FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get me wrong if this guy killed the mother of his children I say throw him off a cliff and save everyone the time and energy of a trial, but all this stuff I hear from the media I take with a grain of salt. There is much sensationalism that goes on in the media for the sake of ratings and so on. Think about this for a second. What does any of us actually know for a fact about this case?

I hear you Telemag, none of us were there...no one knows for sure...yet...Im saying there are patterns and statistics about men who commit violence against women and I believe LE has enough reason to consider him numero uno suspect. If he is soooo innocent, why not take the poly? The media can sensationalize - Yes, but domestic violence is under reported and far too often women are put through the ringer to prove it, and they are often too afraid to do what it takes to get away. What we do know is Dale is violent. Michelle is/was a likely Target...

Obviously never a good thing to do whether it in front of a child or not, but there are a lot of things that could be considered violence against a child if we go by what you say no offense. When I was a child my parents used to argue and when they did at times they screamed very loud and this was very disturbing to me. I guess this could also be considered a reason to take a child from their parents.

I'm sorry you experienced that in your childhood *hugs*

However, we aren't just discussing some yelling in front of the kids. He physically struck her in front of the children. Whether you think that should be acceptable or not- in this state , it is legally not allowed. Period.

I feel a should state again - I am a domestic violence advocate. I don't claim to know all the legal gray areas , or understand them - it gets quite confusing, i often have to look things up and confer with others - however I do know that physically assaulting a mother (or father) in front of the children IS abuse against the children. in this state.

http://www.childwelfare.gov/systemwide/laws_policies/statutes/witnessdv.cfm

Obviously never a good thing to do whether it in front of a child or not, but there are a lot of things that could be considered violence against a child if we go by what you say no offense. When I was a child my parents used to argue and when they did at times they screamed very loud and this was very disturbing to me. I guess this could also be considered a reason to take a child from their parents.

But we are not talking about just screaming,we are talking about a muscle bound marine , one who has done prison time for violence, including an assault that ended in death, hitting his wife. That is very different than screaming, imo. And he has a long history of losing control and assaulting others.

I'm sorry you experienced that in your childhood *hugs*

However, we aren't just discussing some yelling in front of the kids. He physically struck her in front of the children. Whether you think that should be acceptable or not- in this state , it is legally not allowed. Period.

I feel a should state again - I am a domestic violence advocate. I don't claim to know all the legal gray areas , or understand them - it gets quite confusing, i often have to look things up and confer with others - however I do know that physically assaulting a mother (or father) in front of the children IS abuse against the children. in this state.

http://www.childwelfare.gov/systemwide/laws_policies/statutes/witnessdv.cfm

Agreed and thanks for the hug. lol

Don't get me wrong if this guy killed the mother of his children I say throw him off a cliff and save everyone the time and energy of a trial, but all this stuff I hear from the media I take with a grain of salt. There is much sensationalism that goes on in the media for the sake of ratings and so on. Think about this for a second. What does any of us actually know for a fact about this case?

I do understand what you are saying about media sensationalism. :)

I would like to point out that, legally speaking, LE has some evidence that we are not aware of. That is an undisputed fact because LE was required to present enough evidence to establish probable cause before a Judge could have granted their request for the search warrant for Dale Sr's private residence.

Furthermore, there was enough reason to believe that there was a valid concern for officer safety that a SWAT team was summoned to serve the search warrant. So much so, they entered the home with a "flash bomb" of some sort to gain immediate control of the residence

That just ain't your everyday search warrant service, kwim?

Bottom line, there is real evidence of something, we just don't know what it is yet.

What we do know for facts...
1.He has a history of violence, including violence against women
2.His ex/the mother of his children is missing
....plain and simple

I am physically uncomfortable at someone comparing parents arguing to physical violence being enacted on someone else in front of small children.

Anyway, LE has evidence we don't. Not sure what that is, but none of us really know and definitely do not know enough to say he is 100% guilty OR innocent.

I think what you mean to say is I read on the internet and heard on the news etc etc.

