FL - Multiple Fatalities at Mass Shooting at Madden Gaming Tournament, Jacksonville, 26 Aug 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
CNN: WJCT reporter Vic Micolucci says heavily armed officers with tactical gear searching vicinity. People are being kept inside until they searched the area. Shooter could have worked not alone. Police not yet releasing details. Spokespeople for Sheriff’s office arrived to get information and decide what is being released.

I spend a lot of time watching gamers on Twitch. Mostly individuals but competitions too. I was going to be watching this stream today but something came up. The 2018 Pokemon World Championships are taking place right now (just about to end, actually) and when I heard there'd been a shooting at a competition I was terrified it was that one. A lot of kids go to that. Not that the reality is any better. I think a couple of the gamers I know were there. I hope they're safe. This is going to put a lot of gaming competitions on edge.

My thoughts are with the victims and their families.

I don't really know. Someone who works for Fox said a friend was at this tournament. He is unharmed but told her his friends are dead. Said gamer...the shooter..lost a game and started shooting as many as he could.

Well.

My question here is:

Do we have a generation unable to deal with losing at anything - their only response is to shoot?

Well.

My question here is:

Do we have a generation unable to deal with losing at anything - their only response is to shoot?

I don't think so. This kind of thing has always happened. There were plenty of people shooting each other dead over lost card games in the 1800s.

I'm hearing a lot of rumours from the community right now. A lot of info about the tournament. Someone who was there today is livestreaming and talking about it. I shan't say anything though, as it's not MSM.

Well.

My question here is:

With such sadness in my heart I do believe this to be true for some. At one time losing was thought to be a learning experience. Everyone in life will lose at some point.

Losing shouldn't ever turn into violence but should always be a learning experience in order to become stronger in the future and do better when facing any losses.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexisboyd
Back