Deceased/Not Found FL - Morgan Martin, 17, pregnant, St Petersburg, 25 July 2012 *Guilty/sentenced in 2022*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't understand why some cases get loads of interest and media attention and others get barely a mention.

I always check in on this too I even rode along with hubby to hudson and its not a short ride! (from tampa) I keep going back to what was she doing out there? What info did JF give to the police and why is he not a POI if he was the last person to see her? There are alot of details that should be out by now even with Morgan being missing that we are not even getting! Who was the last person she sent a message to I was under the impression that you can follow pings only if someone got a call sent a message ect? Do phones ping randomly? Is my cell pinging off a tower right now even though its powered on and not in use?

I always check in on this too I even rode along with hubby to hudson and its not a short ride! (from tampa) I keep going back to what was she doing out there? What info did JF give to the police and why is he not a POI if he was the last person to see her? There are alot of details that should be out by now even with Morgan being missing that we are not even getting! Who was the last person she sent a message to I was under the impression that you can follow pings only if someone got a call sent a message ect? Do phones ping randomly? Is my cell pinging off a tower right now even though its powered on and not in use?

I took 19 from Hudson to Tampa, not a short ride at all. I do check the FB page, Hope for Morgan Martin, and the sister says FBI and St Pete are doing there best on this case. If there were anything new that they could release, the press would be on it, but without any new to report the press won't touch it. Even if the family would join here and post, there isn't much we could discuss because there is on POI named. I wish we knew more about who was from Hudson, and where. I think that is where they should set up a table, with flyers and ask for people to think about that night and if they saw anything strange.

I agree 100% someone gave her or her phone a ride to Hudson so what is the connection there... sounds like she had no family or friends or ties in that area so who does?

I dont know if having the family on WS would do any good honestly like you said with no POI you can only say and do so much.

BTW was her phone ever found I cant remember!

Not to my knowledge. If it is found, that will maybe get the info they need, like who was she talking to last? I would think you can get phone records but what if it is a prepaid phone? I don't know what she had and what it looked like. That would be a help, to just know about the phone. If someone found a cell phone, would they turn it into LE? Probably not, if there is no plea or picture of this phone going out in Hudson.

I have a question, if Morgan went to the dr's and she was around 4 months pregnant is there any tests, like blood test, or anything that would give the DNA of the baby and the baby's father? I have never had kids so what I am asking is, is there a way to determine DNA on the dad before the birth? You all know where this is going.

If you only have a cell phone to access WS, can you still read and send pm's?

I think you can but it is probably much harder to be able to view anything because depending on the speed it could take a very long time to load

I have a question, if Morgan went to the dr's and she was around 4 months pregnant is there any tests, like blood test, or anything that would give the DNA of the baby and the baby's father? I have never had kids so what I am asking is, is there a way to determine DNA on the dad before the birth? You all know where this is going.

i think so but i heard its pretty invasive i dont have children either though so i am not sure

I just had a baby, and there was a sign at my drs office about DNA paternity testing that can be done before the baby is born now. I think it's a newer thing, and I believe it's got to be pretty invasive. Fortunately, I'm sure my husband is my baby-daddy so it didn't come into play. Lol

I was trying to think if LE could link her and the baby to the baby daddy by any tests she may have already had done in the past 4 months. We know she knew the baby was a girl and she named it already.

I emailed Marissa Lang of the "Tampa Bay Times",to suggest a follow up story for Morgan. Ill let ya know when I hear back...IF I hear back.

I was trying to think if LE could link her and the baby to the baby daddy by any tests she may have already had done in the past 4 months. We know she knew the baby was a girl and she named it already.

This is a really good question wonder if we have anyone in the medical field who could answer this for us!:waitasec:

This is a really good question wonder if we have anyone in the medical field who could answer this for us!:waitasec:

An amniocentisis is the procedure that I believe ya'll are thinking of. But its a very invasive procedure that has many risks. I really dont think this would have been anything Morgan would have had done. Its usually used to rule out genetic problems.

Im NOT a doctor...nor do I play one on TV.

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/prenataltesting/amniocentesis.html

Amniocentesis also provides access to DNA for paternity testing prior to delivery. DNA is collected from the potential father and is compared to DNA obtained from the baby during amniocentesis. The results are accurate (99%) for determining paternity.

Amniocentesis is usually performed between 14 and 20 weeks. Some medical facilities may perform amniocentesis as early as 11 weeks.

Amniocentesis can be used later in the third trimester for a few reasons. Your healthcare provider may recommend the procedure if your membranes have ruptured prematurely to assess for uterine infections. Amniocentesis may also help determine the severity of fetal anemia in babies with Rh disease and assist your physician determine whether the fetus requires lifesaving blood transfusions.

Amniocentesis is sometimes done to assess lung maturity. If so, this is done shortly before delivery.

A little light reading for ya. :what:

Good question. If he was disputing paternity they would do a paternity test but I'm not sure how far along she would have been to do this or he was disputing it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back