FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Investigators called Parker's family to Orlando police headquarters Wednesday evening to identify the phone, Stewart said. A police lieutenant said she had received no information from detectives and could not confirm the family's account.

Stewart said detectives did not tell her where or when the phone was found or what information they may have obtained from it.
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/michelle-parkers-cellphone-found-family-says-2019184.html

WoW! I don't know what to really think about this latest development.. To be real honest I see it as only being two possibilities here on "how Michelle's iPhone was located".. But first I'll say how IMO there is no way in hell that it was located during a grid type/LE search as we have seen ofcrs doing throughout this case in multiple areas.. IMO that's just not believable IMO.. Not by even any stretch of the imagination..

On to the two possibilities I believe as to how Michelle's iPhone was located..
1) is that the information on where the cell phone was hidden, disposed of, stashed came directly via one of those summoned today to give their answers to detectives/investigators under oath.. IOW someone privy to the location of the phone, or possibly overheard the information, or had first hand knowledge of where the phone was.. One of those ratted out Jr. today and caved under the pressure and/or guilt.. Some may not believe this to be true due to why wouldn't LE arrest Dale if someone had spilled the beans on him.. Well, especially where family and close family friends are concerned many times they may only have a tiny piece to the puzzle that they were either directly told of, overheard, or figured out on their own.. This may be an important piece to the puzzle.. However it's not enough for an arrest all on it's own.. and therefor LE is gonna keep chipping away at Jr's lies little by little until the house of cards finally folds and all the cards are on the table and LE's got all the aces.. Only then will we see an arrest..

2) the only other possibility is this.. It's bs.. A bluff.. And I haven't a clue as to why or how they're doing it but my hinky meter went into overdrive in reading Lauren's statement that she saw the phone tonight.. Maybe so.. And if she did then IMO the only way that LE have that phone is because someone caved spilling the info on where that phone was.. IMO it's truly the only way that LE has that phone in their possession.. It clearly states the phone was found by LE and there's no way in hell that I believe for one millisecond that an iPhone was located during a routine search by investigators.. No way.. Jmo, tho!

Someone either ratted out it's location or LE's bluffing and they do not have the cell phone in their possession.. MOO.. MOo.. MOO..

Or someone could have unintentionally ratted someone out. However, Beach's post below contains quote that I've put in red;

Prime suspect's mother questioned by police in missing woman case

WFTV Link

Tamara Smith spent about 30 minutes answering questions under oath on Tuesday, and WFTV was told there will be more to come.

"Somebody knows something and we're getting close to cracking, somebody's going to crack," Stewart said.

Orlando police said more people have been subpoenaed to talk, but detectives aren't saying who they are.

Parker's mother, Yvonne Stewart, said she sees the new development as a step closer to finding her daughter.

That makes me think somebody cracked on the stand or supplied information on a few people who know something and the cops are hoping to use one against the other. JMO

This is just thinking outloud, but if the phone was found in a random location I would think the public would be notified and once again asked for info.

Some ideas

!. Someone rolled over
2. Someone interviewed let something slip
3. LE got more info from phone records
4. LE is keeping quiet and are close to solving this

Just speculating and imo

I agree. I work at an airport handling lost & found. Some days we receive several found phones. If not locked, we always try to contact someone on the address list. I really think someone slipped.

Well the 10:00 pm news is on, we should hear something if LE wants the info out there

Good question. My daughter left her purse in a shopping cart in the parking lot at Walmart and luckily an employee grabbed it and the first thing they did was find her phone and call "Mom".

It just seems logical.

WESH Breaking News Live

OPD showed Lauren a "picture" of the phone, the phone was in good condition and had still had the pink/plaid cover on it.

www.wesh.com

I agree. I work at an airport handling lost & found. Some days we receive several found phones. If not locked, we always try to contact someone on the address list. I really think someone slipped.

I didn't think of the lockout feature. :doh:

Why wouldn't someone just call somebody on their call list and ask who's it could be?

Because it's likely that the iPhone is just like mine and is password protected therefor the only thing that you'd be able to see is the screensaver until you enter the password..

BUt that one was found inside the airport Gate. I doubt someone planted it there with all the security cameras. Plus you would need a ticket to get to the Gate. JMOO

You are correct about needing a boarding pass to get to the gate. The question I have is, normally when a phone is found at an airport, it is turned into lost and found. And an airport the size of Orlando is not going to post of Craigs list. I work in a small airport, and we get 2-5 phones turned in a day so imagine that airport.

I don't think it's unreasonable that we are told the location of the phone. We at WS just want to add the location to the map FGS.

Does anyone remember I posted the other night about a cell phone on Craigslist being found at Orlando International Airport? I went back and read the post. It was found Nov 17 and part of the post says... IPhone has been re-charged and has a picture of a little soccer player on it.

I wonder if this could be it?

Also, DSjr's condo is a hop-skip-and a jump from OIA. Just a thought.

I lost my cell phone a few weeks ago and the person found me by calling the most frequent called number on my call log, which was my daughter. I have to assume that if someone found an IPhone they would have tried to call some of the numbers programmed into it.

You are correct about needing a boarding pass to get to the gate. The question I have is, normally when a phone is found at an airport, it is turned into lost and found. And an airport the size of Orlando is not going to post of Craigs list. I work in a small airport, and we get 2-5 phones turned in a day so imagine that airport.

SO strange! Why didn't the person turn the phone in to lost and found?

"It was an iPhone4 with her case. She had a plaid Hurley case and it is definitely her phone. Seeing that, it gives me hope that even after so many days, you can still find something," Erickson said.
She said that even though time is passing and seems like nothing is happening, she is keeping the hope that her sister's case is going to be solved.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/news/29947350/detail.html#ixzz1fucILb00

They were probably hoping for a reward of some kind.

Or possibly about to board their plane. Not sure I'd go back to return a phone if my flight was boarding, the finder appears to have done the next best thing.

I lost my cell phone a few weeks ago and the person found me by calling the most frequent called number on my call log, which was my daughter. I have to assume that if someone found an IPhone they would have tried to call some of the numbers programmed into it.

If you have a lock on it like SmoothOperator and I also have one on my Iphone all you can see is the keypad to enter the passcode and the screensaver behind it. That's it.

news just said LE has not released where....or when... the phone was found....to them OR to the family

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro