FL - Mother shoots daughter, mistaking her for intruder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What about the stepdad's story?

Supposedly he was sleeping when the shooting happened. So I don't see him as a witness. He didn't know about it during the 911 call and til the police and ambulance got there. I took witness as someone who saw the shooting. I might also of understood it wrong.

Supposedly he was sleeping when the shooting happened. So I don't see him as a witness. He didn't know about it during the 911 call and til the police and ambulance got there. I took witness as someone who saw the shooting. I might also of understood it wrong.

I'm just wondering if the witness account matches the stepdad's story too.

If she was shot in the parent's bedroom and the father was sleeping right there I don't see how he didn't know. A gunshot in a small room would be REALLY loud and would probably cause their ears to ring afterwards.

Do pacemakers leave red marks on people? I feel like there would be a definite difference between a "red spot" and a... sorry, gruesome... "hole" in her chest :(

It looks like TWO police officers didn't realize she was shot. :thud:
Both the stepfather and the responding officer just noticed a red mark.
Are there some bullets that would leave THAT tiny of a mark? Wow....
Maybe the large wound was in her back? Or there was no large wound?
I mean that doesn't explain how it happened to begin with... but still.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...y-fatal-shooting-st-cloud-20151231-story.html

The officer said he grabbed the AED and a CPR mask and ran inside to find Claude Campbell attempting life-saving measures on Doby as she lay lifeless on the floor, her head facing the couple's bed, according to the report.

The officer said he noticed "a small red dot" on Doby's chest as Claude Campbell continued CPR. Campbell told police he thought the dot was from Doby's pacemaker.

When the medical crews responded minutes later, Sherry Campbell told them her daughter had been shot.

I'm just wondering if the witness account matches the stepdad's story too.

There were 3 people in that house. Mother, step-father and the daughter. Daughter is dead, step-father claims he didn't even know that daughter was shot. So I have no idea what police are talking about when they claim the story matches with the witness's account.

There were 3 people in that house. Mother, step-father and the daughter. Daughter is dead, step-father claims he didn't even know that daughter was shot. So I have no idea what police are talking about when they claim the story matches with the witness's account.

As God is my witness...

sorry, a little humor in an otherwise tragic story.

I'm really befuddled by this one tbh. I can't wait for more information on it.

To say "I made it home, good night" or something similar.

Although from what I read it isn't clear she made it as far as the bedroom. Have you seen otherwise? Because I'm also wondering if the mom just stayed in bed in the dark, waiting?

Maybe the daughter thought her parents were asleep and was quiet, hoping not to wake them.

IMO it also makes a difference on whether or not she lived in the same house, or if she was expected to arrive that night.

Agreed. She was a teacher in St. Cloud, so we can assume she lived locally. MSM reports vary as to whether she lived in the home or not.

Regardless, I had a key to my folks' home for years after reaching adulthood, came over countless times both day and night and never once had a gun pulled on me. But my folks are people who are fond of rationale. And they aren't paranoid nor trigger happy. Maybe that is the difference?

In any case, I think this case is a homicide disguised as an accident. Too fishy.

Am I the only one who would just holler "Who is it? I have a loaded gun."

Nope, that was the old way of doing it. Back in the wild west days, you were supposed to warn people before you shot them. In the new world, the policy is shoot first, and ask questions later. If you hear a bump in the night, just shoot into the dark. It doesn’t matter who or what you hit. Because it’s all about you. You are the only one that is important.

It also sounds like, from that article, that neither parent told the officer first on scene that it was a gunshot. It wasn't until medical came next that mom told about the gunshot.

And that right there stinks to high heaven!

There are lots of weird things. One, why would the daughter be walking into the parents bedroom at night, when they are asleep, without knocking on bedroom door, saying " MOM< are you awake?' It seems very odd to just go over and unlock the front door and go up to a sleeping persons room and walk in, no announcing yourself.

If I don't live somewhere, I call before I go in late at night, key or no key.

And if the daughter did live there, then why would mom be so scared to hear someone enter the home?

It looks like TWO police officers didn't realize she was shot. :thud:
Both the stepfather and the responding officer just noticed a red mark.
Are there some bullets that would leave THAT tiny of a mark? Wow....
Maybe the large wound was in her back? Or there was no large wound?
I mean that doesn't explain how it happened to begin with... but still.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...y-fatal-shooting-st-cloud-20151231-story.html

The officer said he grabbed the AED and a CPR mask and ran inside to find Claude Campbell attempting life-saving measures on Doby as she lay lifeless on the floor, her head facing the couple's bed, according to the report.

The officer said he noticed "a small red dot" on Doby's chest as Claude Campbell continued CPR. Campbell told police he thought the dot was from Doby's pacemaker.

When the medical crews responded minutes later, Sherry Campbell told them her daughter had been shot.

There wasn't any blood coming out of the "red dot"?

There wasn't any blood coming out of the "red dot"?

this makes me crazy what about the black burn mark from the gun powder. He had to know it was a gun shot. And yes I can't imagine it didn't have blood.

I really really really am trying to believe it's an accident. I don't want to think badly of her mom. Maybe it's just some really bad reporting. But this story is full of holes.

There are lots of weird things. One, why would the daughter be walking into the parents bedroom at night, when they are asleep, without knocking on bedroom door, saying " MOM< are you awake?' It seems very odd to just go over and unlock the front door and go up to a sleeping persons room and walk in, no announcing yourself.

If I don't live somewhere, I call before I go in late at night, key or no key.

And if the daughter did live there, then why would mom be so scared to hear someone enter the home?

It's my understanding that the daughter did live there but had been away on a visit and had just returned.

Okay so the stepdad didn't see, hear or smell the gunshot when he was in the same room. Got it :thinking:

this makes me crazy what about the black burn mark from the gun powder. He had to know it was a gun shot. And yes I can't imagine it didn't have blood.

I really really really am trying to believe it's an accident. I don't want to think badly of her mom. Maybe it's just some really bad reporting. But this story is full of holes.

Where are you getting that there was a "black burn mark from the gun powder"?

If there was that kind of marking on the victims skin it suggests a very close contact type wound. That's not how this shooting has been described.

Okay so the stepdad didn't see, hear or smell the gunshot when he was in the same room. Got it :thinking:

A cop didn't wake up when he heard a gun shot. Didn't know it was a bullet hole. Her mother made it through a 5 min 911 call and didn't say anything about a gun shot til. Medical Personnel got there. How does all this happen. They are suppose to be trained professionals.
I understand it's not that easy to stay professional when it's your own child. But I feel in a panic when your adrenaline is pumping you just blurt out even the most unimportant info. As a mother whose daughter is hurt. You offer every bit of information. How do you manage to withhold the most important detail in the whole situation.

A cop didn't wake up when he heard a gun shot. Didn't know it was a bullet hole. Her mother made it through a 5 min 911 call and didn't say anything about a gun shot til. Medical Personnel got there. How does all this happen. They are suppose to be trained professionals.
I understand it's not that easy to stay professional when it's your own child. But I feel in a panic when your adrenaline is pumping you just blurt out even the most unimportant info. As a mother whose daughter is hurt. You offer every bit of information. How do you manage to withhold the most important detail in the whole situation.

I can't imagine saying anything to 911 other than "My daughter's been shot" or "I shot my daughter." So what did she say - my kid is unconscious and possibly injured on the floor and not moving and could you please send an ambulance? How could she, and why would she, exclude the most critical detail?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back