GUILTY FL - Nicole Montalvo, 35, failed to pick up her son from school, St. Cloud, 21 Oct 2019 *arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Aaaand... another article that states "Authorities said there is a history of domestic violence between the two," instead of the more honest "authorities report a past attack on Nicole where he almost killed her...."
Nicole Montalvo's Husband, Father-in-Law Charged With Murder
Snipped- at least this reporter has it right BBM
Investigators said Otero-Rivera has a history of domestic violence against Montalvo. According to an Osceola Sheriff's Office affidavit dated October 4, 2018, Otero-Rivera, with help from another woman, kidnapped and attacked Montalvo after luring her under the pretense of needing a ride because of a dead truck battery.

Montalvo was taken to an isolated road in Poinciana, where she was thrown to the ground, attacked, and threatened over texts she sent to a friend and for "taking his (Otero-Rivera's) son," the affidavit said. About $40 and debit cards that Montalvo were missing after the alleged attack were found in Otero-Rivera's wallet, said St. Cloud Police, investigators wrote.

Multiple felony charges were filed, but according to court documents, the state declined to prosecute the more serious charges of kidnapping with intent to inflict bodily harm and robbery during a plea deal. And the judge withheld adjudication on Otero-Rivera for the charges of tampering with a witness to hinder communication to law enforcement, unlawful possession of a stolen debit card, and battery.

Otero-Rivera was under house arrest and probation at the time Montalvo disappeared.
—-
The state should feel shame tonight IMO - this decision cost Nicole her life
jMO

Nicole Montalvo's Husband, Father-in-Law Charged With Murder
Snipped- at least this reporter has it right BBM
Investigators said Otero-Rivera has a history of domestic violence against Montalvo. According to an Osceola Sheriff's Office affidavit dated October 4, 2018, Otero-Rivera, with help from another woman, kidnapped and attacked Montalvo after luring her under the pretense of needing a ride because of a dead truck battery.

Montalvo was taken to an isolated road in Poinciana, where she was thrown to the ground, attacked, and threatened over texts she sent to a friend and for "taking his (Otero-Rivera's) son," the affidavit said. About $40 and debit cards that Montalvo were missing after the alleged attack were found in Otero-Rivera's wallet, said St. Cloud Police, investigators wrote.

Multiple felony charges were filed, but according to court documents, the state declined to prosecute the more serious charges of kidnapping with intent to inflict bodily harm and robbery during a plea deal. And the judge withheld adjudication on Otero-Rivera for the charges of tampering with a witness to hinder communication to law enforcement, unlawful possession of a stolen debit card, and battery.

Otero-Rivera was under house arrest and probation at the time Montalvo disappeared.
—-
The state should feel shame tonight IMO - this decision cost Nicole her life
jMO
Do we know the name of the State Prosecutor that was involved with this travesty? Its too late to do anything now but perhaps providing additional disclosure on the nature of the plea deal might raise some awareness of the choices made by the State in this tragedy. House arrest and Probation? Unbelievable IMO that this was allowed to happen. MOO

Do we know the name of the State Prosecutor that was involved with this travesty? Its too late to do anything now but perhaps providing additional disclosure on the nature of the plea deal might raise some awareness of the choices made by the State in this tragedy. House arrest and Probation? Unbelievable IMO that this was allowed to happen. MOO
I’m going to do some digging and also work with the local reporters who’ve covered this case - I think a domestic violence in depth story and choices made by prosecutors would be a good investigative piece - this whole case seems so unnecessary IMO - she should be getting her boy ready for trick or treating this week -JMO

Some additional information from above article:
During a second brief news conference later that night, Gibson said a warrant search at a second home on Henry J Avenue turned up more human remains.[BBM] That home was also owned by the Rivera family, Gibson said. Based on that and other evidence, detectives established probable cause to charge Otero-Rivera and Rivera with first-degree murder.

✔@MyNews13

· 19m

Replying to @MyNews13
"We want to implore people out there that this investigation is by no means over," @OsceolaSheriff says. "We're just scratching the surface of all the information we've uncovered so far."

