FL FL - Monica Libao, may have been abducted as infant, 1963-64

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have sent her an email on her facebook page. I have asked her if she wants to continue searching. Hopefully she will respond with her answer. And I don't think she is being deceptive either. I think maybe she found something out. There was a possibility I was considering, one she wouldn't want to tell anyone about if it were true. If she was the result of a rape like if her father and raped one of the daughters, etc. I would never want anyone to know something like that, and if that is what she found. welp. Couldn't blame the girl for not telling us and just letting it alone.

I have sent her an email on her facebook page. I have asked her if she wants to continue searching. Hopefully she will respond with her answer. And I don't think she is being deceptive either. I think maybe she found something out. There was a possibility I was considering, one she wouldn't want to tell anyone about if it were true. If she was the result of a rape like if her father and raped one of the daughters, etc. I would never want anyone to know something like that, and if that is what she found. welp. Couldn't blame the girl for not telling us and just letting it alone.

I have been in contact with Monica. DNA proves she is not related to the people who raised her.

Maz

I have been in contact with Monica. DNA proves she is not related to the people who raised her.

Maz

Thanks Mazama. The DNA confirms what she thought. Is she still searching for answers? Bless her, that would be so hard to face having her suspicions being found true. :(

Thanks Mazama. The DNA confirms what she thought. Is she still searching for answers? Bless her, that would be so hard to face having her suspicions being found true. :(

She is still searching. She is quite vulnerable however and that might be why she declined help earlier.

She has endured many tribulations during her life and I feel she is being extremely cautious with who she let's get close to her.

Maz

She is still searching. She is quite vulnerable however and that might be why she declined help earlier.

She has endured many tribulations during her life and I feel she is being extremely cautious with who she let's get close to her.

Maz

I do hope she gets all the answers she seeks.

Awww how sad but at least she knows that her suspicions were correct. I hope she finds out the truth.

Awww how sad but at least she knows that her suspicions were correct. I hope she finds out the truth.

I think she will. It will take more time but I think she is on the right path. She has the FBI and others helping her so I feel it won't be too long before she learns the truth.

Maz

I still wish she would come here....but at least we have an update.

Oh wow. Thanks for the update. Poor Monica... She must be very upset and confused... And why would her parents keep lying and not just tell her the truth? You would think if they adopted her, they would have told her. If the woman selling the girl for the cost of a bus ticket was true, why wouldn't the parents just admit that? Say I'm sorry but we think your mom was just in very bad straits at the time and had no choice? And how would that explain roadblocks and hiding an infant in a box?

Now if they stole her from friends of theirs I could sort of see the moving and keeping her home on picture day, etc. Since she is not related to either of her "Parents" that means she isn't the sister's daughter either, or anything of that nature. So... This case is interesting.

Maz

This makes me so sad for her. I understand the vulnerability. I hope she reads here and knows that we care about he
The vulnerability is the fear of what else she might find out, I am sure, whether it would be hurtful or extremely healing and help her connect with her family... No one knows because missing children had no national advocates or reporting system until the late 80's.

I have known many adopted adults who declined to search for their birth parents despite the extreme longing and need to know. The fear of the unknown was too great for them to risk.
As a person who did take the risk, I am very glad I had my adoptive parents in my life, being supportive and loving of me. If all I had was the person who birthed me and her long-ago lover, it would have been an extremely bleak experience.

Cole babies were babies delivered by Dr. Katherine Cole. Dr. Cole was a naturopathic physician that practiced in Miami, Florida for 51 years. In her 2 story clinic on the west side of Miami, Cole delivered thousands of babies. The building in which her clinic was located also contained several rooms that Cole rented to pregnant and unmarried women. In many cases, the babies that these women bore were illegally placed with adoptive families for a price. A fee for that ranged from twenty five dollars to several thousands of dollars.
Dr. Katherine Cole ran one of the biggest black market adoption rings in the country from 1927 to 1963 in Miami, Florida.

Katherine Cole was arrested at least 7 times. She was arrested 3 times for the illegal abortions that she performed, once for attempted manslaughter, once for unlawful possession of barbiturates, and once for failure to file a birth certificate. She was eventually cleared of all charges except a charge related to an illegal adoption, for which she spent less than a year in jail.

SPONSOR

Dr. Katherine Cole is alleged to have destroyed her records after leaving behind an estimated 1,000 adoptees who have only her falsified birth certificates to attest to their existence. Most of them were never legally adopted. There is no paper trail to follow, no court records to petition, no agency to request information from. The only chance they have to find their birth families and for them to find us, is if someone comes forward with information.

There are three long scanned articles at the following link in regards to Cole Babies. Be patient it may take time to load each depending on your computer and your internet connection. The link is http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Lake/5803/colebaby.html

A registry for Cole Babies can be found at http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/colebaby/registry.html The registry is owned by by M. Haviland. There is a link to email the owner as well as a link to register online. I am unable to determine if the registry is current or not. However, there is a notice that says once you register you will receive email confirmation within 3 days.

Cole babies were babies delivered by Dr. Katherine Cole. Dr. Cole was a naturopathic physician that practiced in Miami, Florida for 51 years. In her 2 story clinic on the west side of Miami, Cole delivered thousands of babies. The building in which her clinic was located also contained several rooms that Cole rented to pregnant and unmarried women. In many cases, the babies that these women bore were illegally placed with adoptive families for a price. A fee for that ranged from twenty five dollars to several thousands of dollars.
Dr. Katherine Cole ran one of the biggest black market adoption rings in the country from 1927 to 1963 in Miami, Florida.

Katherine Cole was arrested at least 7 times. She was arrested 3 times for the illegal abortions that she performed, once for attempted manslaughter, once for unlawful possession of barbiturates, and once for failure to file a birth certificate. She was eventually cleared of all charges except a charge related to an illegal adoption, for which she spent less than a year in jail.

SPONSOR

Dr. Katherine Cole is alleged to have destroyed her records after leaving behind an estimated 1,000 adoptees who have only her falsified birth certificates to attest to their existence. Most of them were never legally adopted. There is no paper trail to follow, no court records to petition, no agency to request information from. The only chance they have to find their birth families and for them to find us, is if someone comes forward with information.

There are three long scanned articles at the following link in regards to Cole Babies. Be patient it may take time to load each depending on your computer and your internet connection. The link is http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Lake/5803/colebaby.html

A registry for Cole Babies can be found at http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/colebaby/registry.html The registry is owned by by M. Haviland. There is a link to email the owner as well as a link to register online. I am unable to determine if the registry is current or not. However, there is a notice that says once you register you will receive email confirmation within 3 days.

Thank you Laura_Bean.

Amazing how one person can affect the lives of so many people...unbelieveable.

Maz

Just wanted to let others know that although Ms. Libao had a private DNA test done which ruled out two possibilities her details and DNA had never been entered into CODIS. She has been given all the information she needs to have that done.

She will update me as to how things are going, when she does I will update it here as well.

Regards,
Maz

Mazama, thank you for the updates and please tell Ms. Libao my prayers are with her. :blowkiss:

Just wanted to let everyone know that Ms. Libao is still waiting to hear back from CODIS.

She is still hopeful that her case will be solved. If I hear any more I will update it here.

Maz

I am also in contact with Monica, and she has given me permission to ask and send over any questions that you all may have.

Mazama and thefragile7393, thanks to both of you for reaching out. I'm so happy that ML found at least 2 decent people to talk to in this world.

I don't have questions, just wanted both of you to know how wonderful you are for following up and being such good people! :blowkiss:

Sending my best to ML as well! :blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back