Nicely put. I would say however, that DS's arrest records aren't internet fiction or media fascination...he actually was arrested for felonies/misdeamenors. But I sincerely doubt that the media planted his record in the court house...but ya never know...:great:

If being a jerk or a hot head is grounds for having your kids taken from you then my town alone would have a lot less children in it. Were was child protective services before Michelle went missing? Why all of a sudden are they at such great risk? Bottom line is, are the childrens well being at risk being with DS and if so why? What has changed now that Michelle is missing? Obviously Michelle had no reason to think her children were at risk with him or she would have filed a petition to deny visitation. The only reason this is being done is because he was prematurely named a suspect.
In my opinion even the belief he could be complicit for Michelle's murder means he should not have custody of two small children.

In my experience, given the legal presumption that shared parenting is always in the best interests of the child(ren), it would have been difficult for Michelle to protect her children from visitations with their father even if she did fear their abuse.

As discussed ad nauseum in other threads I was in an abusive relationship (well documented) and the court declined to make visitation supervised, despite my pleas, until my ex attempted suicide in front of his 12 year old daughter. Supervision still was not suspended, nor was I granted sole custody, until he drugged and raped a 14 year old family member and subsequently plead guilty/was convicted. CPS was never involved in my case and my children were only appointed a GAL when I petitioned to relocate. It is nearly impossible to prove emotional and psychological abuse of children to the court's satisfaction in my opinion - it seems if they are not bruised then they are not being mistreated. :furious:

FWIW

Thinking of you tonight Sparky. What a wonderful friend you are to Michelle. Praying for a miracle, but thankfully you have some wonderful memories with Michelle. What a beautiful woman she is.

I think what you mean to say is I read on the internet and heard on the news etc etc.

No, his arrest history is public record. It is not mere speculation that he was involved in a murder when he was 21, and several domestic violence disputes.

I don't consider a direct statement from LE to be "sensationalism for the sake of ratings." Since only a couple of posters here at WS have any firsthand knowledge of this case, relying upon MM for information is a necessary evil. Pretty much what we do in every case we discuss here.

I hear you Telemag, none of us were there...no one knows for sure...yet...Im saying there are patterns and statistics about men who commit violence against women and I believe LE has enough reason to consider him numero uno suspect. If he is soooo innocent, why not take the poly? The media can sensationalize - Yes, but domestic violence is under reported and far too often women are put through the ringer to prove it, and they are often too afraid to do what it takes to get away. What we do know is Dale is violent. Michelle is/was a likely Target...

I could be wrong of course and if I am no biggy since I don't think of this as a contest or anything, but I don't see how he had time to do this. Maybe he was capable, but doesn't mean he did. Do we even have an exact timeline? Do we have a motive? Also, I find it odd that this happened on the day that they were on People's Court. Do we know if the show aired before her abduction? Lots of questions. Also, I have no problem wit anyone taking the 5th. If my wife came up missing I would NEVER take a LDT. I know a guy who took a LDT once and he was so nervous the test came back inconclusive. Even though he was later found innocent this test actually hurt him in the long run.

Does anyone know whose body they found in Georgia? Thank you.

What we do know for facts...
1.He has a history of violence, including violence against women
2.His ex/the mother of his children is missing
....plain and simple

Actually I meant the case it self not DS sorry.

I think it is good that LE keeps some of their evidence hidden from the public, although it is frustrating for us who want to know. I am hoping they have solid evidence so that the guilty party has to pay. In moo, I believe it is DS jr.

I could be wrong of course and if I am no biggy since I don't think of this as a contest or anything, but I don't see how he had time to do this. Maybe he was capable, but doesn't mean he did. Do we even have an exact timeline? Do we have a motive? Also, I find it odd that this happened on the day that they were on People's Court. Do we know if the show aired before her abduction? Lots of questions. Also, I have no problem wit anyone taking the 5th. If my wife came up missing I would NEVER take a LDT. I know a guy who took a LDT once and he was so nervous the test came back inconclusive. Even though he was later found innocent this test actually hurt him in the long run.

I think he has a very strong motive. They were still in the midst of a difficult custody dispute. And they were still fighting over child support. People who know him have said he is very involved with and close to his children. But he had no locked down custody arrangement and they had many battles over that in the past. She used to prohibit him from seeing the kids when she was angry. Many spouses have killed over custody disputes/child support issues.

And people here have offered scenarios which would have given him plenty of time. His alibi is his father. Does that seem like an airtight alibi to you?

It sounds as though you have been through a lot. There are a lot of people, including myself, who have been taken in by losers. And there is nothing in this guy's background, nor would I support if I had such a child, that would allow me to back him up. He is 40. At what point is he supposed to become a man?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro