FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of maybes here. As I said there is zero proof he had anything to so with Michelle's disappearance. Yes he has a history of violence, but not against his kids. You can't just take a kid away from their parents because he or she shoved someone or got in a fist fight.

I am going to , respectfully, disagree. I am a volunteer victims advocate , we deal mainly with domestic violence cases. Statistically, when domestic violence is occurring in a home that contains children, there is a strong likelihood the children will at some point experience physical violence as well.

Granted- it is not 100% of the time. So you are correct in that one can not assume without a shadow of a doubt the children are at risk -however, it is statistically likely. He didn't "just shove someone or get in a fist fight" he has been charged legally with domestic violence on more than one occasion.

Furthermore - Michelle's older son said in the hearing he witnessed physical abuse against his mother. That is, in itself legally domestic violence against the minor. That was what puzzled me that the judge did not remove custody. It being witnessed by another person , especially a minor in their care, would generally meet criteria for an injunction for protection, and therefore one would think it would meet grounds for the twins to have been put in protective custody. I can only assume the judge denied it because the twins weren't present at that time- only the son, and his custody wasn't in question.

There was a report on a previously filed injunction for protection(filed by Michelle) where she described an incident where he attacked her while holding one of the twins. Had she reported it to the police, rather than just on and injunction application we wouldn't be having this conversation. There would be documented abuse in front of the children in question and the judge would have had grounds to remove the children. Unfortunately, DV is one of the most under reported crimes. Women who have been battered often don't report, for a variety of reasons.

It sucks, it truly does- but those are unfortunately the gray areas we deal with every day with our domestic violence laws.

I have come to the realization that Michelle may not be here with us anymore. I am here for my friend.

I have watched the videos of DS and the camera man. No one will ever, ever convince me that was not done on purpose. No one can ever tell me this person does not have a anger problem.

It is "well documented" not only with the courts but now on video and I am hoping and praying the camera man decides to file charges in order for DCF to go back to the judge and ask for the twins to be removed.

I have lived abuse with a closet drunk and abuser. I was granted a restraining order and every time he violated it, OCSD was called and every time he went to jail. I learned not to play his games and I learned he was not gonna drag me down with him. I had children from a previous marriage, kept their bags packed and hidden in the closet for when I needed to go. I will never, ever let a man abuse me again.

And for those who are on the outside looking in, unless you have walked in the shoes of the person being abused you will never, ever know what it is like for that person.

Step back, keep an open mind and read the documentation.

Good Night All and please pray for Michelle!

Sparky, I'm there with you. Been there. Bless you for being brave and posting for Michelle. May justice be served for her and may her children grow up free from violence. Sending you support from my heart.

Lots of maybes here. As I said there is zero proof he had anything to so with Michelle's disappearance. Yes he has a history of violence, but not against his kids. You can't just take a kid away from their parents because he or she shoved someone or got in a fist fight.

Your right, it’s unfortunate we have to wait for bruises on a child or worse, an 11 year speaking of the abuse going on isn’t enough,, he needed his teeth knocked out?!?!

Yep he's the number one suspect alright. Pretty sad they named a number one suspect without one shred of evidence.

Why do you say there is ' not one shred of evidence?' Do you know that to be true?

Yep he's the number one suspect alright. Pretty sad they named a number one suspect without one shred of evidence.

What shred doesn't? Just curious. If you want to make your case for why he shouldn't be, I would welcome it. Otherwise, it appears, as though, perhaps, you haven't read the thread/facts that are out there.

According to the 11 yr old, he hit Michelle in front of her kids. Imo, that IS violence against the kids. Hitting the mother in front of the kids is a violent action, imo/ And it may hurt them more than if he had hit them instead.

Nope. Still, he is a guy who beat the crap out of a defenseless WOMAN. Then took his sweet time getting her to the hospital. Do I think he is capable of murdering, intentionally or unintentionally another woman? Yes I do. like I said, I think no matter what happens, it is sad that those kids have witnessed violence between their parents...no real man does that to a woman...or anyone else. Hideous in MOO

Don't get me wrong if this guy killed the mother of his children I say throw him off a cliff and save everyone the time and energy of a trial, but all this stuff I hear from the media I take with a grain of salt. There is much sensationalism that goes on in the media for the sake of ratings and so on. Think about this for a second. What does any of us actually know for a fact about this case?

Remember, those are the things he's been caught doing, are you saying he's unlucky and always gotten caught?

I have come to the realization that Michelle may not be here with us anymore. I am here for my friend.

I have watched the videos of DS and the camera man. No one will ever, ever convince me that was not done on purpose. No one can ever tell me this person does not have a anger problem.

