FL FL - Monica Libao, may have been abducted as infant, 1963-64

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yeah I thought it was a "Baby in a box", but when I rewatched the unsolved mysteries episode about it, they say items in a box hidden under a bar. What items I don't know and I am certainly going to ask Monica herself to clarify this.

I will also find out what year she graduated high school. And about the photos of before she was with the family. Thanks guys all good ideas.

Oh and she did straight out ask her half sister if she was her mom. Her "mom" had told her that her half sister was her real mother, and that she was too young to care for her. It was true that the half sister was 19 yrs olfer than Monica, and it was entirely possible in Monica's mind at the time. When she asked her, her half sister said NO. I am not your mother. The DNA test has apparentally collaberated the story that her half sister isn't her mother, in fact, she isn't her anything as there is NO blood relation between Monica or any of her supposed "family".

What does the older half sister have to share with this? I would hope and older sibling 19.5 years older than me would enlighten me somewhat....

Parents not talking is one thing... what about the big sister? Clearly if Monica is in her mid 40's her big sister would be in her 60's now, no? Did her big sister share anything outside of saying she lied to police and was not her birth mother?

At what age was Monica when her elder sibling shared this info?

How long has she had that information and what has she learned about her search since?

Ok, so I just finished rereading this thread. I jotted down some notes about time frames etc., but I'm really really curious about when her half sister says that she has already lied TO police for her mother. When did they talk to the police? What were the circumstances for talking to the police?

I'm sorry if this is answered already, I'm still very very new to this and just trying to help. :) I'm just wondering what police department they talked to? Did the police come to them and why? That would be the first city I would start searching in. I feel like there is something that I should be "catching" on this and it's going right over my head. Hope that makes sense :)

I think so Doogie. I think it is reasonable for everyone involved to be cautious.

For as long as Monica can remember, her siblings were gone already moved out of the home. So I don't think they know anything else, except that the one half sister claimed she had lied to the police for her mother and father and had apparentally told them whatever her parents wanted her to tell them. The only thing this half sister said she knew, was they Monica's mother was a piece of trash who sold her for a bus ticket. That was all she supposedly knew. I wonder if we could talk to the half sister tho and ask her about the police story. If we could ask her what state she was in when she lied to the police, it could be a big help.

I dont think this is a "hoax", as it appeared on Unsolved Mysteries and they only took cases that were real and researched everything before airing it.

I wouldn't think it's a hoax if it's been on Unsolved Mysteries, but nothing surprises me anymore.

Does Monica know where the bar was that they hid the baby in a box (or hid items in a box, however it was)? Maybe in Miami and that's why she thinks to start looking in Miami FL?

I just keep going over in my head about the half sister talking to police (I know I keep going back to this, sorry). What reason did the police have for going to them? Were they tipped off or what? I feel like this is the key. Find the police who questioned them about the baby and hopefully you'd find the baby's name they were looking for. Something is just not adding up with the half sister talking to police. If the police were searching for a missing baby and they were questioned about their baby and the half sister lies to them and says Monica is her child, then the police suspected them, right?

I find this story FASCINATING.

Monica, do you have ANY early childhood memories? Have you ever been put under hypnosis?

I'm also confused as to why the sister, who clearly knows something, hasn't been more forthcoming with details.

First I would like to apologize for the delay in reviewing this thread. A few things came up and it took me longer than I had hoped.

I would like to point out a few things regarding Monica's case as well as continued sleuthing on her case.

First, this case first aired on Unsolved Mysteries in 2002. Since then, very little information is currently available online regarding Monica's research into her case. This could very well be for reasonable privacy issues. Also, there is no proof that Monica was actually abducted and at this time, the abduction possibility is just a theory. It could very well be that her parents were evasive with answering her questions regarding her adoption. I don't know enough about adoption to offer various theories outside of abduction, but I would like all theories to be welcomed and considered.

Secondly, we have no way currently to verify if Monica is working with the FBI or her DNA has been entered into Codis. If those statements are coming from Monica directly, I would like her to provide some proof for the accuracy of those statements. ie, contact information for the detective she is working with, maybe a case number if a case has been opened. But we do need some kind of verification things are happening in an official way when statements such as the above are made.

There were some hurt feelings in the past regarding a WS member, Delia Cly, who presented herself here at WS as an abducted child. Many many hours were spent on her case, only to find Delia was a fraud. While Delia was a fraud, that does not mean Monica or anyone else is a fraud. What has been confirmed, that we know of, is that Monica's case did air in 2002 on Unsolved mysteries, and we believe (correct me if I am wrong) that she does have DNA proof that she is not biologically related to any of her family members.

It is my opinion, and best option here, to view and sleuth Monica's case as possibly being a legit or unusual adoption as well as an abduction. Either way, Monica's interest and desire is to find information on her birth family.

Again, thank you very much for your patience in the delay while reviewing this thread. I hope you wonderfull sleuths are able to provide Monica some answers regarding her birth family.

Thank you,
Cubby

I don't know how much research Monica has done on her case. We've been involved in cases here at WS we know genealogical dna testing is getting quite popular.

While the thread was 'in review' I passed along the links to Monica's Myspace page along with the unsolved mysteries link to Colleen Fitzpatrick with http://www.identifinders.com/

I think Colleen would be a fantastic resource for Monica to submit her dna for testing to determine a biological surname as well as to see if Monica matches any current dna family lines. It would be a great opportunity for the sleuths here to assist with their genealogy skills as well if a surname could be found.

Anna has brown eyes, Monica has hazel or greenish hazel eyes. Monica is NOT Anna Waters.

Oh, thanks! I was wondering. I don't know what it was that had me thinking this.

I think finding Anna is always on our minds... so it is of course expected to immediately ask about the possibility. No worries about asking. I'm glad you did. That let's us know Anna is not forgotten

I think finding Anna is always on our minds... so it is of course expected to immediately ask about the possibility. No worries about asking. I'm glad you did. That let's us know Anna is not forgotten

Oh gosh no. I think of a lot of our cases, but, Anna is near and dear to me and I think of her daily. Everyday, I hope today is the day. I don't have much to contribute to helping find her, but, oh, I want her found for Annasmom.

I had contacted Monica prior to the thread being locked about the Anna possibility. Monica responded that she has pictures of herself about the same age that Anna disappeared and she did not resemble Anna at that age.

Would she agree to post her pictures here or on photobucket?

I haven't posted here at WS for some time for personal reasons but wanted to give a quick update on Monica to you.

Her DNA was finally taken and submitted to CODIS; she is still waiting to hear back from them.

I've uncovered many interesting facts for her and continue to work on her case with her privately.

We believe her case will be solved soon.

Maz

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l