to. I've heard of plenty of guys 19 and 20 who were sent to Iraq.
At 18, they can vote, get a driver's license, serve on a jury, and buy cigarettes, but they can't buy alcohol, or get married without parent's consent until 21, (unless that has changed in recent years.) Anything else I'm not sure about.

Clip on Today Show just now....Michelle's sister said DS has not allowed her family to see the twins...he and his family have not handed out a flier or done anything to help find Michelle. Today slowed clips of DS facebook where he stated he hopes she's found, that the twins need their mother.

Hopefully this clip will be available on Today's website soon.

Well, dang. When I said DS would run straight to a lawyer yesterday after LE's announcement, I didn't envision Mark. I like Mark a lot, though. He'll do a good job of keeping LE and the DA on their toes, as it should be.

Sadly, LE has lost any chance of ever getting another crack at DS. I still don't think that little announcement yesterday to be a very bright move on the part of LE. And I still can't think of any good reason to so totally and publicly alienate your prime suspect. IMO, LE made their job a whole lot more difficult by doing that.

I like Mark a lot also and upset that he's taking on this case. Hope he reconsiders. :sigh:

I'm sure they have more than Dale not taking a poly which I found silly if that's the reason given at the PC. Makes no sense.

What about the children? If they're still with him, I am very very very concerned.

Clip on Today Show just now....Michelle's sister said DS has not allowed her family to see the twins...he and his family have not handed out a flier or done anything to help find Michelle. Today slowed clips of DS facebook where he stated he hopes she's found, that the twins need their mother.

Hopefully this clip will be available on Today's website soon.

Why didn't they take the kids away from him if he's a suspect? :banghead:

Ya know, all things considered, unless there is some other master plan at work, I have to 1000% agree with this. I just don't get this and think it's pretty strange. I would have thought covertly DS would have been Suspect Numero Uno from Day One, why the big announcement now? WHat does this accomplish? To have the Mother and Sister beg him to co-operate like that? And the fact that LE didnt know the whereabouts of the twins at the conference just made them look too clueless IMHO.

I get the sense that time is running out big time in finding Michelle, and the only real hope IMHO is that IF DS jr or DS sr are holding her against her will somehwere, which I HOPE is the case, and in fact likely.

p.s. - sorry to all I offended with that careless remark about equating DS being 40 and dressing up like a star wars character as delusional. I only meant to suggest that he has a huge fantasy life, but I could and should have phrased it better, that coupled with a short temper and being prone to violent outbursts (up to and including restraining orders and domestic battery charges) is not a good combination. I only wish I had time to cosplay !! I'd go as "The Blue Knight".

It varies state by state. In Tx, you can join the military at 18 without parental consent, so I assume the military could send them to war at that age if they wanted to. I've heard of plenty of guys 19 and 20 who were sent to Iraq.
At 18, they can vote, get a driver's license, serve on a jury, and buy cigarettes, but they can't buy alcohol, or get married without parent's consent until 21, (unless that has changed in recent years.) Anything else I'm not sure about.

My son's 1st of 3 tours in Iraq was @ the age of 18. The 26th Amendment gave 18 yr olds the right to vote in 1971. I believe that is when all states followed through making 18 the majority, and many states you could even drink... Florida being one of them as I could partake @ 18, however Florida raised the age to 21 in 1987, when all states adopted 21 as the legal age to drink, but I think all other majority rights remained the same...as the right to marry @ 18 in Texas without parental consent.

Ya know, all things considered, unless there is some other master plan at work, I have to 1000% agree with this. I just don't get this and think it's pretty strange. I would have thought covertly DS would have been Suspect Numero Uno from Day One, why the big announcement now? WHat does this accomplish? To have the Mother and Sister beg him to co-operate like that? And the fact that LE didnt know the whereabouts of the twins at the conference just made them look too clueless IMHO.

I get the sense that time is running out big time in finding Michelle, and the only real hope IMHO is that IF DS jr or DS sr are holding her against her will somehwere, which I HOPE is the case, and in fact likely.

p.s. - sorry to all I offended with that careless remark about equating DS being 40 and dressing up like a star wars character as delusional. I only meant to suggest that he has a huge fantasy life, but I could and should have phrased it better, that coupled with a short temper and being prone to violent outbursts (up to and including restraining orders and domestic battery charges) is not a good combination. I only wish I had time to cosplay !! I'd go as "The Blue Knight".

My husband and I were discussing this same thing last night and we thought possibly they were wanting him to make a move. Call someone....talk to someone... go somewhere... I would think they would have him in constant surveillance.... we can hope anyway.

She had to tape this am or mid-day around the time news hit of a "body found in a lake"..The taping had to be over before the news hit it was a "male" so obviously not Michelle..The PC was much later in the day/early pm long after she was done so I get why she doesn't refer to DS as a "suspect" but it def can be confusing to peeps watching it at 8p est supposedly "live" especially when they 'cut' in with later news but NG doesn't talk about it.

It can't be all pretaped if people are calling in while the show is aired. Maybe some segments are taped, but not when she has people calling in live.

BBM: You got that right ! I wasn't expecting that either !

:waitasec: Gee ... I can't recall the last time there was a presser where they actually named someone a "poi" or "suspect" ... :waitasec:

MOO ...

The Michelle Le case in California. The police named a suspect pretty quickly, but took another month to make an arrest of Giselle Esteban.

Anyone consider the possibility of 'Strangulation' ?

Think about it... It's far less messy and thus leaving few if any clues behind. The Police have never said they found signs of blood in the vehicle, or around any of the property's they've searched.

This is a world that constantly generates new politically correct terms to soften any distasteful bluntness that the idioms of old like the word “suspect” may have historically taken on. The term “person of interest” was coined to mean someone the police cannot currently charge with committing a certain crime but about whom they continue to diligently watch and investigate in order to access the proof they need to either charge them with the crime or at minimum require that they involuntarily answer questions related to the crime. When a violent crime happens the police will consider everyone and anyone as a potential suspect. But it is their favorite suspects, the ones on which they focus the most of their unwanted attentions, which they will care to deem as “persons of interest” whenever a local news reporter or a satellite TV camera man should ask them.

http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.co...se/person-interest-vs-suspectâ—whatâ’s-differ

"Person of interest" is a phrase used by law enforcement when announcing the name of someone involved in a criminal investigation who has not been arrested or formally accused of a crime. The phrase was adopted by the media and widely disseminated, thus most law enforcement agencies have picked up the term. It has no legal meaning, but it is a "catchy" term. "Law enforcement officials say that the term simply reflects the new tactics required to fight terrorism. But some legal scholars say officials are trying to create a more benign public image, even as their power expands."[1] While terms such as suspect, target, and material witness have clear and sometimes formal definitions, person of interest remains undefined by the U.S. Department of Justice.[2] It is often used as a euphemism for suspect, and can sometimes result in a trial by media.

Person of interest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Suspect and "Person of Interest" is the same thing.

Anyone consider the possibility of 'Strangulation' ?

Think about it... It's far less messy and thus leaving few if any clues behind. The Police have never said they found signs of blood in the vehicle, or around any of the property's they've searched.

It a good possibility and I would think Michelle would have put up a fight leaving a few marks behind. In the early video shown of Dale in the garage at night, he had on short-sleeve shirt, IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro