FL - Mother shoots daughter, mistaking her for intruder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think it has anything to do with luck. Mother obviously keeps a gun in her bedroom (presumably loaded). So presumably she is a good shot. She could be practicing day in and day out on gun ranges for all you know. One shot in the center mass is all it takes. It's not that hard to shoot a target. First time I shot a weapon I hit a target without having any practice prior.

Police practice all the time and they STILL shoot perps multiple times, or at least shoot AT them many many times. In real life it usually takes quite a bit of effort and a few well aimed shots with a handgun to drop someone quickly.

But perhaps you are a much better shot and you could deliver the perfect one shot clean kill in the dark with a snub nosed .38 whenever you wanted to.

:rolleyes:

Police practice all the time and they STILL shoot perps multiple times, or at least shoot AT them many many times. In real life it usually takes quite a bit of effort to shoot someone with a handgun and drop them.

But perhaps you are a much better shot and you could deliver the perfect one shot clean kill in the dark with a snub nosed .38 whenever you wanted to.

:rolleyes:

Well, I guess so. Like I said, I had no problems hitting the target the first time I practiced target shooting. It ain't as hard as you make it out to be. Hitting someone at close range in the center mass wouldn't even take any special skills.

Daughter lives in the same house. So daughter had a right to be in the house, she wasn't intruding.

"– where 27-year-old Doby lived with her mother..."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...y-fatal-shooting-st-cloud-20151231-story.html

Thank you very much for the ^ and link; I also found another MSM item in agreement.
One early story I read was worded in way suggesting that Dau lived at apt/house other than w Mom.
I stand corrected.

Makes it more diff to understand, but still unbearably sad.

Thank you very much for the ^ and link; I also found another MSM item in agreement.
One early story I read was worded in way suggesting that Dau lived at apt/house other than w Mom.
I stand corrected.

Makes it more diff to understand, but still unbearably sad.

Early reports were clearly wrong. Apparently police said daughter was visiting from North Carolina. That was clearly wrong. Daughter works in St. Cloud. And Orlando Sentinel (seems to be most accurate on this case) says daughter lived in the same house as her mother and step-father.

Well, I guess so. Like I said, I had no problems hitting the target the first time I practiced target shooting. It ain't as hard as you make it out to be. Hitting someone at close range in the center mass wouldn't even take any special skills.

Yeah, because shooting at a stationary target in daylight for fun is a WHOLE LOT DIFFERENT than shooting someone you think is trying to kill you in a panic.

When a massive adrenaline rush hits fine motor skills go to hell, vision and other senses are also impaired. That is why LEO and military folks practice endlessly. Believing that because you did it at the range once means you can do it when threatened is a huge mistake, but you keep on believing whatever you like.

Yeah, because shooting at a stationary target in daylight for fun is a WHOLE LOT DIFFERENT than shooting someone you think is trying to kill you in a panic.

Well, she managed, didn't she? Daughter hit right in the chest. By her own story, mother was shooting at the person coming in her direction (not a warning shot, not in the air, not in the ground).

An acquaintance bragged about hitting target on first shot. When asked about target size, he had to be asked several times, cajoled a bit, before admitting target was side of a barn. LOL. Back on topic.

If the daughter lives there it gets a lot iffier to explain why she thought any noise would have be an intruder that needs to be shot.

If the daughter lives there it gets a lot iffier to explain why she thought any noise would have be an intruder that needs to be shot.

From what I understand, daughter lived in the house but was out visiting family members in North Carolina. When she came back from the visit, mother shot her.

I don't know. This just doesn't sit right with me and I can't put my finger on it.

If I'm wrong, I'll admit it to it openly when the time comes, but it's awful "convenient" that mother hit her daughter right in the heart immediately upon waking and that step-dad didn't even know it was a gunshot. I'm starting to seriously consider intentional homicide I just don't understand the motive.

I am hoping this is a horrific accident. But there are things that don't make sense to me.

I don't know. This just doesn't sit right with me and I can't put my finger on it.

If I'm wrong, I'll admit it to it openly when the time comes, but it's awful "convenient" that mother hit her daughter right in the heart immediately upon waking and that step-dad didn't even know it was a gunshot. I'm starting to seriously consider intentional homicide I just don't understand the motive.

So, did she lay in wait or did she spontaneously decide to murder her daughter, or did she just get lucky?

So, did she lay in wait or did she spontaneously decide to murder her daughter, or did she just get lucky?

Heck if I know, I just know that story doesn't feel right in my brainmeats.

Ashley was laid to rest today. She looked like an angel. She touched so many peoples lives. She will forever be missed.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back