It is "well documented" not only with the courts but now on video and I am hoping and praying the camera man decides to file charges in order for DCF to go back to the judge and ask for the twins to be removed.

I have lived abuse with a closet drunk and abuser. I was granted a restraining order and every time he violated it, OCSD was called and every time he went to jail. I learned not to play his games and I learned he was not gonna drag me down with him. I had children from a previous marriage, kept their bags packed and hidden in the closet for when I needed to go. I will never, ever let a man abuse me again.

And for those who are on the outside looking in, unless you have walked in the shoes of the person being abused you will never, ever know what it is like for that person.

Step back, keep an open mind and read the documentation.

Good Night All and please pray for Michelle!

Sorry you are going through this :(! I hope and pray everyday Michelle comes home!

Don't get me wrong if this guy killed the mother of his children I say throw him off a cliff and save everyone the time and energy of a trial, but all this stuff I hear from the media I take with a grain of salt. There is much sensationalism that goes on in the media for the sake of ratings and so on. Think about this for a second. What does any of us actually know for a fact about this case?

We know he had a history of domestic violence with the missing woman. We know he had a history of domestic violence with women in his past. We know he was the last person to see her prior to her disappearance.

To make one a "suspect" (which is what you were questioning, unless I'm misunderstanding - it's so hard via the internet to be sure we are getting what each other are saying - but appears you are questioning how he is "prime suspect" without proof ?) "proof" is not a requirement. Primse susoect simply means he's currently the most likely offender. Not that he's being arrested, thrown in jail, and the key tossed away all today. It means so far no one stands out more than him, and so he's garnering attention of the investigation until/if someone else stands out more.

According to the 11 yr old, he hit Michelle in front of her kids. Imo, that IS violence against the kids. Hitting the mother in front of the kids is a violent action, imo/ And it may hurt them more than if he had hit them instead.

Obviously never a good thing to do whether it in front of a child or not, but there are a lot of things that could be considered violence against a child if we go by what you say no offense. When I was a child my parents used to argue and when they did at times they screamed very loud and this was very disturbing to me. I guess this could also be considered a reason to take a child from their parents.

I do know for a fact that he has been arrested over 7 times in his life. I do know for a fact that he was part of a little group that caused the murder of another human being. I do know for a fact that he was dishonorably discharged from the military. I do know for a fact that he appeared in a hot body contest well into his 30"s with a t-shirt that had the word "Orgasm" on the front of it. Those are documented facts. Think about this case for a second and pontificate if you will about what you know to be facts....the media cannot manipulate arrest records...of which he has several.

Obviously never a good thing to do whether it in front of a child or not, but there are a lot of things that could be considered violence against a child if we go by what you say no offense. When I was a child my parents used to argue and when they did at times they screamed very loud and this was very disturbing to me. I guess this could also be considered a reason to take a child from their parents.
...not even close to the same thing.

One more thing before I leave. Here is the link to the retracted video. It's the 2nd one. The first one is WKMG explaining why they pulled it.

You should see the white vans I was talking about.

http://s1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee375/dixie6920/

I thought Tony Pipitone aka "Fact Finder" stated in one of his posts that one of the white vans is DS work van but the other he didn't know.

Quoted below from previous "Fact Finder" comment:

The white van in driveway when I interviewed neighbor was DS work van (he is a cabinet installer). The one in the video parked curbside I cannot identify for certain.

We know he had a history of domestic violence with the missing woman. We know he had a history of domestic violence with women in his past. We know he was the last person to see her prior to her disappearance.

To make one a "suspect" (which is what you were questioning, unless I'm misunderstanding - it's so hard via the internet to be sure we are getting what each other are saying - but appears you are questioning how he is "prime suspect" without proof ?) "proof" is not a requirement. Primse susoect simply means he's currently the most likely offender. Not that he's being arrested, thrown in jail, and the key tossed away all today. It means so far no one stands out more than him, and so he's garnering attention of the investigation until/if someone else stands out more.

We DO NOT know he was the last one to see her simply because if he didn't kill her then someone else saw her last. Also if she drove off from Dale's house after she dropped off the kids then I would suppose a lot of people saw her.

and for that EXACT reason, you want to raise your voice in this house you have to go outside.

I do know for a fact that he has been arrested over 7 times in his life. I do know for a fact that he was part of a little group that caused the murder of another human being. I do know for a fact that he was dishonorably discharged from the military. I do know for a fact that he appeared in a hot body contest well into his 30"s with a t-shirt that had the word "Orgasm" on the front of it. Those are documented facts. Think about this case for a second and pontificate if you will about what you know to be facts....the media cannot manipulate arrest records...of which he has several.

I think what you mean to say is I read on the internet and heard on the news etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Altruistic_Ruin06