FL FL - Pasco Co., WhtMale 524UFML, 30-50, Harley Davidson, swastika tats, Jan'89

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Namus has Mr. Gabbard's vehicle description kind of implying that it disappeared along with him which is usually indicative of submersion in a body of water. Why would they not just explicitly state that the vehicle hasn't been recovered either?

I'm confused about why a few people said Eugene Gabbard's tattoos make him a good match. Don't the tattoos rule him out?

UP1191 tattoos: Left bicep: Harley Davidson wings with a Norse cross and rebel flag. Swastika and initials "HFD"
Left forearm: Dragon with flames, nude lady with red high heels and rebel flag
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Eugene Gabbard tattoos: skull with spider over it on left arm between shoulder and elbow
Harley Davidson sign with eagle over a green wreath with initial H.D. on upper right arm
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

So the left bicep either has "HFD" and a swastika, or a skull with a spider. And the Harley Davidson tattoo is either on the left bicep with a swastika and no eagle, or the right bicep with an eagle and no swastika. To my mind those are very different descriptions. For this to be a match, you would have to assume that whoever reported Eugene missing completely misremembered the design and placement of his tattoos.

It's very possible whoever reported him missing could have misremembered or been mistaken about what and where on the body. My sib has a ton of tattoos, at least 5, maybe more, scattered about her body, not all visible with clothes on. No full wraps or sleeves, last I knew. When she got each one, she showed me or told me about them. However, the only one I can recall now is the dolphin on one of her calves. I think it's on her calf. And which calf, I couldn't tell you. So, if asked, I'd describe them just similarly as I typed: At least 5, one definitely a dolphin on one of her calves, and possibly a pair of drama masks over one of her breasts.

I know memories can be fallible but if there's one tattoo I would find impossible to forget, it's a swastika

I know memories can be fallible but if there's one tattoo I would find impossible to forget, it's a swastika
True, but given the time interval between when Eugene went missing and the remains were found, he could have gotten that one (and others) during that time. His loved ones might not have known he'd gotten it/or new tattoos. Or, if they knew, they could have been too embarrassed to mention it or afraid if they did, folks would be put off from looking for him. Just some ideas.
But if his car is also missing, too, I'm thinking he's in a body of water most likely.

@Caring1 Hey could you post the current list of NamUs exclusions for this John Doe? I would greatly appreciate it.

I wonder if the HFD tattoo means Harley (Effin') Davidson?

Additional tattoo descriptions:

Tattoos adorned the man's left arm. A fragment of flesh still attached to the skeleton featured what appeared to be a tattoo of a rose with green leaves. Purple stripes traveled from the rose to an area resembling a spider web colored in yellow and black.

Another piece of flesh also appeared to be tattooed, but it was too decayed to tell.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hobo1977
Back