FL FL - Pat Carter, 62, & Kelly Moriarty (fnd dec'd), 38, Bradenton, 17 Dec 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's hard to believe there has been no further news about this case. It appears to be another one for the back burner that might get solved in another 50 years.

It seems like there are lots of missing woman and no leads, no news, no searches that we are aware of, nothing. The threads get farther and farther back in the missing forum.

It is a very strange case, but It seems pretty clear to me that Kelly met her demise at the hands of her gun toting companion. l

this was my initial instinct, but after hearing the daughter didn't report her mother missing until AFTER the cops came asking I've changed my opinion.

I had never heard of this case.
I'm so sad it's not getting the attention it deserves.
Why isn't it? They're not young enough? They're gay? I don't know, but it's not...

This one has stayed in my mind. It appears that the perpetrator(s) did a bang-up job covering tracks. I think that's why we're not hearing anything.

This story saddens me, both the details of what happened and seemingly lax attitude that LE seems to be taking on it. I was friends with Kelly growing up until her and her family moved to Florida when we were in high school. I don't know what the family situation was when she went missing but I can tell you that I spent a lot of time at her house and she had a very close , loving family. Her parents are still living and she was very close with her brother so i find it especially odd that they didn't notice her not being around over the holidays. As someone had mentioned earlier perhaps her family disapproved of her lifestyle or maybe just that particular relationship. I have such fond memories of Kelly and to think that someone murdered her and cut her up is just to horrible to think about. I also wanted to post a better picture of her because all of the ones in the news are horrible. Kelly was a happy girl , always smiling and those pictures do not indicate that at all.Hopefully I do it right. I hope that they are still working on this case, Kelly deserves it, Doris too I did not know her but nobody deserves what it looks like may have happened to these 2 women

Attachments

• Kelly.jpg
    Kelly.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 76
This story saddens me, both the details of what happened and seemingly lax attitude that LE seems to be taking on it. I was friends with Kelly growing up until her and her family moved to Florida when we were in high school. I don't know what the family situation was when she went missing but I can tell you that I spent a lot of time at her house and she had a very close , loving family. Her parents are still living and she was very close with her brother so i find it especially odd that they didn't notice her not being around over the holidays. As someone had mentioned earlier perhaps her family disapproved of her lifestyle or maybe just that particular relationship. I have such fond memories of Kelly and to think that someone murdered her and cut her up is just to horrible to think about. I also wanted to post a better picture of her because all of the ones in the news are horrible. Kelly was a happy girl , always smiling and those pictures do not indicate that at all.Hopefully I do it right. I hope that they are still working on this case, Kelly deserves it, Doris too I did not know her but nobody deserves what it looks like may have happened to these 2 women

It appears although the family disapproved of Kelly's lifestyle, they had no problem with her living off others and I believe this maybe the reason these two women are missing. In any event hopefully LE gets more involved with this case as it does not appear they have put much effort into it.

It appears although the family disapproved of Kelly's lifestyle, they had no problem with her living off others and I believe this maybe the reason these two women are missing. In any event hopefully LE gets more involved with this case as it does not appear they have put much effort into it.

It is only speculation that they disapproved, not fact. Why do you say the family 'had no problem with her living off others'? Where is evidence of that?

No job but having an apartment and being able to go out dancing, Doris paying all the bills, I believe the age difference also speaks for itself. Doris had means, Kelly did not. Its very odd that the family hadn't heard from her in two months and then reported her missing. I know I contact my family at least once a week and I also believe most other people keep close contact with family members. In the end the real issue is that LE needs to be more involved in this case regardless of the situation. No one deserves to be butchered the way it appears Kelly had been. There is a murderer out there that needs to be caught so that these families have some closure and justice!!!

Possible development in 'Severed Leg' murder mystery; Kelly Moriarty and Doris Carter still missing

Detectives have been back out to Carter's Plant City home just within the past 24 hours and are using words like 'excited' and 'significant' when talking about the evidence they collected there.

At the home on McLin Drive in Plant City, neighbors say the property was swarming with deputies and crime scene investigators.

"They're very cooperative." said Det. Larry McKinnon, who says Cater's daughter and son-in-law, who still live at the home, gave them verbal consent to re-enter the house.

Moriarty's relatives, who have expressed frustration about the pace of the investigation, believe the women were killed somewhere in the Plant City area.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/topstories...ble-development-in-Severed-Leg-murder-mystery

So glad to see that someone still cares what happened here. I wonder what brought them to the home finally?

http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/280233/8/Severed-leg-murder-mystery-victim-wanted-family-evicted

5:49 PM, Oct 29, 2012

Plant City, FL -- Just days before 38-year-old Kelly Moriarty and 62-year-old Doris Carter went missing, court documents show Doris Carter had her daughter Stacy Muralt and Stacy's husband, Anthony, evicted from the Plant City home the three had been sharing.

120413101150_Doris-Carter-Kelly-Moriarty.jpg

I think that either the daughter or son in law (or both) know more than they are letting on. I'm not implying that they did something to Doris and Kelly, but I believe they have an idea of what happened.
Otherwise, I believe they would have reported the two women missing much sooner than they did, or at least wouldn't have waited until LE were actually investigating the disappearance before officially reporting them missing. Even if the daughter and her mother had a strained relationship, they lived with each other, so surely the daughter would have realized her mother was missing. And even if she thought her mother and Kelly had just gone on vacation, what did she think when they didn't contact her for Christmas?

Whatever the case, I sadly believe both women are deceased, and I believe it happened quite close to their home. I don't believe that Doris killed Kelly and is on the run somewhere... I don't think she'd have the cash on her to be able to fly under the radar for this long.

Something doesn't seem right. I hope these women are found though, so justice can be served. Glad to hear LE are still working on it, and may have further information to help them solve this one.

I agree with you whole heartedly. I believe what happened to them happened in the plant city area, I do not believe it was someone who did not know them and I believe the truth will be found out. My thoughts are with the Moriarity family as I can't imagine the hurt and sorrow of not having any closure to this case. I certainly hope when the people are caught, they are given the severest sentence allowed.

http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-n...nother-missing-amid-enduring-myste-ar-576490/

By DAVE NICHOLSON | Plant City Courier
Published: November 26, 2012
Updated: November 26, 2012 - 7:21 PM

PLANT CITY --Kelly Moriarty and Doris "Pat" Carter seem like unlikely companions.

Moriarty was a high school softball star who told her family she was gay the year after she graduated from St. Petersburg Catholic High School. Carter — 23 years older than Moriarty — is the widow of a Hillsborough County sheriff's deputy and a mother.

http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-n...nother-missing-amid-enduring-myste-ar-576490/

By DAVE NICHOLSON | Plant City Courier
Published: November 26, 2012
Updated: November 26, 2012 - 7:21 PM

PLANT CITY --Kelly Moriarty and Doris "Pat" Carter seem like unlikely companions.

Moriarty was a high school softball star who told her family she was gay the year after she graduated from St. Petersburg Catholic High School. Carter — 23 years older than Moriarty — is the widow of a Hillsborough County sheriff's deputy and a mother.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrissy321
Back