Spectrum News 13

✔@MyNews13

"We're going to be methodical. We will not rest until every shred of evidence is located and processed to establish a strong case," @Sheriff_Gibson says. "Our commitment is to make sure this is done and to make sure justice is done for Nicole and have her voice heard."

1:41 AM - Oct 28, 2019

"We want to implore people out there that this investigation is by no means over. ... We're just scratching the surface with the information we've uncovered so far," Gibson said.

At Broadway Pizza Bar in Kissimmee, a sign on the door said the restaurant was closed for the evening "in remembrance of our server Nicole Montalvo." [BBM - place of victims employment]

"No matter how minute a role you may have played in this heinous murder, we are closing in on all of you. (To) every one of you, there is no rock you can hide under, no pond we can't drain to find the evidence we need to substantiate a guilty verdict in this case," Gibson said.

Montalvo's last known location was at the home on Hixon Avenue, where she'd gone Monday night to drop off her young son to his father and grandparents.

I’m going to do some digging and also work with the local reporters who’ve covered this case - I think a domestic violence in depth story and choices made by prosecutors would be a good investigative piece - this whole case seems so unnecessary IMO - she should be getting her boy ready for trick or treating this week -JMO
Great idea! It sounds like the perp was allowed to return to the parents house and remain there under some kind of 'house arrest' situation rather than go to jail. If the press could shed some light on the bond amounts too it might be helpful as they seemed shockingly low given the nature of the crimes. I'm not familiar with bond practices in FL to know if a $500 bond for a DV incident would be typical but its shocking to me if that about were typical. Its also unclear if either of the perps had monitoring devices in place as part of their release deal with the State.

I couldn’t watch the presser so thank you / what the h did they do to her??
Does anyone have a link to the latest 9:30 pm presser? I just posted the article and tweets but can't find the presser. Thanks!

Haven’t seen anything posted yet
WFTV.com
Cfnews13.com
WESH.com
Clickorlando.com
OK. I will go back to youtube and see if it posted there. If I find it I will post back here. The additional remains found at second location is new news IMO but we still haven't seen address for the second location yet. I was trying to figure it out from the last video but was unable to do it on google.

.@osceolasheriff confirms that 1st degree murder charges brought against estranged husband of Nicole Montalvo and husband's father are in connection to her killing.

Investigators had been searching a second home on Henry J Drive that @OsceolaSheriff called a "second potential crime scene." He says more human remains were found there.

Spectrum News 13‏Verified account @MyNews13 1h1 hour ago
.@osceolasheriff says that home was also owned by the Rivera family.
Henry j drive may also be 3921 Hixon - it’s owned by another family member as reported earlier - so if there are more remains are they hers or someone else ??? We know his parents both lived at the first place - wonder who else is unaccounted for ?

ETA Henry J is a different location and is not the same as the Hixon address where the remains were found - but odd that remains are found on henry too

Last edited:
Henry j drive may also be 3921 Hixon - it’s owned by another family member as reported earlier - so if there are more remains are they hers or someone else ??? We know his parents both lived at the first place - wonder who else is unaccounted for ?
Spectrum seems to have a paywall system and I wonder if its a cable station as I cannot get to the 9:30 pm video that was referenced on their twitter feed. Will keep trying other stations.

.@osceolasheriff confirms that 1st degree murder charges brought against estranged husband of Nicole Montalvo and husband's father are in connection to her killing.

Investigators had been searching a second home on Henry J Drive that @OsceolaSheriff called a "second potential crime scene." He says more human remains were found there.

Spectrum News 13‏Verified account @MyNews13 1h1 hour ago
.@osceolasheriff says that home was also owned by the Rivera family.
Property Search | Osceola County Property Appraiser
What were they doing on these properties ? What else is going on?

Just posted an earlier news video and I think it has a backhoe working under tarps at the second property. See what you think. Still no address on second location.
I’ve got the address they said it was a family member ... check the link I posted and you will find a familiar name ...
What made them go to the other address ? Is someone talking ???

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back